Class of 2018 - OLB/DE Caleb Okechukwu (DC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OLB/DE Caleb Okechukwu (DC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Kramer Cook
1f34a.png
liked
Caleb Okechukwu‏ @IamCaleb_18 7h7 hours ago
Gone off Twitter til Wednesday
1f4af.png
#Gonnadowhatsbestforme

DE Caleb Okechukwu latest prospect surprised by Arkansas

FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas once again stunned an out-of-state prospect during an official visit and appears to in good shape to land him.

Defensive end Caleb Okechukwu and his father arrived in Fayetteville on Saturday and left around noon Sunday.

“It went great,” Okechukwu said. “I didn’t think Arkansas was like this, but it’s really cool.”

Okechukwu, 6-4, 240 pounds, 4.79 seconds in the 40-yard dash, of Washington, D.C., St. John's College has scholarship offers from Arkansas, Tennessee, Arizona, Massachusetts, Florida Atlantic and others. The facilities and academic support were some of the things that surprised him.

“I didn’t think things were nearly as great as they are,” Okechukwu said.

Prior to visiting Fayetteville, he took trips to Texas and Syracuse and will now decide from the Hogs, Longhorns and Orange on signing day. The trip to Fayetteville helped Arkansas’ odds of landing him.

“It definitely raises the chances,” he said. “I’m going to go home today, go over the pros and cons of all the schools and make a decision.”

Okechukwu, who recorded 81 tackles, 16 sacks and 38 tackles for loss as a senior, played in the Under Armour All-American game in early January. Strong on education, he plans to major in business and touring the Sam M. Walton College of Business was his favorite part of the visit.

“Getting into the business school and seeing how they help the kids,” Okechikwu said. “They just showed me that you can’t lose.”

He enjoyed spending time with the Razorback coaching staff.

“They were all real cool,” he said. “They’re faith-based. I liked that. They’re easy-going guys.”

“Getting into the business school and seeing how they help the kids,” Okechikwu said. “They just showed me that you can’t lose.”

Nice to see he is interested in the business school. Has to be a plus for us.

"Unlike the Razorbacks and Orange, though, the Longhorns are yet to provide Okechukwu with an offer. That lack of an invitation may be due to what’s shaping up to be a strong defensive line haul for Texas down the stretch."

This article was just posted yesterday. So maybe it is really a choice between Arkansas and Syracuse?

"Unlike the Razorbacks and Orange, though, the Longhorns are yet to provide Okechukwu with an offer. That lack of an invitation may be due to what’s shaping up to be a strong defensive line haul for Texas down the stretch."

This article was just posted yesterday. So maybe it is really a choice between Arkansas and Syracuse?
He's a low priority for Texas. A lot of things would have to go wrong for Texas on signing day for them to take an Okechukwu commitment. I think it is definitely down to Syracuse and Arkansas.

as far as business schools go, in the latest US News rankings, Arkansas is #73 and Syracuse is #88 (Texas is #17).

He's a low priority for Texas. A lot of things would have to go wrong for Texas on signing day for them to take an Okechukwu commitment. I think it is definitely down to Syracuse and Arkansas.

as far as business schools go, in the latest US News rankings, Arkansas is #73 and Syracuse is #88 (Texas is #17).
If you want to spend the rest of your life in Arkansas, it makes sense to go there.

If you want to spend the rest of your life anyway else in the world, with the possible exception of Mississippi, it would be prudent to choose Syracuse.

Looking at this tweet from Doyle looks like they will all just make an announcement at some time today.

Schools must be closed all the way up. We’re closed in glens falls ny

I think he is essentially a DT recruit after a few years of S*C. Big frame

With Fitzroy a likely non-qualifier, all our eggs are in this basket now. Hope we get good news in 30 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom