Class of 2018 - OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OLB Ja'qurius (Jack) Smith (FL) Decommitted from Syracuse/To Purdue

wonder if he has a chance to qualify, hence Cincy, or if he's straight JUCO.

give it 2 or 3 years before cincy’s in a p5

we aren't going to get where we need to be by recruiting kids who wind up at Cinci. That much I know
The problem is that until the coaches can visit schools for academic evaluations, which usually isn't until after a kid has been offered and committed, they don't know if he is going to qualify. So there is probably always going to be a kid recruited that will turn out to be a non-qualifier.

Always good to believe in yourself. I hope he can squeak out, and qualify.

Unfortunately, with his #994 rank, the UA roster's would need to expand to 1000 to respect everyone. With 98.4% of cfb players never getting to the NFL, and the average NFL player lasting less than 3 years? I hope he learns that the greatest respect he will find, is in succeeding academically.

Wish him the best, however it works out for him. Hoping that's in orange.

Whoever "CuseSports44" is on twitter is such a poor representative of the University.

Pretty sure Tre Allison took his spot and this was just a formality. So basically we are at 7 openings for this class again, but 5 if Dixon and Jordan stick.
Im thinking 4 because of the addition of Jackson

Bummed. I know this has been coming for some time and many of you have your issues with this kid. Have always thought he's got an incredibly high ceiling and am super bummed that most likely, this kids talent will go to waste.

Bummed. I know this has been coming for some time and many of you have your issues with this kid. Have always thought he's got an incredibly high ceiling and am super bummed that most likely, this kids talent will go to waste.

It's unfortunate but he doesn't do us any good sitting at a JUCO for 2 years and then never coming here anyway. It's rare for a kid that doesn't qualify academically to go JUCO and then end up back at Syracuse. Very few examples of it.

???

Would have liked to seen Smith land here, but if there's one position we've recruited at an amazingly high level in the class of 2017 / 2018, it is LB. I doubt we'll even feel this loss, frankly -- and that's no knock on this recruit.

I don't think anyone had issues with the kid, he just couldn't get his grades in order. It's not the first time it's happened and it sure won't be the last.

I don't think anyone had issues with the kid, he just couldn't get his grades in order. It's not the first time it's happened and it sure won't be the last.
Is Cincy still a player here...or is he not meeting basic minimum qualifications?

Good to see he decomitted from the University of Syracuse considering he pledged to "take his talents to the University of Syracuse"

Consistency is a strength

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom