Class of 2014 - OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited" | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited"

he was never wavering
With LJ moved on the Ohio State, and the new Coach at 21 recruits, and with 3 expected to sign already, and another 10 recruits coming over the next 2 weeks who are uncommitted, and the HARD LINE NUMBER according to PSU for recruits this class set at 23, somebody is going to be left without a chair when the music stops. There may even be 2 or 3 chairs short when the music stops. Still "Beyond Excited" Mr. Cabina. This is what happens when you go for greener pastures, you just might be left in the meadow when the bus picks up evreyone all by your lonesome. Bnoro, are we still extending an offer to JC or have we moved on?

With LJ moved on the Ohio State, and the new Coach at 21 recruits, and with 3 expected to sign already, and another 10 recruits coming over the next 2 weeks who are uncommitted, and the HARD LINE NUMBER according to PSU for recruits this class set at 23, somebody is going to be left without a chair when the music stops. There may even be 2 or 3 chairs short when the music stops. Still "Beyond Excited" Mr. Cabina. This is what happens when you go for greener pastures, you just might be left in the meadow when the bus picks up evreyone all by your lonesome. Bnoro, are we still extending an offer to JC or have we moved on?
He's not going to be "left in the meadow", he's going to be playing for Penn State next year. Cut and dry. He's not leaving and we're not waiting.

He's not going to be "left in the meadow", he's going to be playing for Penn State next year. Cut and dry. He's not leaving and we're not waiting.
Agreed he may not be left out, but will be interesting to see what happens with the new coach and all and if (PSU) they stick to the restriction or push the envelope in recruiting numbers. Technically in adhearance to the imposed penalties even with the increase they are not supposed to have more than 20 in this class according to the restrictions.

I doubt you're going to be ragging on Kyron Watson if he decommits from Kansas to come to SU or Prater if he decommits from W. Michigan to come to SU, for what will be greener pastures for them. Let it go.

Have you been spending time with James Franklin?

I doubt you're going to be ragging on Kyron Watson if he decommits from Kansas to come to SU or Prater if he decommits from W. Michigan to come to SU, for what will be greener pastures for them. Let it go.

Have you been spending time with James Franklin?
Sure, he's my best bud, going out for a beer with him tonight!

Kyron Watson would be a much bigger commit than Cabinda. Would be the best LB in this class and our other LBs aren't slouches.
So you're saying he could be the "Hakim Warrick" of this class?

Kyron Watson would be a much bigger commit than Cabinda. Would be the best LB in this class and our other LBs aren't slouches.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cabinda ends up a blocking FB/ short yardage type of back under Franklin. No slight to Jason, he was also a very good running back in HS.

Cabinda is a solid to Penn st as Nas Howard is to Cuse. Dream Schools for both of them. Cabinda had a monster year. They wiil not pull his scholly

Cabinda is a solid to Penn st as Nas Howard is to Cuse. Dream Schools for both of them. Cabinda had a monster year. They wiil not pull his scholly
His Senior runningback tape was extremely impressive. Thought it looked better than his LB tape tho

His Senior runningback tape was extremely impressive. Thought it looked better than his LB tape tho
Yeah I didnt bother to watch his senior film at all because i knew he wasnt going to SU. Well maybe he will be a power back or fullback there. Good luck to him

All the talk about Penn State reminded me of what could have been.

Jason led Penn State in tackles last year (100) and is on the pre-season Bednarik, Lott and Butkus Award watch lists.

Ozcuse said:
It's really hard to believe in karma when PSU's dream school recruits are pre-season awards list candidates and our dream school recruits try to kill their teammates. Oh Lord

Cherry picked example for maximum effect?

I really liked this kid. IIRC so did Franklin and I believe Jason's defection from the class caused him some real consternations. I think he had a DWI problem on campus prior to last season. Glad to see he is overcoming that and becoming a leader. Hope it is not another case of football trumping actual life lessons.

Cabinda is a monster. He's playing in the NFL next year.

Just imagine Cabinda, Zaire and Bennett as our starting LBs. Good grief.

Screw you Ped St.

Yep. Pretty amazing haul that would have been.

Cabinda is a monster. He's playing in the NFL next year.

Just imagine Cabinda, Zaire and Bennett as our starting LBs. Good grief.

Screw you Ped St.
I was thinking the same thing when I was watching the game