Class of 2014 - OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited" | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited"

I really don't think they will get a named coach other than Schiano who is going after the Texas job hard.

Thanks for the laugh.

Like that's going to happen.

Chris Adamski ‏@C_AdamskiTrib 13m
Dunno how toxic this mere simple fact is: Al Golden and his wife were TWO employees of PSU football office when Jerry Sandusky was around

If I were Golden I wouldn't leave Miami for PSU for one big reason...$$$. No state income tax in FL.

And so was Schiano who worked under Sandusky. I dont think either one of those 2 becomes the next PSU coach. I've not really been following the situation but ny money would be on Franklin.

Collegian Footblog ‏@psufootblog 16m
Penn State quarterback commit Michael O'Connor reportedly won't enroll early as originally planned: http://bit.ly/1cNji2v

Won't enroll in college until June and is reopening his recruitment. So it starts.

He's still got time to wait and enroll in Jan, but this kid being a QB is in a different situation. He definitely needs to know who his coach is going to be. I think he'll end up at Michigan State.

Buttgers has no chance in hell to land him.

And so was Schiano who worked under Sandusky. I dont think either one of those 2 becomes the next PSU coach. I've not really been following the situation but ny money would be on Franklin.

I wonder if PSU is considering giving the job to LJ.

He can stay there, time to move on from this thread....

Some thoughts. Cabinda can still visit Cuse officially so we’ll see if a visit happens. A hunch says it happens – not that he flips but that he visits “to be sure”.

If Al Golden is named at Penn State, I’d worry a little bit about Custis but I don’t think anyone else, Penn State with OBrien reached out to Zaire and he said no thanks. I’m hedging that a new coach wouldn’t have a lot of time to flip kids rather than re-recruiting the kids they already have and the open ones they’re currently involved with.

Conversely, I think there’s a kid or two at Miami that GMac could swing.

Golden is the only person I don't want to have the job just because of the Custis to PSU possibility, especially if one of their WR de-commits

He's still got time to wait and enroll in Jan, but this kid being a QB is in a different situation. He definitely needs to know who his coach is going to be. I think he'll end up at Michigan State.

Buttgers has no chance in hell to land him.

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 22m
Enrolling early still up in the air for Michael O'Connor. His former coach has heard from Syracuse, MSU and Michigan http://es.pn/1a6qciG

Tom VanHaaren ‏@TomVH 22m
Enrolling early still up in the air for Michael O'Connor. His former coach has heard from Syracuse, MSU and Michigan http://es.pn/1a6qciG

That’s surprising but I’m all for improving the talent on the roster, 2 commits or not.

I’ll throw this out there to. I’ve always thought it was odd that Miami still brought in two other kids along with Edouard.

That’s surprising but I’m all for improving the talent on the roster, 2 commits or not.

I’ll throw this out there to. I’ve always thought it was odd that Miami still brought in two other kids along with Edouard.

I agree. I found it surprising to see that Syracuse had interest in O'Connor. Would think there are other needs than QB on which to use a scholarship.

I agree. I found it surprising to see that Syracuse had interest in O'Connor. Would think there are other needs than QB on which to use a scholarship.
In particular, because he is a pro style quarterback, and it would appear we are focused on dual threat quarterbacks.

In particular, because he is a pro style quarterback, and it would appear we are focused on dual threat quarterbacks.

He is a pro style, but he is pretty athletic.

Just to update the staff movement:

Defensive coordinator John Butler, strength and conditioning coach Craig Fitzgerald, wide receivers coach Stan Hixon, running backs coach Charles London and safeties coach Anthony Midget will not return. They are expected to fill vacancies on Bill O’Brien’s new Houston Texans staff.

Also leaving Penn State are Jim Bernhardt, special assistant to the head coach, and strength and conditioning coaches Dwight Galt IV and Sean Hayes.

Linebackers coach Ron Vanderlinden and quarterbacks coach Charlie Fisher resigned before O’Brien’s departure

http://www.centredaily.com/2014/01/06/3972632/penn-state-football-coaches-fitzgerald.html

24/7 and Rovals list Butler and Vanderlinden as his recruiters

Just to update the staff movement:

Defensive coordinator John Butler, strength and conditioning coach Craig Fitzgerald, wide receivers coach Stan Hixon, running backs coach Charles London and safeties coach Anthony Midget will not return. They are expected to fill vacancies on Bill O’Brien’s new Houston Texans staff.

Also leaving Penn State are Jim Bernhardt, special assistant to the head coach, and strength and conditioning coaches Dwight Galt IV and Sean Hayes.

Linebackers coach Ron Vanderlinden and quarterbacks coach Charlie Fisher resigned before O’Brien’s departure

http://www.centredaily.com/2014/01/06/3972632/penn-state-football-coaches-fitzgerald.html

24/7 and Rovals list Butler and Vanderlinden as his recruiters

And the cupboard was left bare...

Will be interesting to see how many of these kids de-commit from PSU.

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep all or at least most of their commits, especially if they hire Franklin. But even if they don't hire Franklin we are talking about the Stepford School here- once the trance takes hold it is difficult to break away.

And the cupboard was left bare...

Will be interesting to see how many of these kids de-commit from PSU.

FWIW he followed some L'ville players too. Maybe he's covering his tracks!

i didn't think of this right off the bat but he could also be staying put and just trying to poach.

Franklin is gonna get the job at PSU. At least that's the way it looks now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shoop headed to PSU with him.

So, is there any buzz about whether Cabinda is actually wavering, or is it a lost cause at this point?

this is fun reading for 2 reasons. Toad's trying to breathe life back into the fanbase, and the comment section

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...ommit_as_national_signing_day_approaches.html

I particularly like this one (guy probably doesn't remember because he was 2 years old at the time):

loyalson27

1 Hour Ago
If Jason responds to a scholarship offer by saying "it doesnt really mean much" then what does that say about his character? David Njoku recently said that he would commit to the school that shows him the most love after he broke a pledge to RU. I don't remember Ray Rice or Brian Leonard ever behaving like this. Who needs em?