Class of 2019 - OLB Mikel Jones (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OLB Mikel Jones (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

See it would affect me if my future coach didn’t promise to be there. As much as people say committ to the team and school not coach I kinda think that’s crazy. A good coach can get his kids to do things for him a coach that isn’t loved can’t. So that’s my theory. Take it for what’s its worth which ain’t much.

Again, you keep missing the point, maybe intentionally at this point.

Almost every coach/recruit in the U.S. has this question. Every coach is going to promise to be there and some leave a week later, some don't. This has (had) nothing to do with SU or Babers, every coach has the potential to leave or be poached.

Very cool to see the inner workings of IMG and what sets them apart from other high school football programs. Mikel Jones appears at the 10:20 mark to show off the dorms.

do kids get scholarships to go there? those facilities have to be better than a lot of colleges (including cuse).

Very cool to see the inner workings of IMG and what sets them apart from other high school football programs. Mikel Jones appears at the 10:20 mark to show off the dorms.
Its a freaking Holiday 5* Resort

Those HIGH SCHOOL facilities look better than most college facilities!

How does IMG make money on this? This campus must cost them a fortune to build and run. No way these athletes are paying whatever full fare is to keep it all afloat. And how many rich deluded kids can they attract with the promise of a college scholarship that they don't need? Oh yeah that's right, the D-1 athletes are supposed to become IMG clients down the line! I have a really hard time understanding how this is all okay with the NCAA.

How does IMG make money on this? This campus must cost them a fortune to build and run. No way these athletes are paying whatever full fare is to keep it all afloat. And how many rich deluded kids can they attract with the promise of a college scholarship that they don't need? Oh yeah that's right, the D-1 athletes are supposed to become IMG clients down the line! I have a really hard time understanding how this is all okay with the NCAA.

IMG Academy is providing that service for the price of $72,500 a year (tuition, room and board). Financial aid is available to qualifying families, of course.

They now have TWO football teams, a national one and a Florida one. That is how they are paying for it.

Also from a quick scan of articles the state of Florida has handed out some nice funding to the school as well, I found one for 7 million and another from 2 million. Those where both pre 2015 so who knows how much more they might have received.

The NCAA is okay with it because it's listed as a boarding school, so it's still a "high school" and the kids still have to meet all the standards anyone else does.

IMG Academy is providing that service for the price of $72,500 a year (tuition, room and board). Financial aid is available to qualifying families, of course.

They now have TWO football teams, a national one and a Florida one. That is how they are paying for it.

Also from a quick scan of articles the state of Florida has handed out some nice funding to the school as well, I found one for 7 million and another from 2 million. Those where both pre 2015 so who knows how much more they might have received.

The NCAA is okay with it because it's listed as a boarding school, so it's still a "high school" and the kids still have to meet all the standards anyone else does.

What was the state money for? Seed money to build? I'm sure the parents of IMG attendees get state tuition vouchers too, which helps with costs but $72.5K is more than the cost of practically any college out there. And as you point out, the top athletes probably aren't paying a dime. I'm not sure it matters much to balancing their bottom line that they have two football teams, one of them playing a national schedule. I can't imagine they have a tv contract. The national schedule is an added expense. They probably have equipment sponsorships (e.g. big UA logo in the video). UA might be footing some of the bill with the same hope that IMG likely has: that they can convert some of these kids into clients down the line to sell their products. I really can't see how this could be making IMG any money. The only rationale I can think of is producing future clients.

The only rationale I can think of is producing future clients.
1549133572972.jpeg