Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Have been in the hospital for 55 days had double major surgery, two emergency surgeries given last rites 2 weeks ago and this is the stuff that raises the spirits. Coach Shafer took time from his busy schedule to visit me for two hours one day to learn why I'm such a passionate Syracuse fan. He sent another coach and our QB Terrel Hunt up. They stayed for over an hour and a half. At the Spring game, which I couldn't attend Coach Shafer told my grandkids what a great guy I was and that I've inspired him to do an even better job.

I played golf with Coach Lea last year and said Coach Shafer is the best coach he's ever worked for because he gave him time to be a good father and husband. You won't find anyone in Syracuse who has a bad word to say about Scott Shafer. He's a great father, husband and coach. He put a staff together and in it's first season got to a good bowl and beat a good opponent in Minnestota.

Mr & Mrs Cullen your soon will be in great hands with Coach Shafer and his staff. There is something about Syracuse which turns out fine young men who have a chance to make it to the NFL. Just this year Jason Bromley a kid no one else had offered was drafted in the third round. One more thing, you won't find better B' Bque anywhere in the US as good as the Dino, they were voted #1 last year by Good Morning America.

Here's the link
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/05/dinosaur_voted_americas_best_b.html

Keeping fingers crossed for the good news.

Good luck
Dan

Have been in the hospital for 55 days had double major surgery, two emergency surgeries given last rites 2 weeks ago and this is the stuff that raises the spirits. Coach Shafer took time from his busy schedule to visit me for two hours one day to learn why I'm such a passionate Syracuse fan. He sent another coach and our QB Terrel Hunt up. They stayed for over an hour and a half. At the Spring game, which I couldn't attend Coach Shafer told my grandkids what a great guy I was and that I've inspired him to do an even better job.

I played golf with Coach Lea last year and said Coach Shafer is the best coach he's ever worked for because he gave him time to be a good father and husband. You won't find anyone in Syracuse who has a bad word to say about Scott Shafer. He's a great father, husband and coach. He put a staff together and in it's first season got to a good bowl and beat a good opponent in Minnestota.

Mr & Mrs Cullen your soon will be in great hands with Coach Shafer and his staff. There is something about Syracuse which turns out fine young men who have a chance to make it to the NFL. Just this year Jason Bromley a kid no one else had offered was drafted in the third round. One more thing, you won't find better B' Bque anywhere in the US as good as the Dino, they were voted #1 last year by Good Morning America.

Here's the link
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/05/dinosaur_voted_americas_best_b.html

Good luck
Dan

Every where I look I hear great stories like this about the coach staff and school. One of the main reasons my wife got on board today. I'm not going to lie she was hoping he would pick bc. It's close and she liked that. Today when we were talking I mentioned if shy went to syracuse we could go to the games close to here... She responded it wasn't that far we will go to all the syracuse home games as well find out about season tickets. Shy is excited they have his major he wants and loves that his mom is on board. As for the Dino I will be looking forward to a visit there in the 21 st of June we will add it to the plan. I will say I own probably the only smoker in this city we live in so they will have to be good to get a passing grade here . Sorry to hear of your health issues and hope things are better. Get better soon wouldn't want you to miss him come play there.

Every where I look I hear great stories like this about the coach staff and school. One of the main reasons my wife got on board today. I'm not going to lie she was hoping he would pick bc. It's close and she liked that. Today when we were talking I mentioned if shy went to syracuse we could go to the games close to here... She responded it wasn't that far we will go to all the syracuse home games as well find out about season tickets. Shy is excited they have his major he wants and loves that his mom is on board. As for the Dino I will be looking forward to a visit there in the 21 st of June we will add it to the plan. I will say I own probably the only smoker in this city we live in so they will have to be good to get a passing grade here . Sorry to hear of your health issues and hope things are better. Get better soon wouldn't want you to miss him come play there.

Don't worry they'll wheel him in on a stretcher :) We take SU football pretty seriously on this board. I'm glad that the whole family is on board, my kids are so young but I dread the day they head off to college I can see a time in the future when the household is split on who goes where.

These are the things as well as my family friends and extended family at Syracuse University that help me keep fighting.

There aren't too many people here that can say they saw Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Floyd Little play in person.

Long discussion this morning with wife. Lot of reading articles about coach staff school etc. Mom is on board for Syracuse ... Asking about season tickets lol. Camp and visit go well for shy we should be all set!!!!
If there was a love button to click instead of like I would click that!!

To piggy back of off where I believe OE is going here...

SU is one of the top 10 football factories per NFLN.

Fun Fact: Syracuse has more NFL HOF'ers than Texas, Oklahoma and Florida State combined.

Here is the NFLN list in casse you guys didn't know...

10. Tennesee
9. MAC Conference
8. Syracuse
7. Penn State
6. Alabama
5. Michigan
4. Ohio State
3. Notre Dame
2. Miami
1. Southern Cal

I expect the pro HOF and college HOF numbers to increase ... for pro Harrison, Coughlin and McNabb and Freeney are maybes. And obviously at least 3 of those 4 for college.

I think Marvin's going to be waiting a while, there is a lengthy backup of HOF WR talent waiting right now. I doubt he jumps any of them.

McNabb won't get in because he is considered a choker who couldn't win the big one. He doesn't have the stats like Marino to warrant early entry without a ring. His best chance will be in a seriously down year, or once he enters "senior" eligibility a long, long time from now.

I would say Freeney is 50-50, his shot depends entirely on how much the media likes him. Since they vote, if they love him, his chances go up, if they hate him, his chances go down quite a bit.

Coughlin will get in eventually, can't imagine there are any 2 time SB winning coaches who aren't in the HOF. It just depends on how many more years he coaches, and then probably 5 years after that. I would expect he isn't considered a first ballot guy since both of his (and Eli's) runs came out of freakin nowhere and they were never considered a dominant team in their tenure.

As for the college HOF, probably 3 of them get in there eventually. Just remember how long it took Art Monk to make the college HOF...

I didn't realize that. I didn't go to college and I followed very little college football aside from back in the eighties miami and being from mass the bc flutie years. It has only been since my sons Shy and Ryan have been looking forward to playing in college that I have been getting into it. I have always thought of syracuse as that big college basketball school. I never realized the football prowes.

The Legend of 44:

Jim Brown-Greatest football player of all time.

Ernie Davis-First African-American Heisman Trophy winner.

Floyd Little-College & Pro Football Hall of Famer.

If Shy goes to Syracuse, he can interact with Floyd on a daily basis, as Floyd became a special assistant to our Athletic Director a few years ago:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/ncf/columns/story?id=6596721

Moms back from shopping again
image.jpg
Y

Here's the link

Good luck
Dan

Dan - if I could somehow give this post 100 likes, I would in a heartbeat. Well said my friend. I hope all is well and on the up and up.

In Shafer we trust.

Here's the link

Good luck
Dan

Dan,
I know the board announced you were ill but I had no idea the extent, keep fighting, we're all pulling for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers since I heard you were ill and you will continue to be. Thank you for sharing all that Syracuse Football has brought to you in your illness and health. If every recruit knew the type of people that ran this team and cheered for this team every player in the country would be knocking on the carrier dome doors. I hope you get well soon and stay hardnosed.

The Legend of 44:

Jim Brown-Greatest football player of all time.

Ernie Davis-First African-American Heisman Trophy winner.

Floyd Little-College & Pro Football Hall of Famer.

If Shy goes to Syracuse, he can interact with Floyd on a daily basis, as Floyd became a special assistant to our Athletic Director a few years ago:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/ncf/columns/story?id=6596721

Heck if Coughlin gets into the HOF then SU will have had a backfield with 3 NFL Hall of Famers in it ... Coughlin, Czonka and Little at the same time! Dwight Freeney held a then NCAA record with 18.5 sacks as a senior including 4.5 of Mike Vick in the Dome ... Tim Green graduated with an incredible 45.5 sacks as a senior. They only named an award after John Mackey another SU alum and lets not forget Jim Ringo, Art Monk or a guy like Vic Hanson the only athlete in the Naismith and College Football Halls of Fame. Its an amazing tradition ... hell I could do this all day baby!