Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

Oh I don't think he is ... I phrased it wrong ...

Absolutes:
Coughlin and Harrison

Maybes:
Freeney and McNabb ...

Bad phrasing on my part.

Keep up the good work

Hall or no hall those are some big time players on the list.

That doesn't include Keith Bulluck former Titan Pro Bowler, Donovan Darius former Jacksonville safety, Tebucky Jones of the Saints and Patriots who was also a pro bowler. Art Jones was just recently paid very well as a FA by the Colts and would have been selected higher in the draft had he not been injured his senior season.

Its actually very surprising that a small private school in central NY has contributed so much to the NFL ... and of course had a decent run of NBA players in Melo, Waiters and MCW with other lotto selections like Wes Johnson and Johnny Flynn ... LAX is a whole other ballgame ... and if Shy does go to SU he needs to go watch a few of those games in the Dome ... I saw some legendary LAX games there including the Casey Powell show against UVa in OT in the Dome .. that was amazing!

wfschrec said:
That doesn't include Keith Bulluck former Titan Pro Bowler, Donovan Darius former Jacksonville safety, Tebucky Jones of the Saints and Patriots who was also a pro bowler. Art Jones was just recently paid very well as a FA by the Colts and would have been selected higher in the draft had he not been injured his senior season.

Its actually very surprising that a small private school in central NY has contributed so much to the NFL ... and of course had a decent run of NBA players in Melo, Waiters and MCW with other lotto selections like Wes Johnson and Johnny Flynn ... LAX is a whole other ballgame ... and if Shy does go to SU he needs to go watch a few of those games in the Dome ... I saw some legendary LAX games there including the Casey Powell show against UVa in OT in the Dome .. that was amazing!

Nor Gary Anderson.

Nor Gary Anderson.

Man how could I forget him! Hell Wolfley wasn't bad either ... had a decent career with the Cardinals. Morlon Greenwood with the Dolphins ... Will Allen was there too ... Marcus Paul with the Bears and Kevin Abrams in Detroit ... Kevin Johnson with the Browns. It really doesn't sink in until you start doing a roll call like this. Todd Philcox had a nice career as a backup QB too ... and Rob Burnett was very underrated in Cleveland/Baltimore and Jameel McClain has done quite well there too. Kevin Mitchell stuck in the league for a bit and at one point Roland Williams was bouncing around the league too. Olinda Mare had a nice career in Miami another kicker I forget about quite often .. along with Pat O'Neill with the Patriots ... so much history.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a linebacker commit soon. Its been a few days since our last commit.
It is getting painful to hold him off. June 21 st can't come soon enough for him. Yesterday 6 colleges showed up to meet with his high school coach and spent sometime talking with shy and fellow linebacker nick coury. Shy spent almost the whole time speaking with a syracuse coach and didn't talk to half of them that where there. They left their number with the coach and said if shy needs anything have him call. The syracuse coach was yelling to shy as he walked away ... Don't talk to them your ours ... Lol

It is getting painful to hold him off. June 21 st can't come soon enough for him. Yesterday 6 colleges showed up to meet with his high school coach and spent sometime talking with shy and fellow linebacker nick coury. Shy spent almost the whole time speaking with a syracuse coach and didn't talk to half of them that where there. They left their number with the coach and said if shy needs anything have him call. The syracuse coach was yelling to shy as he walked away ... Don't talk to them your ours ... Lol

Which coach was it? Also interesting to see these guys out there running across the country.

Also loving the confidence our staff has in Shy as well.

This thread? It makes me happy.

Thread, will you marry me?
upload_2014-5-20_9-2-56.jpeg

Did you inform him that he's got a built in Cuse fanbase before he even sets foot on campus?

None of the other schools have made an offer. When I asked him yesterday what the other schools had said to him he said they all say the same thing. Have a good fourth quarter report card show us you can get your GPA up and we will offer you as soon as we see you can do it. I don't blame schools for not risking an offer on shy. At this point he is very grateful to syracuse for taking chance on him when others are waiting. He is killing it this quarter after his iep was put in place at the end of third quarter so we expect offers to come at the end of June.