Class of 2023 - OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup...this level of talent is what CUSE needs to have stay in the region/state.
Can't let to go to Pitt/FSU/PSU etc.

Yup...this level of talent is what CUSE needs to have stay in the region/state.
Can't let to go to Pitt/FSU/PSU etc.
Jr. season stats and HT/WT: 104 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 25 TFL. HT 6' 2" 235 - 245LBS 40 time NA

Just here in March and already coming back up - there seems to be a different energy around recruiting this year
Agree.

Like what we are doing in Florida, Georgia, South and North Carolina. Think we will do better in Virginia and Maryland with some additions on the staff now.

If we can get 1 or 2 of the best players from NYC and 1 or 2 other top players from NYS, add a couple from PA and start getting 3 or 4 of the best from NJ, our classes will be good enough to consistently finish in the top half of the conference. Encouraged by the vast increase in focus on NJ.

Getting ZMG early would really help build momentum.

Agree.

Like what we are doing in Florida, Georgia, South and North Carolina. Think we will do better in Virginia and Maryland with some additions on the staff now.

If we can get 1 or 2 of the best players from NYC and 1 or 2 other top players from NYS, add a couple from PA and start getting 3 or 4 of the best from NJ, our classes will be good enough to consistently finish in the top half of the conference. Encouraged by the vast increase in focus on NJ.

Getting ZMG early would really help build momentum.
This kid is the real deal and would be a big shot in the arm to get a early commit.. He looked pretty good at RB also, but and could use him for short yardage only, at 6'2" and 240lbs,

247 says 6'2 240?

Number 1 player in NY in 2023, 49th best linebacker national

Rivals says 6'0 247 and they predict WVU
Rivals Schmivals. He's 6' 2"240 everywhere and could play linebacker for us now. It's important we get him. Hope Coach Monroe is making daily calls to him.

Nice! He is as solid as Popeye's forearms.

Tony White has to be 6' 4" 260.

Both Tony and Nick, please use all your magnetic aura's to get Zyian to SU.

Last edited:
Don't know whether this was an official? If not, get mom up here on an official. It's only a 4 hour drive from New Rochelle to SU.
I don't think this visit was an OV, although Juniors are eligible to start taking their OVs now.
  • April 1 of junior year through the Sunday before the last Wednesday in June after junior year. A college may pay for a prospective student-athlete and two family members to visit campus. After this date, a college may offer an expense-paid visit after Sept. 1 of senior year

Junior year highlights added to Hudl a couple of weeks ago:

I can't believe this kid isn't a 4*. I have checked out other linebackers which are 4* and they have nothing on ZMG. He doesn't need those stars really, but I can tell you when he hits an opposing player, they see more than 4*s. lol It will be great if we can lock this young man up soon.

Last edited:
I don't think this visit was an OV, although Juniors are eligible to start taking their OVs now.
  • April 1 of junior year through the Sunday before the last Wednesday in June after junior year. A college may pay for a prospective student-athlete and two family members to visit campus. After this date, a college may offer an expense-paid visit after Sept. 1 of senior year
I don't get this but the NCAA must have a logical reason for the after Sept.1 of senior year

Legacy, Sept. 1 of his senior year?

Possible reasons why this rule exists:

I am not thinking logically

He’s never taken an official visit

This rule is in force because the recruit can’t make up his mind?

He’s been recruited for a long time but and dad wants him to go to his school but the recruit wants to attend and play ball for another?

It has been proven by the NCAA that football trips make the most sense after Sept. 1 of your senior year

He’s not that great but a school wants him and they think a trip will convince him

Ahhhhh...he gets to see the school play ball on his visit and then signs.

Last edited:
LOL. Calm down Bill. Juniors can take OVs from April 1st to the last Wednesday in June. Why? because after that date college coaching staffs normally get vacation time until Fall Camp starts up, usually the first week of August. Then starting the first week of September Seniors, those kids that were Juniors in April, can start taking OVs again. This doesn't preclude prospects from taking visits to campus at other times that aren't Dead Periods it just means schools don't pay for a three day visit for the prospect and parents on unofficial visits.

LOL. Calm down Bill. Juniors can take OVs from April 1st to the last Wednesday in June. Why? because after that date college coaching staffs normally get vacation time until Fall Camp starts up, usually the first week of August. Then starting the first week of September Seniors, those kids that were Juniors in April, can start taking OVs again. This doesn't preclude prospects from taking visits to campus at other times that aren't Dead Periods it just means schools don't pay for a three day visit for the prospect and parents on unofficial visits.
Any news on this kid

# ZYIAN MOULTRIE - GODDARD 2023 IONA PREP, NEW ROCHELLE, NY
6' 2" 245, // AS JR. 104 TCKLS, 25 TFL, 4.5 SCKS, 302 YDS R, 7.4 YPC, 9TD
BP 335 PR, SQ 475 PR///// NYCHSFL DEFENSIVE POY 2022

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM & MEDIA:
TREMENDOUSLY GIFTED ATHLETE/FOOTBALL PLAYER
SIZE
SPEED EST 4.5 HIGH 40
VERY FAST FIRST STEP
HITS VERY, VERY HARD
VERY STRONG
THROWS RBS & QBS TO THE GROUND IN THE BACKFIELD
THEY USE HIM AS A BACK OCCASIONALLY, SEE ABOVE
VERY AGILE & BALANCED
DESTROYS PLAYS BEFORE THE HANDOFF IS MADE.

WILL BE A GREAT LB FOR WHOEVER HE COMMITS TO AND BY NEXT YEAR WILL HAVE, IMHO, AN OFFER LIST DOUBLE OR MORE THAN IT IS NOW UNLESS HE COMMITS TO US IN JUNE.

HOPE HE COMMITS TO US!

MUST BE SMART LOOKING AT HIS OFFERS

ZYIAN IS # 4 ON TOMCATS LIST OF THE TOP PROSPECTS IN NYS AND HAS SCHEDULED AN OFFICIAL VISIT FOR JUNE 17. I THINK HE"S GOING TO COMMIT AFTER THE VISIT

OFFERS: SU, AIR FORCE, ARMY, NAVY, TEMPLE, DARTMOUTH, UMASS, BUFFALO, TOWSON, COLUMBIA, URI, WVA, AZST, WF, UCONN, TN, LAFAYETTE, RU, MIAMI OH,

"It was good, really enjoyed it," Moultrie-Goddard said after his Junior Day visit. "Great atmosphere up there. We had a position meeting, I had a talk with coach Babers and we watched the basketball game. I really liked the position meeting. I got a chance to talk football with coach White and see how I would fit into the scheme.

"I would play where Marlowe Wax currently is. He sees a lot of similarities in our game. I like it. It's similar to what I play now."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.