Class of 2023 - OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OLB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/22/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will happily take another Marlowe Wax.

Devastate QB’s

0A3A21AB-D295-4659-A06F-0C98773A4B4F.jpeg

# ZYIAN MOULTRIE - GODDARD 2023 IONA PREP, NEW ROCHELLE, NY
6' 2" 245, // AS JR. 104 TCKLS, 25 TFL, 4.5 SCKS, 302 YDS R, 7.4 YPC, 9TD
BP 335 PR, SQ 475 PR///// NYCHSFL DEFENSIVE POY 2022

If we can keep recruiting and signing linebackers of his size and playing ability we will be in great shape.

Hopefully Zyian's Official goes well and he signs with us.

Like Rackman18, I have not seen a linebacker to compare with Goddard. He is a special player and would extend our new era of recruiting NY and every December Signing Day bring in NYS best to SU.

Last edited:
He says the staff sees him as the new Marlowe Wax, so I think if he comes here, he is probably going to be an OLB.
OPINION, COMPARISON & POSSIBILITY & CART BEFORE THE HORSE - BUT WHAT THE HELL

RASHARD PERRY, BENNETT HS, BUFFALO, NY 2024
6’ 3” 243, DL 480, BP 260, SQ 400/ 123 TACKLES, 24 SACKS 25 TACKLES FOR LOSS '22 NYS LEADER IN SACKS

Mr. Perry is already committed. Since we are talking about positions here, and this depends on how and where the coaches think they should play, that IF he commits, Zyian would make a second possible LB this cycle.

Those two playing together, and I have watched both players films many times, have comparable playing abilities and strengths. Both hit very hard both are excellent athletes, their physical size is almost the same.

GODDARD is #4 on tomcats Best NYS Prospect of 2023, PERRY is #6. Clement is committed at #9. That’s 3 of the top ten if Goddard pulls the trigger which would be great on the field and for recruiting NYS in the future. Three of the top ten to SU.

In addition, IMO Perry, #72 who plays DT at Bennet should play at LB and not have to gain 40 + LBS and change positions to play at a DT at the D-1 level. He would work best alongside Goddard at LB. I digress.

I already have ZMG playing at SU which is a question mark. A possibilty though, two great players who may be taking the place of Jones and Wax if both depart for the NFL

Last edited:
OPINION, COMPARISON & POSSIBILITY & CART BEFORE THE HORSE - BUT WHAT THE HELL

RASHARD PERRY, BENNETT HS, BUFFALO, NY 2024
6’ 3” 243, DL 480, BP 260, SQ 400/ 123 TACKLES, 24 SACKS 25 TACKLES FOR LOSS '22 NYS LEADER IN SACKS

Mr. Perry is already committed. Since we are talking about positions here, and this depends on how and where the coaches think they should play, that IF he commits, Zyian would make a second possible LB this cycle.

Those two playing together, and I have watched both players films many times, have comparable playing abilities and strengths. Both hit very hard both are excellent athletes, their physical size is almost the same.

GODDARD is #4 on tomcats Best NYS Prospect of 2023, PERRY is #6. Clement is committed at #9. That’s 3 of the top ten if Goddard pulls the trigger which would be great on the field and for recruiting NYS in the future. Three of the top ten to SU.

In addition, IMO Perry, #72 who plays DT at Bennet should play at LB and not have to gain 40 + LBS and change positions to play at a DT at the D-1 level. He would work best alongside Goddard at LB. I digress.

I already have ZMG playing at SU which is a question mark. A possibilty though, two great players who may be taking the place of Jones and Wax if both depart for the NFL
I agree with ya BillSU. They would replace those two great linebackers as I too believe ZMG will commit to SU and very shortly after his OV . (maybe on his way home, lol) I hope. If they both played linebacker they would be a couple of the bigger ones with have had in a while. They are definitely more the idea size for ACC and NFL backers.

I agree with ya BillSU. They would replace those two great linebackers as I too believe ZMG will commit to SU and very shortly after his OV . (maybe on his way home, lol) I hope. If they both played linebacker they would be a couple of the bigger ones with have had in a while. They are definitely more the idea size for ACC and NFL backers.
YES! THEY ARE BOTH THE AVERAGE SIZE OF AN NFL LINEBACKER, 6'2" 245 AS SENIORS IN HS. IF THEY COULD BOTH RUN A 4.4 40 EVEN BETTER. Time to take this thing off caps lock.

The fastest LB in the NFL used to be Bobby Wagner who played for the Seahawks now the Rams:
some of his stats which are elite level and puts him at the top of NFL linebackers. He's now 32 and maybe has lost a step but the numbers below are amazing:

His 39.5-inch vertical and 11-foot broad jump were both in the “elite” category, as were his 4.46 40-yard dash, 20-yard split (2.64) and 10-yard split (1.57). That shows his long speed and short-area quickness, which are both essential when playing the linebacker position.

Just signed a 5 year $50M contract with LA in April. Hall of fame LB

Last edited:
I don't think ZMG ends up as a LB. I'm just not sure he is fast enough as far as straight line top end speed to go sideline to sideline I love him on the DL though and I see him playing there. In our 3 man front he'd be a great strongside guy or could play inside some if he gains enough weight. Certainly has the build to carry weight effectively.

With the Syracuse official visit in his rearview mirror, Moultrie-Goddard is in decision making mode.

"I'm still trying to decide between them and West Virginia right now," Moultrie-Goddard said. "It definitely gave me a different perspective on the school. I'm going to be committing on Wednesday."

In addition to Syracuse and West Virginia, Moultrie-Goddard also holds offers from Arizona State, Rutgers and several non-power five schools.

Idk man. Pessimistic me for sure, but that sounds like it is still WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.