Old Time Big East | Syracusefan.com

Old Time Big East

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
St Johns and Georgetown down to the wire.

3 point game, under 4:00 left

on CBS.

I hate to say this...

But wouldn't a Hoya win look better on our resume? :oops:

giphy.gif

Nope dont care go Johns

This has been very very fun to watch. Shamarie Ponds is fantastic.

This is better than 90% of the games I see in the ACC. Georgetown's point guard is awful, though.

This is better than 90% of the games I see in the ACC. Georgetown's point guard is awful, though.

More entertaining, maybe. But better?

Very similar to playground basketball showcasing some really good individual skills and quickness. But it was just like what I have seen in games on the blacktop courts in DC.

And when the game gets into playground mode, few teams can do it like ST Johns.

Ewing and Mullen are good coaches. It’s been awhile since these teams played competitive, attractive basketball like this

Huh? Talk about just rolling the ball out there.

@NYPost_Brazille 11m11 minutes ago
More

St. John's AD Mike Cragg confirms he's in negotations with MSG to play all Big East home games there next year. Plan is also to have two significant non-conferences games at Garden as well. #sjubb

Wonder if Shamorie Ponds will be back next year? In the old Big East I think they played most of their biggest games in MSG. It seems they haven’t played there that much the past few years especially since it was renovated in 2013. Smart trying to lock it up especially if their teams stay competitive in their conference.

Wonder if Shamorie Ponds will be back next year? In the old Big East I think they played most of their biggest games in MSG. It seems they haven’t played there that much the past few years especially since it was renovated in 2013. Smart trying to lock it up especially if their teams stay competitive in their conference.

It's smart if they remain competitive for sure. But if they don't I personally prefer the on-campus arena environment rather than the half empty pro arenas, even if it was easier for our fans to get tickets to the larger arenas back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom