Ole Miss Game Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Ole Miss Game Thread

Cmon. It ain't about you.

Yup. It's about a pitiful defensive performance and losing to a 5th place SEC team. You're crazy if you say today hasn't been a giant disappointment.

Tough year. As already said, not a good defensive team and that's normally our identity.
Nevertheless, I'm still proud of them and some very exciting games and finishes in ACC play. Disappointed, but we will be back with a vengeance.

Yup. It's about a pitiful defensive performance and losing to a 5th place SEC team. You're crazy if you say today hasn't been a giant disappointment.

Big disappointment but I'm not happy that they lost and that the season is over.

Tough year. As already said, not a good defensive team and that's normally our identity.
Nevertheless, I'm still proud of them and some very exciting games and finishes in ACC play. Disappointed, but we will be back with a vengeance.

Wish I had your optimism. Could lose 3 of our 4 best players.

LOL.

Didn't even watch the game and come in calling the guy a "bum". Nice.

Alright man. '86 Michael Jordan could've made a lame defensive effort like that and I'd call him a bum for it too. Give it a rest.

I'm all in for a major change in hoops culture. JB's style is old and recruiting is not up to par with the big boys. 13, 14 and now 15 losses in the last three years is putting Cuse in a bad position moving forward.

I'm all in for a major change in hoops culture. JB's style is old and recruiting is not up to par with the big boys. 13, 14 and now 15 losses in the last three years is putting Cuse in the bad position moving forward.

Might have something to do with being on probation.

Alright man. '86 Michael Jordan could've made a lame defensive effort like that and I'd call him a bum for it too. Give it a rest.

At least watch the game.

Terrible way to end a terrible season. As happened so often during the season, our 3-point defense did the team in. Definitely a team effort in the loss. Lydon had a double-double and on a scale of 1-10 was about a 3. Gave up a 3 to his man near the end. Believe it or not, missed FTs really hurt in the 2nd half. Thompson. Lydon. Battle. Gillon. Oh well. Season over. The solace is even if we made the NCCT we would have been gone quickly the way the team played in both NIT games.

disappointing to say the least. really thought we would pull that one out.

the lack of pride in this team is sad. Should never lose to this team. So glad this season is over, while there were a couple bright spots, it was overall brutal.

Let's see who actually ends up being on the roster first.

Bring everybody back and we don't replace White and Gillon. Gillon isn't amazing but he's still a better point guard than we have on next years roster and White is one of the best pure scorers this program has ever seen.

We missed our last 4 free throws in the last few minutes. Battle, TT, Gillon, Lydon. If we make them we probably survive. We didn't guard the arc the whole game...in fact the entire season. Today we consistently went under screens allowing their guards to have uncontested shots. Pitiful. No adjustment all game. End of a totally annoying, very disappointing season. NIT gave us all home games and we couldn't even take advantage of that. Well at least the pain is now over. Strangest SU team in last 40 years.

Bring everybody back and we don't replace White and Gillon. Gillon isn't amazing but he's still a better point guard than we have on next years roster and White is one of the best pure scorers this program has ever seen.

We're not done recruiting though.

It's really not worth talking about next year for a few months because there's just so many unknowns at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom