on howard | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

on howard

I rather not go for too long with only two players who can score. It is what it is, at least at this point in the season.

But this loss was squarely the result of inexplicably poor rebounding at both ends against an undermanned team.

Not that I was ever a fan, but I'm done with PC. He's way too freakin' weak to be effective. And Sid is about the size of PC's thigh. Give me a beefy center who can rebound and score all day everyday.

I rather not go for too long with only two players who can score. It is what it is, at least at this point in the season.

But this loss was squarely the result of inexplicably poor rebounding at both ends against an undermanned team.

It's not inexplicable. These guys are dead or injured. It's easily explainable. They are not robots.

We'll have to disagree across the board.

Oshae is more talented than Battle from an NBA bball standpoint and Battle is getting drafted.

He is, but he’s not ready. He’d be getting freshman Kris Joseph or Jerami Grant minutes on a normal Cuse team.

I think Battle gets drafted, you said first round. He’s good. He’s really our only player that I would say is a good college basketball player at this point. Brissett is talented and will be good. Howard is decent. That’s it.

Moyer, Marek, and Sidibe have potential to be good as upperclassmen. They also wouldn’t get freshman minutes on typical SU teams.

He didn't hustle. He sauntered back. Ive watched it a bunch of times. Jogging isn't hustling.
Other than Louie Mac this dudes my least favorite player ever.

Oshae has about as much shot in the NBA as Oshea's big adventure dude. He is one of the weakest finishers from the forward position we've ever had here. He misses 5 foot bunnies by ten feet. The backboards are in need of repair from his grenades

lol. Ok.

I'm not blaming the players.

Our offense is simple to defend, to put it mildly.

JB is running Battle, Frank and Oshae into the ground. I'll be shocked if one of them doesn't end up with an injury soon.

We get it, wash, rinse, repeat. How many times and versions do you have to spew saying our guys are too tired, being run into the ground, etc., etc.? We lost this game on the glass, period! The tempo of this game was so slow, it would make my tapped Maple Trees appear to run fast. You mentioned the same thing in the Wake Forest thread about our guys being too spent, etc., even though JB says it's not a problem in the college game, with all the timeouts, etc. That game too was not a fast paced affair...

We get it, wash, rinse, repeat. How many times and versions to have to say our guys are too tired, being run into the ground, etc., etc.? We lost this game on the glass, period! The tempo of this game was so slow, it would make my tapped Maple Trees appear fast. You mentioned the same thing in the Wake Forest thread about our guys being too spent, etc., even though JB says it's not a problem in the college game, with all the timeouts, etc. That game too was not a fast paced affair...

Because people don't look at the big picture.

They are dead. No legs for shots, boards, hustling. And people wonder why they give up boards like it happened magically.

It doesn't matter the pace in the big picture. It matters over the course of the season. It wears these guys down.

We get it, wash, rinse, repeat. How many times and versions to have to say our guys are too tired, being run into the ground, etc., etc.? We lost this game on the glass, period! The tempo of this game was so slow, it would make my tapped Maple Trees appear fast. You mentioned the same thing in the Wake Forest thread about our guys being too spent, etc., even though JB says it's not a problem in the college game, with all the timeouts, etc. That game too was not a fast paced affair...
It's clearly a problem. If fatigue wasn't an issue in CBB dont you think guys like Bagley, Ayton etc would be playing 40 minutes per? They're not...because it's idiotic and desperate. JB is just spinning it because he, and the staff, did an awful job making personnel decisions in the recruiting efforts and it's caught up to us this year and last and he has nowhere to turn to on the bench.

At least it seems we're back to a normal Cuse team next year.

I mean, I don't know. Our guys have really lacked energy the past two games. Is it a wall they've hit? I'm not sure what it is but the team really looks spent. If they're not, why are they so lifeless. I'm not trying to make Mike's argument, I'm just mystified by the lack of effort and the lack of urgency. I don't think this team understands the effort you have to bring to have a winning ACC year.

And the point guard who we say is our leader didn't exactly show that in the fatal sequence.

They are dead. No legs for shots, boards, hustling. And people wonder why they give up boards like it happened magically.

It doesn't matter the pace in the big picture. It matters over the course of the season. It wears these guys down.

It's the beginning of conference play, the guys just came off Christmas break, etc. Saying they are too tired now to finish these games is not why we are losing...

It's clearly a problem. If fatigue wasn't an issue in CBB dont you think guys like Bagley, Ayton etc would be playing 40 minutes per? They're not...because it's idiotic and desperate. JB is just spinning it because he, and the staff, did an awful job making personnel decisions in the recruiting efforts and it's caught up to us this year and last and he has nowhere to turn to on the bench.

At least it seems we're back to a normal Cuse team next year.

Thank you.

I implore anyone who thinks this is normal to look at the MPG rankings.

And for a better picture, sort by P5 teams.

This isn't even close to being the norm.

They both did the same thing. They both are equally to blame.
Exactly.
And yet here we are with another moronic “it’s all Frank’s fault” thread.
Look, these last 2 losses were bad, no doubt about it. But after the last game i jokingly posted that the Wake loss was FH’s fault, just to make a point, even though he was the best player that nite. Win or lose it seems some people look first to blame Howard before seeing anything else. It’s bizarre.

It's the beginning of conference play, the guys just came off Christmas break, etc. Saying they are too tired now to finish these games is not why we are losing...

Then why don't any other P5 teams have similar MPG stats for their key players?

Literally it's only us.

But maybe our guys can just defy science.

Just because he chooses to do something doesn't make it right.

He's not above criticism and he's been wrong plenty of times.

There is no reason two of the three can't play at the same time with spot backfill from our guys.
We scored 49 points with our only 3 scorers on the court virtually the whole game. How many do you think we would have scored if we went stretches without them?

OB's offensive game is a work in progress. But he did have 11 rebs and was our only player getting any.

I think he had 10 in the first half. He didn't do anything in the second half.

Not that I was ever a fan, but I'm done with PC. He's way too freakin' weak to be effective. And Sid is about the size of PC's thigh. Give me a beefy center who can rebound and score all day everyday.
Chukwu and Dolezaj could both fit through a mail slot. They were absolutely manhandled today, especially Dolezaj on the offensive end when he had scoring opportunities inside. Moyer might have helped today if he hadn't played his way into JB's doghouse early. Sidibe was actually a revelation with a couple of nice finishes, especially since he was supposedly permanently hobbled and should have been taking a medical redshirt.

I mean, I don't know. Our guys have really lacked energy the past two games. Is it a wall they've hit? I'm not sure what it is but the team really looks spent. If they're not, why are they so lifeless. I'm not trying to make Mike's argument, I'm just mystified by the lack of effort and the lack of urgency. I don't think this team understands the effort you have to bring to have a winning ACC year.

And the point guard who we say is our leader didn't exactly show that in the fatal sequence.

In my view, it's more so because this team has no leadership vs. being tired, etc. FH is all about himself. Towards the end of the game, he made a bad turnover coming out of a time out, and immediately pointed to Sidibe as it was his fault.

Sidibe will get more minutes going forward, if for no other reason than he can actually score around the basket. Had we won, his 2 late buckets would have been a big reason why.

We scored 49 points with our only 3 scorers on the court virtually the whole game. How many do you think we would have scored if we went stretches without them?

It's not just this game. It has to be a strategy that's pulled through every game. Heck, if needed, reduce practice time.

This isn't normal. No other team does this.

If he changed it up this game? Maybe it helps. Maybe it doesn't. If he had been doing it all year? I would give it a better chance.

This photo sums it up. One player running, two jogging.

DS5AAHUV4AA5TnW.jpg:large

In my view, it's more so because this team has no leadership vs. being tired, etc. FH is all about himself. Towards the end of the game, he made a bad turnover coming out of a time out, and immediately pointed to Sibibe as it was his fault.

Maybe. That was a big concern going into it. TB is reserved. FH talks a lot but he doesn't have a great track record of displaying leadership skills and actions. Yeah, I noticed the FH thing. I thought he was saying he was fouled before the turnover but he does tend to point fingers a lot, so maybe you're right.

its the 3rd game of the conference season.

your point might make sense 10 games from now.

If what you are saying is true, by the time the conference season nears its end, our guys are going to be using canes, walkers, and motorized scooters to get up and down the court

Then why don't any other P5 teams have similar MPG stats for their key players?

Literally it's only us.

But maybe our guys can just defy science.

It's has been JB's style for years, he's not changing now. He believes and has said so on many occasion that the college game gets enough breaks with TV timeouts, team to's, etc. that playing 6-7 guys isn't an issue. I, personally, don't agree with that, only that today's result had nothing to do (imo) with tiredness, etc. but with desire and just getting totally abused on the glass. ND on several possessions had multiple opportunities and chances, they looked/gave the effort of a team the wanted the win more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom