ON SPEED | Syracusefan.com

ON SPEED

BillSU

All American
Being responsible for EVALS, Evaluations for all offered players recruited by Fran Brown has opened my eyes to the change in direction for all position players being offered in terms of star rating and speed.

Speed has always been an important aspect of football adding to an athlete’s prowess on the field, most recently familiar names like Sean Tucker who ran a 4.37 in high school and Le Quint Allen a 4.43.

In my reviews of possible incoming athletes there has been a change in how fast Wide Receivers through Offensive Linemen can complete a 40 yard dash.

I have noticed that most, if not all of Browns offers, take into account their speed. This fall, especially after Brown was hired as Head Coach, I noticed that the offers he makes are not only the player’s ability to be excellent at the position but also an increased value of a player in terms of speed.

Football players need speed to make plays on both sides of the ball. And, for every offer I have noticed that the speed of the recruit, (when I can get a 40 time), has for the entire player group coming in decreased, ie., faster times for the forty when compared to other years.

Position wise, speed has a direct correlation to position. Wide receivers and defensive backs are the fastest players on the team and all, if not most of the offered players by Brown are coming in as higher rated players from top high schools. Not only are their skills rated high but also their speed and that is a very good thing.

Last edited:
The next to the last paragraph confused me but the rest sounds great!

giphy.gif

This just in!...Speed is important in Football...We'll have more when further details become available...

Being responsible for EVALS, Evaluations for all offered players recruited by Fran Brown has opened my eyes to the change in direction for all position players being offered in terms of star rating and speed.

Speed has always been an important aspect of football adding to an athlete’s prowess on the field, most recently familiar names like Sean Tucker who ran a 4.37 in high school and Le Quint Allen a 4.43.

In my reviews of possible incoming athletes there has been a change in how fast Wide Receivers through Offensive Linemen can complete a 40 yard dash.

I have noticed that most, if not all of Browns offers, take into account their speed. This fall, especially after Brown was hired as Head Coach, I noticed that the offers he makes are not only the player’s ability to be excellent at the position but also an increased value of a player in terms of speed.

Football players need speed to make plays on both sides of the ball. And, for every offer I have noticed that the speed of the recruit, (when I can get a 40 time), has for the entire player group coming in decreased when compared to other years.

Position wise, speed has a direct correlation to position. Wide receivers and defensive backs are the fastest players on the team and all, if not most of the offered players by Brown are coming in as higher rated players from top high schools. Not only are their skills rated high but also their speed and that is a very good thing.
Good observation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom