On the Battle missed dunk | Syracusefan.com

On the Battle missed dunk

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
How come nobody talked about the fact Gillon had a direct shot at the carom and gave it up?

Looked to me like he got fouled on the rebound, and the bigger Miami player came away with it.

But I qualify that by acknowledging that I was watching on my phone at that point, on a small screen.

Looked to me like he got fouled on the rebound, and the bigger Miami player came away with it.

But I qualify that by acknowledging that I was watching on my phone at that point, on a small screen.
I know you have been high on this kid for a long time so my apologies for being douchey. I've had a couple and it's my shytey birthday.

I know you have been high on this kid for a long time so my apologies for being douchey. I've had a couple and it's my shytey birthday.

No, I wasn't defending him, and you weren't being douchey. I might not have been able to see the play clearly on a phone screen--I acknowledge that. In real time, I thought he went up and got knocked away, but who knows.

Deleted the game off of my DVR, so I didn't bother watching.

Here's to ya cusefan in Vt I'm into the same hooch you in Rutland or burlington

My wife and dog were born in Rutland? My dog doesn't bite as much but when I took my dog to my bedroom with my wife to teach him sex all he learned was to roll over and play dead.

How come nobody talked about the fact Gillon had a direct shot at the carom and gave it up?
seemed like gillon came up short on more than one loose ball today. the thing about loose balls is that part of it is hustle but a lot is luck so i'm not blaming him, just seemed like there were a couple he maybe could have come up with.

btw that sequence - Battle's missed dunk (to tie the game) followed immediately by Miami made dunk - was the what ended up deciding it
from the replay they showed it looked like battle closed his eyes, I think because the thought he was going to get hit in the face. I agree that it was a huge sequence. I thought the part where we went on the run to get ahead 41-40 and then promptly gave up an 8-0 run was actually when we lost the game.

Was at the game, sitting in row 2, the play happened right in front of me and I was recording on my phone at the time. Don't be too hard on Gillon! Good pass to Battle, he took it right down the lane and looked like he was home free for a clean emphatic dunk . . . SURPRISE- Battle missed a 'sure' thing. JG went for the ball as soon as the rim spit it out and was just beat to it by the better positioned Newton. Newton had the angle on G. Check it out yourself . . .

tried to upload clip, wouldn't go, but posted on my twitter page teamco (@teamco) | Twitter

btw that sequence - Battle's missed dunk (to tie the game) followed immediately by Miami made dunk - was the what ended up deciding it
Still would have been down 1 if he made the dunk.

Still would have been down 1 if he made the dunk.

Your point being? :noidea:
That's a much more manageable deficit than 5.
Completely changes the end-game strategies; need for 3's vs 2's, fouling or not, etc.

That dunk was a web gem and a half.

Does it suck that he missed it? Yeah

Does it suck that a Miami 4 point swing occurred afterwards? Uh huh

Should we find it immensely encouraging that our freshman, recruited to-be-stud, took the ball to the hoop with the fury of a bat out of hell to dunk on any poor fool in his way, and very nearly succeed? Shyeah totally.

That kids gonna win us a lot of games we'd otherwise hardly have a shot at. He's a lot like Silent G in my opinion, but better.

Edit: Regarding the Gillon rebound, its whatever. I just found the play encouraging as a whole no thanks to anyone besides Battle.

Your point being? :noidea:
That's a much more manageable deficit than 5.
Completely changes the end-game strategies; need for 3's vs 2's, fouling or not, etc.
No point, just making a correction to his post. I kept thinking they still would have been down 1 and went back to double check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom