On the Battle missed dunk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

On the Battle missed dunk

Is there any video of this dunk? I had to leave the sprts bar with 6 minutes left to get back to work and never saw the remainder of the game. The dunk does not appear in any of the highlights I have seen.

Is there any video of this dunk? I had to leave the sprts bar with 6 minutes left to get back to work and never saw the remainder of the game. The dunk does not appear in any of the highlights I have seen.

Can anyone see that video? I only see a giant blank space...

Syracuse missed dunk leads to key Miami hoop - ESPN Video

Thank you. Now I understand it. Unfortunate but he did get slapped in the eye causing him to close his eyes there. That explains a lot. This is the type of move our players should have been doing all year when they get matched up with people like the Latvian Elvis. Glad he did this. Would have been one of the plays of the year if he wasn't slapped in the eye.

Your point being? :noidea:
That's a much more manageable deficit than 5.
Completely changes the end-game strategies; need for 3's vs 2's, fouling or not, etc.
Right...for example who knows if Gillon would even have put up the long range 3 he hit shortly after the missed dunk?

Thank you. Now I understand it. Unfortunate but he did get slapped in the eye causing him to close his eyes there. That explains a lot. This is the type of move our players should have been doing all year when they get matched up with people like the Latvian Elvis. Glad he did this. Would have been one of the plays of the year if he wasn't slapped in the eye.
Hard to tell if he got hit or not. Looked more like he was anticipating the contact.

I think Battle got hit, on his left arm/shoulder, that slightly through off his rhythm, leading to the miss.

He didn't get hit at all by either guy. He anticipated getting hit and kind of closed his eyes and that's what caused him to miss. I just slowed it down frame by frame and there is no contact at all.

Watching it again I thought Gillon played the miss very well, he just didn't have the size.

Battle did travel after receiving the ball so I guess the ball didn't lie.

Big part of the game, but not the reason we lost, a lot of time left after it and we could have won in spite of that play.

Watching it again I thought Gillon played the miss very well, he just didn't have the size.

Battle did travel after receiving the ball so I guess the ball didn't lie.

Big part of the game, but not the reason we lost, a lot of time left after it and we could have won in spite of that play.

I thought he realized he didn't have the size and didn't go after it as hard as he should have considering we needed that win.

didn't think about the battle travel, but you may be right on that one.

We have to lead college basketball in missed dunks and layups over the past 5 years, its insane how many easy points we have given up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom