Once we're in the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Once we're in the ACC

kuethstheman

All Conference
Will Georgetown still suck?

Or is that a "if a bear s***s in the woods" thing?

Will Georgetown still suck?

The question is: Once we're in the ACC, will I even care if Georgetown sucks? Not really.

I don't want to see us clogging up our non-conference schedule with Big East leftovers year...after year...after year...after year.

The question is: Once we're in the ACC, will I even care if Georgetown sucks? Not really.

I don't want to see us clogging up our non-conference schedule with Big East leftovers year...after year...after year...after year.

I disagree we should at least play 'Nova every year. It will help with recruiting Philly.

Syracuse Basketball is a national brand that will be running in the ACC with UNC & Duke (and with Pitt...i guess). If we can't recruit Philly from there, then we can't recruit Philly.

Georgetown will always suck! Whatever time it is ;)

I'd like to play Gtown and Nova every season at least for the first 5-10. One home game and one away each season alternating. It gives us a big road and home game every season in the OOC. I'd also like to play ST. Johns in the garden every season maybe middle of the conference schedule. Once Nova and Gtown really suck we can play them more selectively.

As long as we are not in this league after this year, it would be okay to play members of this conference. But after all the years of thinking only of themselves, and not the good of all, then i don't want to play any of them. Starting with the 5 to 3 vote that kept Penn st out, to not letting the football programs all in as full time members. Always making sure, they had more basketball members to control the votes. The final straw was admitting Notre Dame, which is what has led to schools jumping ship

We will need good out of conference games to make up for the crap games in the ACC. How anyone could want to get rid of rivalry games like GT is beyond me. What do you watch college hoops for? I am sure the SU Clemson game will grow into something great but lets see it happen before we dump the games that drive passion in the season.

We will need good out of conference games to make up for the crap games in the ACC. How anyone could want to get rid of rivalry games like GT is beyond me. What do you watch college hoops for? I am sure the SU Clemson game will grow into something great but lets see it happen before we dump the games that drive passion in the season.
They'll allow for the rivalry games to continue. There were a bunch of crappy games in the BE too, though there were more good games. It will all even out. I'd like to see some bigtime OOC games outside of old BE members, too. an SU/UCLA 10-game series, or Arizona.

We should schedule OOC games with GTown every year alternate home/home. It is important to keep our presence in the DC/Baltimore area which is prime recruiting turf. Also we should play an annual game in MSG against St. John's for our alumni presence in NYC.

We should schedule OOC games with GTown every year alternate home/home. It is important to keep our presence in the DC/Baltimore area which is prime recruiting turf. Also we should play an annual game in MSG against St. John's for our alumni presence in NYC.
good points... we will be in the DC area playing Maryland, but keeping alive the SJU series is big. Gtown is too big of a rivalry to lose!

good points... we will be in the DC area playing Maryland, but keeping alive the SJU series is big. Gtown is too big of a rivalry to lose!

We know JB doesn't like to play many "real" OOC road games, even if it makes sense to keeping great rivalries and alumni presense. So although it makes a ton of sense to play in Philly and DC, chances are it might not happen.

We know JB doesn't like to play many "real" OOC road games, even if it makes sense to keeping great rivalries and alumni presense. So although it makes a ton of sense to play in Philly and DC, chances are it might not happen.
A little over-broad.

How about NCSt this year?

Or UF in Florida, KU in Kansas City? I know. i know. "Neutral". Hah.

We will play StJ in the Garden and GTown in downtown DC.

...just to keep a rivalry alive...and to play a couple of good teams...alternate yearly Villinova and Georgetown...play St. John's in Madison Square Garden...alternate home team definition...and we should play Uconn if they are not in ACC...

...just to keep a rivalry alive...and to play a couple of good teams...alternate yearly Villinova and Georgetown...play St. John's in Madison Square Garden...alternate home team definition...and we should play Uconn if they are not in ACC...
Agree, not just to continue the rivalry but it would be a big money maker with high attendance; but only play UConn at the Dome or at a neutral (big) arena, we should not go to small-capacity Storrs. If UConn doesn't like it, cut them off. Rivaly won't be the same once Calhoun retires, anyway.

Agree, not just to continue the rivalry but it would be a big money maker with high attendance; but only play UConn at the Dome or at a neutral (big) arena, we should not go to small-capacity Storrs. If UConn doesn't like it, cut them off. Rivaly won't be the same once Calhoun retires, anyway.

I doubt we will ever play UConn in Storrs after this season. If we are still in the Big East next year ... and if we are scheduled to play "at" UConn ... the game will doubtless be in Hartford. The only reason it is in Storrs this year is because ESPN wanted it there for Game Day. If we ever play them after we leave the Big East, any game in CT would be at Hartford. Because of the bodies it would put in the seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom