One more year | Syracusefan.com

One more year

kcsu

Living Legend
I know its a long shot but it would be great to have Chewy back next year.
Marek and Sid are never going to cut it.

He was honored at the Hardwood Club dinner, on March 10 (where only departing seniors are honored) , thanked for his contributions over five years, and wished well for the future. In his response, he gave no hint of any thought of returning.

We really need a a quality big.

We have a number of recruiting needs, but this one is a glaring need.

Sidibe has some offensive capability but is easily bodied and seemingly plays no defense.

MD is not a center and never will be. The fact that we have to play him there regularly is the result of our recruiting fails.

Ajax looks promising, but it's hard to know if he's legit until he gets here. His highlight reel against the level of competition is not much of a tell.

Either way, we should have another decent big on the books.

Same can be said for PG.

Hopefully JG3 can be a floor general.

Carey obviously needs work (that's if he even hangs around.)

He was honored at the Hardwood Club dinner, on March 10 (where only departing seniors are honored) , thanked for his contributions over five years, and wished well for the future. In his response, he gave no hint of any thought of returning.
JB has already stated he can't return. Can't get a medical redshirt after sitting out a year for transferring (or some such).

JB has already stated he can't return. Can't get a medical redshirt after sitting out a year for transferring (or some such).
Further, he has given no indication he would want to return even if he could.

It's funny how a guy who gets blistered nearly every game thread may be missed. I think we replace tyus points easier than PCs defense.

Yeah. He was up and down and I think the ups tantalized some, to where they’d really get mad at the downs.

Chukwu was obviously limited in some ways, but still an effective and valuable player in other ways.

It’s too bad we didn’t have an AO or a Jackson or even a healthy Dajuan Coleman type to play the other 20-25 minutes and provide a very strong tandem.

Yeah. He was up and down and I think the ups tantalized some, to where they’d really get mad at the downs.

Chukwu was obviously limited in some ways, but still an effective and valuable player in other ways.

It’s too bad we didn’t have an AO or a Jackson or even a healthy Dajuan Coleman type to play the other 20-25 minutes and provide a very strong tandem.

Really hope Sidibe/Marek can do work next year at the 5.

Hope Marek can play his more natural position as forward next year and concentrate on improving offensively and defending with his length on the corners and wings vs getting bullied and beat up by heavier stronger guys defensively under the basket.

Hope Marek can play his more natural position as forward next year and concentrate on improving offensively and defending with his length on the corners and wings vs getting bullied and beat up by heavier stronger guys defensively under the basket.

I think in today's game, Marek is a great five. He just needs to add bulk.

Kid has vision, can dribble ok (especially for his position) and is coordinated. Not to way overrate him, but having a multi-faceted center can unlock so much, kind of like our own version of Draymond (I know, I know - he's not Draymond).

As a forward he feels a bit like a tweener for us: not really polished enough down low to throw the ball to and let him go to work on the block, but also not a good enough shooter to spread the defense.

Either way, hoping for great things.

We will miss you big guy!
Dont ever mess with Chewy!

I'm not ready to give up on Sid yet.

He still wasn't healed from his injury last year. If he can get some legs under him I think we'll see some of what we had hints of in a couple games in the last two years. He moves well and has a decent touch and as a bonus, he can catch the ball.

I just hope we don't have a situation like we did we Coleman.

I'm not ready to give up on Sid yet.

He still wasn't healed from his injury last year. If he can get some legs under him I think we'll see some of what we had hints of in a couple games in the last two years. He moves well and has a decent touch and as a bonus, he can catch the ball.

I just hope we don't have a situation like we did we Coleman.

I hear you but he lacks about 30 pounds to bang in the ACC, and his defense is pretty bad.

He'll be in you trouble a lot.

Hopefully Ajax is ready for minutes early on.

I know its a long shot but it would be great to have Chewy back next year.
Marek and Sid are never going to cut it.
marek could if encouraged ---chewey never will. he does not have the coordination skills. he is at his best right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom