One reason I'm so glad I go to SU | Syracusefan.com

One reason I'm so glad I go to SU

BlackKnight76

All American
UConn just had their basketball student tickets lottery, and my friends are blowing up Facebook with the results, and I have friends who have now gone four years without getting tickets. Say what you want about the Dome as a venue or the price of tickets, but we have it pretty damn good for basketball. The first-come first-serve system is so far superior to what UConn has going.

Back in the day, we had it even better but some weenies got upset and screwed it for the rest of us sports fans. Syracuse used to have a very nominal fee that let you go to all games, any sport, just by flashing your student ID.

Back in the day, we had it even better but some weenies got upset and screwed it for the rest of us sports fans. Syracuse used to have a very nominal fee that let you go to all games, any sport, just by flashing your student ID.

It was probably Nails

Do students get discounts for single game tickets? If so how much?

The true question is, have you passed on your insider contacts to some sophomore or freshman?
Sorta. I don't have great contacts, bnoro has much better ones than me. I just know where to look for info.

my contacts might dry up at the end of this year, too... It'll be a sad day.

From what I've heard in the past, a lot of the lottery winners just sell their tickets at ridiculously marked up prices. You would think UConn would tie the ticket to the person so that they can't be resold. That way only the students who actually care about the games would enter the lottery.

That's horrible that there are seniors who have gone 0-4.

Syracuse does it the most fair way.

BlackKnight when I was a student Bobby and Mennotti started the "list" is that still in effect? Where you could reserve 5 seats as long as 1 person was there round the clock, and within 3 hours everyone in the group had to be there. I am just wondering?

BlackKnight when I was a student Bobby and Mennotti started the "list" is that still in effect? Where you could reserve 5 seats as long as 1 person was there round the clock, and within 3 hours everyone in the group had to be there. I am just wondering?

The List is pretty much the thing that Otto's Army was founded on. We still swear by the List, although that's only for basketball.

Its only for basketball because you could get seats football easily, but before the list my buddies and I would get there ridiculously early and it became a free-for-all once the Dome opened that "list" created order. Heck we had tents and weren't allowed to sleep in the Dome, Gate E is where we slept and it was freaking cold and the wireless out there was awful. I was one of the people who sent you guys pizzas while I was in law school, but I hear its not the same.

Its only for basketball because you could get seats football easily, but before the list my buddies and I would get there ridiculously early and it became a free-for-all once the Dome opened that "list" created order. Heck we had tents and weren't allowed to sleep in the Dome Game E is where we slept and it was freaking cold and the wireless out there was awful. I was one of the people who sent you guys pizzas while I was in law school, but I hear its not the same.

Oh, it's pretty similar. We get into the Dome once in a while (usually if it dips below 10 degrees), but I've spent plenty of nights at Gate E. Thanks for the pizzas by the way, that was so clutch that one night.

My first night at Gate E was before Louisville in 09...a solid 7 days before tip-off. It was 3 degrees out. Not the most fun time I've ever had, but on gameday it's pretty rewarding.

Oh, it's pretty similar. We get into the Dome once in a while (usually if it dips below 10 degrees), but I've spent plenty of nights at Gate E. Thanks for the pizzas by the way, that was so clutch that one night.

My first night at Gate E was before Louisville in 09...a solid 7 days before tip-off. It was 3 degrees out. Not the most fun time I've ever had, but on gameday it's pretty rewarding.
If it wasn't for the list, me and BlackKnight may have never met. Notre Dame freshman year, the person I usually sat low with didn't come and I needed to go back to my dorm, BK was by himself as well and we kind of just went from there.

At USC between 99-01, $99 got you an 'Activity Pass' sticker on your ID. All home games guaranteed for everything except Notre Dame and UCLA football. There was a lottery for those. But, the pass was good for basketball, baseball, volleyball, and all the chick sports too. Anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom