One thing I'm loving | Syracusefan.com

One thing I'm loving

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
No, this is not a pic thread....

I love having these 3 games with a coach I believe that even running a vanilla game plan, we will still likely dominate. There were things to pick apart from last week but the game was never in doubt. Under the previous two coaches, as fans we always believed these games were gimmies but there were many times where the game was much closer than it should have been. This weeks game could be close but I don't think the outcome will ever really be in doubt.

No, this is not a pic thread...

I love having these 3 games with a coach I believe that even running a vanilla game plan, we will still likely dominate. There were things to pick apart from last week but the game was never in doubt. Under the previous two coaches, as fans we always believed these games were gimmies but there were many times where the game was much closer than it should have been. This weeks game could be close but I don't think the outcome will ever really be in doubt.

So true, last 7 or 8 years, we have had way too many close calls with cupcakes. With Dino feels like we are insulated from these types of things much more than we have been in the past...

2014…beat ‘Nova 27-26 in 2 OT, Nova misses extra point to send to 3OT.
2012...beat Stony Brook 28-17, but were down 7-0 and losing at the half.
2011…beat Rhode Island 21-14, game tied 14-14 until mid 4th quarter.
2009…beat Maine 41-24, but were losing 17-13 at the half

I disagree vehemently! Shaf was ...

Oh, wait. My bad. Agree 100%. :)

I don't think we can be vanilla and win this weekend, but I do have a confidence in not having to worry about bad teams and not playing down to the competition. I don't think this weekend falls into that category though. We're going to get MTSU's best shot and we'll have to open up the playbook and play a complete game to win.

It also gives the coaches invaluable film to work from. Lots of learning from mistakes is going on this week. I am in the camp that they are keeping things as vanilla as possible to win and not show any wrinkles before ACC/LSU.

Also remember Dino said the offense doesn't typically come together until week 4-6.

Patience my friends, its going to be good :)

I don't think we can be vanilla and win this weekend, but I do have a confidence in not having to worry about bad teams and not playing down to the competition. I don't think this weekend falls into that category though. We're going to get MTSU's best shot and we'll have to open up the playbook and play a complete game to win.
I feel like we've seen that a lot in the history of both of our major programs. It's nice having a coach that likes to put his foot on somebody's throat and leave no doubt. When we get all the horses in place, it'll be fun to see it against some of the more well known teams on the schedule.

So true, last 7 or 8 years, we have had way too many close calls with cupcakes. With Dino feels like we are insulated from these types of things much more than we have been in the past...

2014…beat ‘Nova 27-26 in 2 OT, Nova misses extra point to send to 3OT.
2012...beat Stony Brook 28-17, but were down 7-0 and losing at the half.
2011…beat Rhode Island 21-14, game tied 14-14 until mid 4th quarter.
2009…beat Maine 41-24, but were losing 17-13 at the half
That nova game should have been a loss. They missed a field goal at the end of regulation. They also went for 2 in the 2nd ot and it was a qb keeper from memory. It was the only game I've ever been to where I had to leave my seat and regain composure.

Much like Pedro Cerrano...no can hit curveball....
Scott Shafer...no can defend screen. See ND tapes among others.
Seriously if I was Dino I'd be dropping WR screens all day.

That nova game should have been a loss. They missed a field goal at the end of regulation. They also went for 2 in the 2nd ot and it was a qb keeper from memory. It was the only game I've ever been to where I had to leave my seat and regain composure.
Yeah it sucked but spare us the should have been a loss stuff. I'm a Detroit Lions fan. I can give you about 5000 shoulda's but it don't change the fact they still only have 1 playoff win in 60 years. Shoulda, coulda doesn't mean did.

You "shoulda" picked another team.

Clever response I suppose but it doesn't change a thing I said. Hingsight is BS and you are what your record says you are. As for my choice of NFL team, I grew up 2 hours outside of Detroit and have remained loyal to the Lions and Wings for almost 40 years. Not about to change now. Besides, the only real NYS team is the Bills(I don't count teams who play their home games in the state of NJ) and that particular dumpster fire might actually be worse off than my Lions.

We should have lost that Toledo game too, with the phantom FG

it was actually a blatant missed XP by us that was called good and then somehow was upheld on replay. A 3 pt lead should have been 2, Toledo ended up kicking a FG at the end of regulation to tie it instead of winning it. Oh well, Toledo's coach was Tim Beckman, one of the biggest aholes in college coaching, so they deserved to get screwed.

I believe the FG they missed was about 25 yards out too. Foreshadowed a horrific season, between the 3-9 record and the McFu**it soap opera.

it was actually a blatant missed XP by us that was called good and then somehow was upheld on replay. A 3 pt lead should have been 2, Toledo ended up kicking a FG at the end of regulation to tie it instead of winning it. Oh well, Toledo's coach was Tim Beckman, one of the biggest aholes in college coaching, so they deserved to get screwed.
I was sitting pretty close to that goalpost. It was 6 years ago, and I definitely remember hearing the ball clank off the post, but I have no memory of which side of the upright it passed. Obviously, the video evidence shows it went right, but honestly don't remember it one way or the other. It has been driving me crazy for 6 years.

I was sitting pretty close to that goalpost. It was 6 years ago, and I definitely remember hearing the ball clank off the post, but I have no memory of which side of the upright it passed. Obviously, the video evidence shows it went right, but honestly don't remember it one way or the other. It has been driving me crazy for 6 years.

it pretty clearly missed. fortunately the officials, both on field and replay, didn't think so.

I felt the same way during the end of the Marrone years. I am not sweating the outcome Saturday at all. If it was FHCSS or G-Rob or tail end P....sleepless night ahead.

Much like Pedro Cerrano...no can hit curveball...
Scott Shafer...no can defend screen. See ND tapes among others.
Seriously if I was Dino I'd be dropping WR screens all day.
Pierce, and Phillips might get 15 catches each, short passes, and break a tackle.

I was right behind the goalpost in the upper deck. It didn't hit the post, it missed by a few feet left. My friends and I were stunned that he missed, and then we were stunned that it was called good. It was clear as day

I feel the same way. We always saw those schools and assumed they would be easy wins, but we were basically sweating out every game we played. I don't get that feeling with Dino, not only because the athletes he is bringing in are just better, but the style of offense increases the amount of plays that are ran each game. So if you have the better athletes, the more plays that are ran, the more chances the better athletes have at winning each snap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom