only 25k today and it will be biggest easily | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

only 25k today and it will be biggest easily

Yeah. I remember when UNC sucked. They went like 8-20 and were one of the worst major conference teams that season. They got the Felton, McCants, May class and won a national title a couple years later. I can't think of one "10-15 year rebuild" in college bball history. Teams can get good off of one good recruiting class or two. You get 4-5 good players and a couple other decent ones on a roster and you can win.
so UNC did it. great comparison to us. ever look at Indiana in the last 15 years?

Some mistakes were made and it's going to be a very disappointing (and possibly losing) season. But in college hoops you're one good recruiting class away from being back in business. If We landed Bryant and Green this year the conversation and results would be different. Let's not get carried away with the gloom and doom. We need to get a quality PG and I have to believe with our track record of getting PG's to the league, we'll attract somebody in the next class and maybe a high quality transfer.

Yeah. I remember when UNC sucked. They went like 8-20 and were one of the worst major conference teams that season. They got the Felton, McCants, May class and won a national title a couple years later. I can't think of one "10-15 year rebuild" in college bball history. Teams can get good off of one good recruiting class or two. You get 4-5 good players and a couple other decent ones on a roster and you can win.

Indiana is a decent comparison. Took them three years to go from 6-25 to 27-9.

I think people leaving early happens most everywhere, it's just that dome lighting makes it more noticeable. If they could dim the lights, no one would see it.

Indiana is a decent comparison. Took them three years to go from 6-25 to 27-9.
well they have been to 2 or 3 sweet sixteens in 15 years, and that's it. I think people are underestimating how fast SU can lose the casual fans. there aren't that many hardcores left. the casuals can be gone before you know it, than who are we? Marquette or something?

well they have been to 2 or 3 sweet sixteens in 15 years, and that's it. I think people are underestimating how fast SU can lose the casual fans. there aren't that many hardcores left. the casuals can be gone before you know it, than who are we? Marquette or something?

We were just in a Final Four 9 months ago. Are you worried about bad regular seasons or bad tournaments?

I think boeheim is going to take it full circle, and completely rip down whatever it is that he has built. I think we are looking at a 10-15 year rebuild cycle starting as soon as the sanctions are over. w.

Wow, come back in off the ledge. Ten to fifteen years to rebuild? What, man.

We were just in a Final Four 9 months ago. Are you worried about bad regular seasons or bad tournaments?

The level of overreaction really is comical. We may be in for a long season and with Boeheim leaving, the future is definitely uncertain. Why "uncertain" = us sucking for 10-15 years to some people is beyond me. It's like when George Costanza had the white discoloration on his lip and immediately assumed he was dying of lupus or something.

Maybe Hopkins does a great job. Not sure why some act like that's not even a possibility. We're still Syracuse. We've always gotten players (Hopkins has gotten them for 15 years) We've got good facilities, a huge fanbase, are in a pretty good location for hoops, etc.

Well at least we can confirm that his overly negative schtick is not something new. Confused on why some folks are even fans of the program if it causes them this much grief? Easiest solution is to go away and stop posting.

I always find it interesting what some will do in their efforts to throw shade, etc. at others. To each their own I guess. FWIW, in my view, in speaks for itself relative to one's own character.

I always find it interesting what some will do in their efforts to throw shade, etc. at others. To each their own I guess. FWIW, in my view, in speaks for itself relative to one's own character.

Wasn't trying to throw shade at him. He called me out in another thread for calling him a hypocrite because he didn't originally want Hopkins and asked where I got that from. So he got his answer.

Fair enough. FWIW, my remark wasn't directed at you, it was more just in general. All I saw (at the time) was another thread opened - out of the blue - from nearly 3 years ago for seemingly showing up another (in hindsight) how incorrect he was.

Fair enough. FWIW, my remark wasn't directed at you, it was more just in general. All I saw (at the time) was another thread opened - out of the blue - from nearly 3 years ago for seemingly showing up another (in hindsight) how incorrect he was.

I agree in that we don't need to operate in a way where we're constantly looking to shove a person's face in mud from posts they made years ago. However, I think at times it should be done more. It builds accountability and showcases posters for who they are or represent on the board. I think if more people realized that their comments could be resurrected, there would be less over the top posts by some.

It’s because this is likely a burner from this site.

I agree in that we don't need to operate in a way where we're constantly looking to shove a person's face in mud from posts they made years ago. However, I think at times it should be done more. It builds accountability and showcases posters for who they are or represent on the board. I think if more people realized that their comments could be resurrected, there would be less over the top posts by some.

Or people could do what I try to do and remember when they said something crazy and bump it themselves for a good laugh. It's a message board. I try not to take myself too seriously.

As I mentioned, to each their own. This is an internet message board, where people sit behind their keyboards, and mostly spew opinions. That's it. There's not much of any real life "accountability" posters have to seriously concern themselves with. Although, it's clear that some do take themselves too seriously here at times, and should follow MS's advice above IMO.

Personally, I have no issues for ones who post seemingly bizarre things often, at times, etc., I just move on and choose not to engage if it's apparent that their post is not in jest, heat of the moment emotion, etc. I also roll in a way that even if I find myself typically not agreeing with a particular poster's post(s), if I do come across one of theirs that I agree with, I haven't any difficulty in "liking" it. It's apparent there are posters here who are unable to roll that way solely because of the poster's name and their supposed "reputation" here. Again, to each their own.

meh, i've posted a lot dumber stuff than this over the years.

edit: and also are you guys trying to tell me that things are fine right now?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom