oof - SU Athletics communications/PR at it again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

oof - SU Athletics communications/PR at it again

FYI - The person who built that slide probably wasn't alive when they played for SU.
(100 years from now) A history book has a picture Whoopi Goldberg with the caption “Adolf Hitler” under it. But to be fair, the people at the publishing company weren’t alive when Hitler was Hitler.

I don’t think that’s an excuse.

(100 years from now) A history book has a picture Whoopi Goldberg with the caption “Adolf Hitler” under it. But to be fair, the people at the publishing company weren’t alive when Hitler was Hitler.

Ya but... she pretty much is Hitler. Just sayin

They also sent out the wrong location for the pre game party tonight with the email instructions for picking up our tickets. I actually caught this, and sent it to them to fix. So they had to send out a second email. I think ticket office may have made that mistake, but my correction went to the athletic department from the alumni office for the correction. It still had the place listed in Dayton, even though they were provided with the information for Detroit.

They also sent out the wrong location for the pre game party tonight with the email instructions for picking up our tickets. I actually caught this, and sent it to them to fix. So they had to send out a second email. I think ticket office may have made that mistake, but my correction went to the athletic department from the alumni office for the correction. It still had the place listed in Dayton, even though they were provided with the information for Detroit.

Maybe they wanted you in Dayton

So you're working theory is that mistaking Derrick Coleman for Billy Owens is roughly equal to mistaking Whoopi Goldberg w/ Adolf Hitler?

So you're working theory is that mistaking Derrick Coleman for Billy Owens is roughly equal to mistaking Whoopi Goldberg w/ Adolf Hitler?
Nope, just that if it’s your job to do something that involves someone you are not familiar with, it’s not ok to screw it up just cuz you weren’t alive when it happened.

Nope, just that if it’s your job to do something that involves someone you are not familiar with, it’s not ok to screw it up just cuz you weren’t alive when it happened.
So you're working theory is now that absolutely everyone should validate absolutely every piece of information that they're paid to prepare to such an extent as to ensure there are literally zero errors?

So you're working theory is now that absolutely everyone should validate absolutely every piece of information that they're paid to prepare to such an extent as to ensure there are literally zero errors?
If that's your job.

If that's your job.
Nothing would get done if the world worked that way.

Instead, you check the important stuff that's complicated (and therefore likely to have errors), and you move on to the next thing.

My guess is that whoever made the slide used a mislabeled stock photo and/or a mislabeled photo off the internet and moved on. They weren't familiar w/ either player, because this is probably their first year out of school, so they've probably never seen either player in action.

Given that 99% of people won't notice, 50% of people who do notice won't care, and 99% of people who do notice and care won't like SU less, it's not important enough for them to kill the selves fact checking.

Instead, you check the important stuff that's complicated (and therefore likely to have errors), and you move on to the next thing.

My guess is that whoever made the slide used a mislabeled stock photo and/or a mislabeled photo off the internet and moved on. They weren't familiar w/ either player, because this is probably their first year out of school, so they've probably never seen either player in action.

Given that 99% of people won't notice, 50% of people who do notice won't care, and 99% of people who do notice and care won't like SU less, it's not important enough for them to kill the selves fact checking.
Would you have been okay with a crudely drawn stick figure provided it was orange?

That was a piece by SU for SU fans, alum, internet fan boards, twitter followers, etc...

DC is pretty active on Twitter. You don’t think he’d notice? That’s not an embarrassment?
It’s not like it was put out there for the whole world to enjoy, whereas a large percentage wouldn’t notice. It was put out there for US, and it wouldn’t get past most of us.

This is a topic for the Cuse Fan Council to address.

you couldn't work for me

Fake images.

2kr2hg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom