Opening day planning. Anything new? | Syracusefan.com

Opening day planning. Anything new?

DoubleDee

All American
My son and I will be in attendance as usual. We are Quad, and Marching Band kind of guys. Probably hurry into the Dome to take in the "newness" of it.
After the game, we are planning on Varsity for a quick slice (yeah right, just "one"), and band members standing on tables.

Is there anything new anyone has heard of that we should plan on? Is there officially a "QUAD WALK"? After the spring game quad walk let-down, I'm curious if a game-day version is in the plans?

Just found an answer...

"'Cuse on the Quad returns this fall as well, with food and beverage options, live music and more. New this season will be the Quad Walk. Fans are encouraged to greet the team on their walk to the Dome through the quad approximately 2:15 minutes before kickoff. Check back to Cuse.com next week for specific details regarding the quad walk and quad activities."

Just found an answer...

"'Cuse on the Quad returns this fall as well, with food and beverage options, live music and more. New this season will be the Quad Walk. Fans are encouraged to greet the team on their walk to the Dome through the quad approximately 2:15 minutes before kickoff. Check back to Cuse.com next week for specific details regarding the quad walk and quad activities."

Was just going to say the quad walk is absolutely happening

I hope to attend if I can get away working the tailgate for a bit with my son and wife

Yeah I’ve heard there’s been some disagreements about what he wants vs what the school will allow

Hopefully they can work it out
I love how involved Fran seems to be with every aspect of his team and the image he wants to represent. I just wish individuals up on the hill had the same pride in their teams and image.

Also heard him say during one of his interviews there will be a few new songs inside the Dome this year. Wondering what the plan is there.

Looks like this school was practicing for the quad walk. Good to see them trying to take this seriously. Now let's hope they do a good enough job of push this to fans so 1. they know about it and 2. they feel like they should go

seems like making the walk work for the team is more important than what ever idea the school has? Unless its also an issue with the band and where it needs to be at that time? are they part of the walk as well?

They usually march in much later?

when does the Quad and its events open up? Maybe they dont have people to do crowd things 2+ hrs out?

I love how involved Fran seems to be with every aspect of his team and the image he wants to represent. I just wish individuals up on the hill had the same pride in their teams and image.
Eh, I wouldn't jump right to folks on the hill not having the same pride.

There can be other valid reasons for a difference in view. Especially if there are event logistics involved.

To me you only walk the quad if you can fill it. If you don't think you can for the first game, then just do the "last mile" so to speak and get as many fans, students and band extended out from the dome entrance the players would walk into. That way you can frame a more raucous and crowded cheering path into the dome.
Edit: you would likely draw over more fans just arriving and seeing the crowd there at the entrance.

I think the issue with the walk is how many people at SU show up at the quad 2 1/2 hrs before the game?

The bigger tailgates are not near enough and most people who do go to the quad dont go nearly that early because what are you going to do for 2 hrs when its over.

Now if they did music or had better tv setups or something or actual places to sit that may help a bit.

But who wants to stand for 2 hrs

I think the issue with the walk is how many people at SU show up at the quad 2 1/2 hrs before the game?

The bigger tailgates are not near enough and most people who do go to the quad dont go nearly that early because what are you going to do for 2 hrs when its over.

Now if they did music or had better tv setups or something or actual places to sit that may help a bit.

Between students that are already on or near campus and tailgaters that are at the nearby lots, there should be enough to make it decent. It's also a cool way for people that can't afford to go the game to come see the team and then get home to watch on TV for the televised games.

I don't have a set tailgate spot (I do have a parking pass for the first time - Manley - so that might change), but for the last couple games last year I brought a bag of beer on ice up to Quad and hung out there. It was a pretty good vibe and the crowds were decent. I will definitely be there for the Quad walk. We all have to do whatever we can to support Fran and this team, especially in visible / physical ways. Showing up is key.

There’s Cuse on the Quad. Not sure when it starts but I’m sure it starts 2 hours before kickoff

I know its a thing. just how many people use it?

I have been in the quad a bunch of times for pre-game. Since the stopped serving as many food choices my people dont want to bother any more and they could use triple the tables/chair options. tough to eat food truck food standing up especially when its raining

I know its a thing. just how many people use it?

I have been in the quad a bunch of times for pre-game. Since the stopped serving as many food choices my people dont want to bother any more and they could use triple the tables/chair options. tough to eat food truck food standing up especially when its raining

I went a couple times last year, and the crowds were solid. Not sure I was there two and a half hours before kick, though. It would be nice if they could get a giant outdoor TV to show games/college gameday, instead of the few 50" tv's streaming from laptops. Those are better than nothing, but there's room for improvement.