Operation Pack The Dome | Syracusefan.com

Operation Pack The Dome

The push has started, hopefully. I hope they go all out for a sellout...so far it hasn't seemed like much marketing. Pack the dome!
Seems that outside of us diehards, there isn’t the excitement we hoped for. There’s a ton to be optimistic about this year. The school shouldn’t have to run a deal like this :(

Seems that outside of us diehards, there isn’t the excitement we hoped for. There’s a ton to be optimistic about this year. The school shouldn’t have to run a deal like this :(
Casuals don't know that they should be excited. They don't pay attention to the portal or recruiting or know who Fran Brown is. It's what makes them casuals. Excitement for them will follow W's.

Casuals don't know that they should be excited. They don't pay attention to the portal or recruiting or know who Fran Brown is. It's what makes them casuals. Excitement for them will follow W's.
Yup. Come November they'll be standing in the middle of the aisles and eating their nachos after going to the bathroom for the seventh time. Lol

Its weeks before the game. This is encouraging to me, actually. Even in 2018 the university hardly showed much urgency until a day or two out.

This tells me they want to sell out most home games.

Tell your family and friends. Do your part

Yup. Come November they'll be standing in the middle of the aisles and eating their nachos after going to the bathroom for the seventh time. Lol
this year, i moved my seats from the aisle to the middle of a row so I don't spend most of the game dealing with that, after switching my seats last year from one side of the aisle to the other side of the aisle so I wouldn't have to stand to look over the constant stream of people coming and going and could actually watch the game

Are individual ticket for games on sale? I don’t see links for that on the schedule at Cuse.com. And all the tix on Ticketmaster are resale.

this year, i moved my seats from the aisle to the middle of a row so I don't spend most of the game dealing with that, after switching my seats last year from one side of the aisle to the other side of the aisle so I wouldn't have to stand to look over the constant stream of people coming and going and could actually watch the game
Same! We're smack dab in the middle of a row now. Not gonna miss the aisle.

Are individual ticket for games on sale? I don’t see links for that on the schedule at Cuse.com. And all the tix on Ticketmaster are resale.

They’ve been on sale for a couple weeks.

Its weeks before the game. This is encouraging to me, actually. Even in 2018 the university hardly showed much urgency until a day or two out.

Yeah this is much earlier than before. Good job working to get the message out.

I think there’s more optimism in the non-diehards. There’s certainly more conversation, at least in my circle.

Not showing up yet in ticket sales, but an Ohio game never draws anyway. I’m sure there’s some wait and see. Still 3 weeks to push. Win impressively in week 1 and see if Georgia Tech gets us closer to capacity.

My hope is convincing Ohio win, pull one out vs GA Tech and then officially announce ourselves to the country with a Friday night beat down of Stanford. Stanford is still a big name and would definitely bring in the casuals for a rocking night game. Baby steps though. Can't wait

I’d much rather they do this than not. I’m speaking to the fact that they need to discount tickets in a newly reduced capacity stadium with as much to look forward to as they’ve had in 2 decades.

Not really surprised. Outside of schools like Bama, UGA, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Oklahoma and a few other SEC schools where it's just part of the culture, we're typical of most schools where there needs to be some proof on the field and a better opponent before people get really excited. There's more excitement, but Syracuse wasn't going to turn into one of those schools I named overnight.

I think there’s more optimism in the non-diehards. There’s certainly more conversation, at least in my circle.

Not showing up yet in ticket sales, but an Ohio game never draws anyway. I’m sure there’s some wait and see. Still 3 weeks to push. Win impressively in week 1 and see if Georgia Tech gets us closer to capacity.
Agree. I’ve heard a few SU folks this summer, who I know aren’t football diehards, mention that the program is on the upswing. These aren’t locals though, so they’re not the buying tickets types. But it sure seems like the positive buzz has broken through.

I get why marketing is hard and expensive in many ways.

Bill boards radio/tv time cost money.

Hopefully this latest push drives a few tickets.

I wonder what the metrics say about the resale market, because I do see some of those moving, and very little in a month has moved for the Ohio game.

I wonder if cross promotions might work?

Su/Colgate/Cortland/IC or whatever.

Work with the Bills for a cross over perhaps?

I was on the thruway last night with streams of Bills fans heading back to SU at the rest stop. Of the 25 or so in line for food they all talked about how they found the way to get Bills tickets but not on of them was planning on going to an SU game. A few had no idea we had a new coach.. Several hadnt been in the dome for years.

I get why marketing is hard and expensive in many ways.

Bill boards radio/tv time cost money.

Hopefully this latest push drives a few tickets.

I wonder what the metrics say about the resale market, because I do see some of those moving, and very little in a month has moved for the Ohio game.

I wonder if cross promotions might work?

Su/Colgate/Cortland/IC or whatever.

Work with the Bills for a cross over perhaps?

I was on the thruway last night with streams of Bills fans heading back to SU at the rest stop. Of the 25 or so in line for food they all talked about how they found the way to get Bills tickets but not on of them was planning on going to an SU game. A few had no idea we had a new coach.. Several hadnt been in the dome for years.
A cross over Bills/SU relationship is long overdue, and the Rochester market represents an ideal ‘half way’ point. One-offs like Coaches Caravan are great, but if we’re serious about “grow Monroe” we should be holding a joint practice with the Bills at St. John Fisher annually.

Last edited:
both stadiums losing seats as well , there may be some fans looking for a cheaper fball fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom