Operation Pack The Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Operation Pack The Dome

A cross over Bills/SU relationship is long overdue, and the Rochester market represents an ideal ‘half way’ point. One-offs like Coaches Caravan are great, but if we’re serious about “grow Monroe” we should be holding a joint practice with the Bills at St. John Fisher annually.

Joint practice is a great idea I had never thought of before.

We just took 8,000 seats out of the venue. If the team wins a couple games early on it'll be packed for the more attractive home games over the course of the season.

I get that people's hearts are in the right place. But we don't really need elaborate marketing schemes or outreach to a pro fan base 2 hours away. We've literally seen in recent years that if the team wins then attendance will follow. And now we have 8,000 fewer seats to fill.

I get why marketing is hard and expensive in many ways.

Bill boards radio/tv time cost money.

Hopefully this latest push drives a few tickets.

I wonder what the metrics say about the resale market, because I do see some of those moving, and very little in a month has moved for the Ohio game.

I wonder if cross promotions might work?

Su/Colgate/Cortland/IC or whatever.

Work with the Bills for a cross over perhaps?

I was on the thruway last night with streams of Bills fans heading back to SU at the rest stop. Of the 25 or so in line for food they all talked about how they found the way to get Bills tickets but not on of them was planning on going to an SU game. A few had no idea we had a new coach.. Several hadnt been in the dome for years.
What is in it for the Bills?

Its called marketing for a reason.

Even if it is 100 tickets you do something for.

Buffalo is looking at a huge drop in ST sales with the new seat pricing as well. Getting more fans to travel is always good. They had a peak of 63K or so and now they will have less seats at a higher price point.

But thats why I said work with the colleges. Work with the Syr Mets, do a bball/fb promotion. work with the state Fair. Work with Restaurants.

Its called marketing for a reason.

Even if it is 100 tickets you do something for.

Buffalo is looking at a huge drop in ST sales with the new seat pricing as well. Getting more fans to travel is always good. They had a peak of 63K or so and now they will have less seats at a higher price point.

But thats why I said work with the colleges. Work with the Syr Mets, do a bball/fb promotion. work with the state Fair. Work with Restaurants.

It's not for 100 tickets.

NFL and ACC football are way different products.

What is in it for the Bills?
--> the same branding benefits Buffalo identified when it decided to locate its pre-season camp here in the first place. It’s way beyond ‘100 tickets’ and good will for state taxpayer funding: The Bills need and rely on fan support from the 750-800k residents in Monroe County (and > fans at points East). It would be a marketing win-win to do some events with the (only) P4 team in the state, connecting with the 100,000 SU fans in the Rochester area and beyond. No one’s suggesting the Bills should hook up with SU (or St. John Fisher) for charity.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom