Opportunity to MCW tonight? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Opportunity to MCW tonight?

idk if I buy this. Thomas scores a lot on everybody but he wouldn't own MCW that bad. MCW is a good defender and though Thomas is a lot quicker, MCW's length would help a lot. He's also not exactly slow.
Last night IT got a technical at the end of the 3rd for saying you can't guard me to MCW.

If MCW guarded IT the whole game he would have scored 60. He couldn't stay in front of him.

MCW wasn't posting IT on the other end. Chicago's top 2 PGs Grant/MCW couldn't play last night. It was Cannon.

Last night IT got a technical at the end of the 3rd for saying you can't guard me to MCW.

If MCW guarded IT the whole game he would have scored 60. He couldn't stay in front of him.

MCW wasn't posting IT on the other end. Chicago's top 2 PGs Grant/MCW couldn't play last night. It was Cannon.

I watched most of the game. Canaan didn't do a fantastic job either. Thomas could legitimately say "you can't guard me" to 99% of the league, including Canaan.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Isaiah would have torched MCW, not sure there's any chance he could have stayed in front of him.

I know Butler played a ton of minutes; down the stretch if I were the Bulls I may have taken Cannan out, put Butler on Thomas, and basically forced Thomas to guard either Butler or Wade. that's a lot to ask Butler, I know, but I think you need to punish Thomas on the defensive end

I think Isaiah would have torched MCW, not sure there's any chance he could have stayed in front of him.

I know Butler played a ton of minutes; down the stretch if I were the Bulls I may have taken Cannan out, put Butler on Thomas, and basically forced Thomas to guard either Butler or Wade. that's a lot to ask Butler, I know, but I think you need to punish Thomas on the defensive end

It's hard to pinpoint exactly how Thomas did against MCW, but based on what I could find in the play-by-play numbers; Thomas was on pace to score in the low-mid 40's with about 5 or 6 assists for the full game against MCW based on per minute production. Obviously this is an imperfect extrapolation.

He ended up with 33 points. So MCW was worse than Canaan but not over twice as bad, which is what would be needed to put Thomas around 60 points.

He was bad and should feel bad. Wish we had successful NBA players.

He was bad and should feel bad. Wish we had successful NBA players.

hqdefault.jpg

Butler has to be the Bulls PG to give them a chance. Grant/MCW/Cannon all have stunk.

Wade-Butler-Mirotic-Portis-Lopez is their best lineup without Rondo.

Butler has to be the Bulls PG to give them a chance. Grant/MCW/Cannon all have stunk.

Wade-Butler-Mirotic-Portis-Lopez is their best lineup without Rondo.

It's just a lot to ask him to run the offense and check Thomas; maybe in the 4th or something?

idk if I buy this. Thomas scores a lot on everybody but he wouldn't own MCW that bad. MCW is a good defender and though Thomas is a lot quicker, MCW's length would help a lot. He's also not exactly slow.

did you watch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom