Orange Madness | Syracusefan.com

Orange Madness

Well...it'll be at the Dome. Fans will complain about the music, the parking, and the inclusion of the women's team. And a couple people will get irrationally excited about the prospects of a guy who won't end up playing in the New Year.

Should be fun!

Well...it'll be at the Dome. Fans will complain about the music, the parking, and the inclusion of the women's team. And a couple people will get irrationally excited about the prospects of a guy who won't end up playing in the New Year.

Should be fun!
Don't forget fights and stabbings. Fun for the whole family!

Yanks are playing in Game 6 of the ALCS on the 20th.

1f44e.png

Is the scrimmage going to be on ESPN3/ WatchESPN? I haven't seen anything. I assume it's not going to be on cuse.com either. Any info? Thanks. CuseLegacy, anything?

Last edited:
UGH. It's freaking 2017 - there is NO EXCUSE not to televise or at least stream this content.
Plus, why scale it down so much? Sorry, but having JB come in on a tank is fun - not to mention the connection to the 10th mountain. And music/rap (whatever) also makes the event enjoyable, as long as its family oriented. I think we could all live without the 3pt shooting contest. But otherwise, I don't get the thinking here at all. This isn't the time or place to save money.

Last edited:
I don't get the relevance of the different format as far as not streaming it. From a competitive disadvantage standpoint, our exhibition games are televised for opponents to see. I have no clue what Moore is getting at.
Here is his contact info for those interested is expressing your displeasure.
Pete Moore
Director of Athletic Communications (Men's Basketball)

Phone: 2608
Email: pimoore
It doesn't print out his full email address but it is pimoore @ syr.edu (no spaces)

Also, jwildhac @ syr.edu

Last edited:
Format's different for sure. The question is "why", Pete? Why limit the audience so much? Why scale it down to a scrimmage only? Why remove the music? Why separate the women? Why take away the grand entry, and the 10th mountain shout-outs? You're going backwards while the competition's using MM as a recruiting and branding tool.

Last edited:
Here is his contact info for those interested is expressing your displeasure.
Pete Moore
Director of Athletic Communications (Men's Basketball)

Phone: 2608
Email: pimoore
It doesn't print out his full email address but it is pimoore @ syr.edu (no spaces)

Also, jwildhac @ syr.edu
Here is the response I received from Pete, who also cc'd John Wildhack and Sue Edson as well. Hard to believe sometimes that Syracuse runs such a top communications school.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We appreciate your interest in Syracuse men’s basketball.

Our production team did consider streaming this event. However, it was determined that the number of fan-interactive elements scheduled for the evenings would make it a difficult event to produce a quality stream.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom