Orange Out !! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Out !!

There wasn't a much orange gear available before then. I don't recall orange sweatshirts in the 80s.
There was stuff available. I had orange shirts and blue shirts. I remember a lot more people wearing blue. I think a lot of people liked having 'Syracuse' or 'Orangemen' written in orange against the dark blue background. I think the Penn St white outs started to make everyone else emphasize their various school colors a lot more and recognize how it looks on TV in a crowd.

There was stuff available. I had orange shirts and blue shirts. I remember a lot more people wearing blue. I think a lot of people liked having 'Syracuse' or 'Orangemen' written in orange against the dark blue background. I think the Penn St white outs started to make everyone else emphasize their various school colors a lot more and recognize how it looks on TV in a crowd.
I don't know when PSU started the white outs, but I remember Colorado having black outs for a big night game once a year back in the late '00s.

I don't know when PSU started the white outs, but I remember Colorado having black outs for a big night game once a year back in the late '00s.
I don't remember that. Maybe that started it all. That was probably a cool sight.

Blue stuff seems a much better option to just where around as a shirt around town. All the blue/grey stuff has its place. Orange is the thing for going to a game as its a statement color.

I have a blue hoodie. dont think I would ever buy a orange one except to wear to a game. now if i was still in college and wearing a hoodie to class every day orange would be fine

When i wear an orange shirt outside it looks like you are working for the road crew.

Blue stuff seems a much better option to just where around as a shirt around town. All the blue/grey stuff has its place. Orange is the thing for going to a game as its a statement color.

I have a blue hoodie. dont think I would ever buy a orange one except to wear to a game. now if i was still in college and wearing a hoodie to class every day orange would be fine

When i wear an orange shirt outside it looks like you are working for the road crew.
I have a slightly different take; wear orange everywhere and when you see a road crew, scream LGO at them.

I have a slightly different take; wear orange everywhere and when you see a road crew, scream LGO at them.
my wife doesnt mind me wearing SU stuff , but she does not like the orange look at all. But since I work from home, where will i wear most of it anyway now, and I am not allowed to wear t-shirts off the property so its just around the house or put on a golf shirt.

my wife doesnt mind me wearing SU stuff , but she does not like the orange look at all. But since I work from home, where will i wear most of it anyway now, and I am not allowed to wear t-shirts off the property so its just around the house or put on a golf shirt.
You're not allowed to wear t-shirts off the property?

You're not allowed to wear t-shirts off the property?
nope.. not considered proper attire.. which is funny because her dad is/was a farmer for 80 yrs and all he wears is jeans and white t-shirts until winter and it becomes jeans and wool shirt..

If i have to run down the hill to a harware store i have to change outfits .

nope.. not considered proper attire.. which is funny because her dad is/was a farmer for 80 yrs and all he wears is jeans and white t-shirts until winter and it becomes jeans and wool shirt..

I would have filed for divorce ages ago, but that's just me. :)

That's all I wear... unless it's warm enough for tank tops. So you always have to wear "proper attire?" You can't just be comfortable?

This has to be a joke. If not we need an intervention.

Like when someone tells you not to wear a bands t shirt to that bands concert. Shut up, i most certainly will!!

PCU.png

OMG

Every day a new layer gets peeled from this onion.

I’m telling you man, so much can be settled with arm wrestling. No one ever listens. We have a distinct advantage.

Heads up kings, arm wrestle your wives.

Coed Naked Lacrosse shirts
This is 100% spot on. When I was in middle school and high school in the 80’s and 90’s, I vividly remember wearing random rugby shirts that had nothing to do with orange or our team. Looking back it’s the strangest phenomenon. And I agree, it was almost like you felt cheesy if you wore Cuse gear.

Now, i start planning Wednesday what Orange shirt I’m going to wear to the dome. Lol

Well you can’t argue when even Vogue says Orange is the new ‘it’ for 2022. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom