Orangeyes Open 2016 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Open 2016

OrangeTown

Starter
Well I make a post like this every year. The Orangeyes Open yesterday was another wonderful event and it's always great to see the usual faces as well as meeting new ones. Due to a last minute change of plans, DCCuse and I had to scramble to find a couple players a couple hours before tee off. It just so happened that my buddy and usual lurker HerkimerSU wanted me to deliver BC tickets to RayInVa when I saw him so I decided to see if he wanted to join us. A half hour later, we were in the car on our way. DCCuse found a strapping young lad to fill out the foursome. Kyle, I don't know your last name, but it was a pleasure meeting you and spending the day with you. I wish you nothing but the best with your position at the University. And thank you for bailing us out right out of the gate.

After meeting up with and chatting with the usual suspects such as sutomcat and OrangeOnions , I got to meet a couple great guys in RayInVa and Shenexon (who had met CuseTroop out the night before and lived to tell about it). Had a couple drinks with them in the bar afterwards and they are class acts. Before heading out to our starting holes, we got to see Orangeyes' grandson hit the ceremonial first tee shot. I joked with my buddy HerkimerSU that I was ready to dump him for the youngster.

Our round was a crazy one. I've never played in a scramble and had so many bogeys. But after finishing our first 9 at 2 over par (after birdying the first hole), the inner pro in DCCuse came out. He drains a long 35 foot birdy putt on 1. We get to the green in 2 on the par 5 2nd and he gets nostalgic. Last year, JackBauer44 said on that exact green that he would shotgun a beer if we birdied the hole. Well you probably don't remember, but I posted a video of him doing it. Needless to say, DCCuse drains the long eagle putt and I present to you to following:

Who is the worse shotgunner? (Warning: There is an F-Bomb dropped in the video of JackBauer44 from last year.) I think both got more beer in orifices other than their mouth. I hope the links work.

JackBauer44

IMG_0275.MOV

vs. DCCuse

File_000.mov

Videos taken at the same spot one year apart. I can only imagine what next year holds.

So after golf, Chris Gedney gave a great talk about the terrible issues of Chron's disease and ulcerative colitis. As members of this board, there isn't one of us who can say those have not affected someone dear to us. Dan obviously left an impact on him and you could sense the connection in his voice. Niko ended up having to be elsewhere, so his lovely wife stepped in and did a fantastic job emcee-ing in his absence. It was like having a funnier, better looking Niko on the microphone. And like the class act he is, Niko still did what he could to show up at the end of the evening.

The prizes were great, the company was great, and now that I've eaten the food there sober, I can say it was very good. (Amazing how you can stay sober when not playing with JackBauer44 or CuseTroop ) I wasn't able to hang around long after, but I did get to briefly say hi to Dan's lovely wife Diane and his lovely daughter Kelly again. Kelly presented me with a dozen orange golf balls and an SU beanie for letting her and her daughter use my tickets last season (I know you will read this and you did not have to do that. But I love that beanie so I'm glad you did!)

Long story short, great time with great people and great fans for a great person and a great cause. I know my buddy HerkimerSU is hooked. Thanks to everyone involved in making this event for an Orange legend happen.

I had originally just wanted to post the competing shotgun videos but I can't help but recap this amazing event.

Will definitely be back. Great people surrounding an important cause with some good (in my case not so good) golf. Still can't come down from the excitement of DCuse and his laser sights on the greens. Great write up John, thank you for getting me involved. It was great putting faces to names, after being a long time board member. I hope to see everyone at a tailgate soon!

What nostalgia. Wish I could have been there this year, but I'll make sure to plan my schedule better to be there for next year.

Rick - Thanks for paying homage.

In all seriousness. The OE Open is an awesome event. If you've never been, do yourself a favor and go. And don't be afraid to get in bidding wars with strangers in the silent auction. The money goes to a worthwhile cause.

Good post OrangeTown. Very funny.

JackBauer44 is a great guy but he needs work on the shotgun. He is definitely more of an under the center type beer drinker.

Rules to live by:

Never go without at least 12 hours of sleep.
Never play cards against a guy whose first name is the name of a city.
Never go out with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.
Never try and defeat DCCuse in a drinking or eating contest.

Outstanding writeup and thinks it pretty much captures our day out there. Love the side by side comparisons of the two shotguns. I think Justin and I took too literally the meaning of "shotgun start" of the tournament. OrangeTown, you talk of myself, Justin and Adam, but the only common denominator in the three years is you, so maybe we know who the instigator of this behavior is . Echoing everyone, you really should try to play, come to dinner or otherwise get involved with this great event honoring such a great man that I know we all love and miss. I know I will do my damndest every year to keep this tradition going. Next year, I think we need a synchronized our some shotgun chug.

Well I make a post like this every year. The Orangeyes Open yesterday was another wonderful event and it's always great to see the usual faces as well as meeting new ones. Due to a last minute change of plans, DCCuse and I had to scramble to find a couple players a couple hours before tee off. It just so happened that my buddy and usual lurker HerkimerSU wanted me to deliver BC tickets to RayInVa when I saw him so I decided to see if he wanted to join us. A half hour later, we were in the car on our way. DCCuse found a strapping young lad to fill out the foursome. Kyle, I don't know your last name, but it was a pleasure meeting you and spending the day with you. I wish you nothing but the best with your position at the University. And thank you for bailing us out right out of the gate.

After meeting up with and chatting with the usual suspects such as sutomcat and OrangeOnions , I got to meet a couple great guys in RayInVa and Shenexon (who had met CuseTroop out the night before and lived to tell about it). Had a couple drinks with them in the bar afterwards and they are class acts. Before heading out to our starting holes, we got to see Orangeyes' grandson hit the ceremonial first tee shot. I joked with my buddy HerkimerSU that I was ready to dump him for the youngster.

Our round was a crazy one. I've never played in a scramble and had so many bogeys. But after finishing our first 9 at 2 over par (after birdying the first hole), the inner pro in DCCuse came out. He drains a long 35 foot birdy putt on 1. We get to the green in 2 on the par 5 2nd and he gets nostalgic. Last year, JackBauer44 said on that exact green that he would shotgun a beer if we birdied the hole. Well you probably don't remember, but I posted a video of him doing it. Needless to say, DCCuse drains the long eagle putt and I present to you to following:

Who is the worse shotgunner? (Warning: There is an F-Bomb dropped in the video of JackBauer44 from last year.) I think both got more beer in orifices other than their mouth. I hope the links work.

JackBauer44

IMG_0275.MOV

vs. DCCuse

File_000.mov

Videos taken at the same spot one year apart. I can only imagine what next year holds.

So after golf, Chris Gedney gave a great talk about the terrible issues of Chron's disease and ulcerative colitis. As members of this board, there isn't one of us who can say those have not affected someone dear to us. Dan obviously left an impact on him and you could sense the connection in his voice. Niko ended up having to be elsewhere, so his lovely wife stepped in and did a fantastic job emcee-ing in his absence. It was like having a funnier, better looking Niko on the microphone. And like the class act he is, Niko still did what he could to show up at the end of the evening.

The prizes were great, the company was great, and now that I've eaten the food there sober, I can say it was very good. (Amazing how you can stay sober when not playing with JackBauer44 or CuseTroop ) I wasn't able to hang around long after, but I did get to briefly say hi to Dan's lovely wife Diane and his lovely daughter Kelly again. Kelly presented me with a dozen orange golf balls and an SU beanie for letting her and her daughter use my tickets last season (I know you will read this and you did not have to do that. But I love that beanie so I'm glad you did!)

Long story short, great time with great people and great fans for a great person and a great cause. I know my buddy HerkimerSU is hooked. Thanks to everyone involved in making this event for an Orange legend happen.

I had originally just wanted to post the competing shotgun videos but I can't help but recap this amazing event.

Will definitely be back. Great people surrounding an important cause with some good (in my case not so good) golf. Still can't come down from the excitement of DCuse and his laser sights on the greens. Great write up John, thank you for getting me involved. It was great putting faces to names, after being a long time board member. I hope to see everyone at a tailgate soon!
Great to meet you and have to give credit to the outstanding reads of the greens you gave me and the rest of the crew all day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom