ordinary beatings will look worse with this pace | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ordinary beatings will look worse with this pace

jackson thru into some tight windows early , just not enough. the RPO D was bad. We cant play at pace until we can run or the WRs get in the right spots. the fact that we played awful and somehow in the middle of the 3rd had 2 chances to be in that game and failed gives us some hope.

would not be shocked if we see the same game this week, mistakes some big plays and trailing by 20+ in the 3rd

If Clemson plays the same game on offense this week we can hang. if they take it to another level or we just blow assignments we are in trouble like every other team the last 20 thats played them.

Where we are in game 6 is the key.. by then we know what we have and we know what Maryand is.

Wake is the only team that might just beat us if we play well because they have a solid offense. Every other game is just who plays better that day

Oline needs to step it up

Agreed on Wake. They look potent on O, as does BC. I don't think either D is that good though. We might be in for quite a few shootouts.

jackson thru into some tight windows early , just not enough. the RPO D was bad. We cant play at pace until we can run or the WRs get in the right spots. the fact that we played awful and somehow in the middle of the 3rd had 2 chances to be in that game and failed gives us some hope.

would not be shocked if we see the same game this week, mistakes some big plays and trailing by 20+ in the 3rd

If Clemson plays the same game on offense this week we can hang. if they take it to another level or we just blow assignments we are in trouble like every other team the last 20 thats played them.

Where we are in game 6 is the key.. by then we know what we have and we know what Maryand is.

Wake is the only team that might just beat us if we play well because they have a solid offense. Every other game is just who plays better that day

Oline needs to step it up

agree, if things go as planned over the next 3 games (ie Clemson plays like Clemson and we don't shat the bed against WMU/HC) then we are 3-2 going into a pivotal game at NCSU. After Holy Cross there are no gimme's on the schedule, but every one is a relative tossup/can win game. We get things fixed as a 3-2 team by week 6 and we can still have a solid year. I am not some Fire Ward yahoo, but to me the rest of this season is an audition for him to stay around. if his system, which is predicated on getting pressure from the front 4, can't work with our bookend Senior DEs and a very talented secondary (ok, LB is shaky we know that), me thinks that is a problem

Pace had nothing to do with why we got killed.
We didn’t play fast.
We got killed because our LBs and DBs couldn’t fill space and Maryland got their guys into space and open windows for their QB to destroy us.
The Maryland QB didn’t throw into tight windows he was facing 3rd and short all day and killed us.
We also got murdered on 1st down.

Something I have not seen much mention of if any, is the Maryland OC. I seem to remember that Scottie Montgomery was on the wish list of many board members prior to Dino. We all say we miss the play calling of our former OC Sean Lewis, but this guy has had a lot of good mentorship under Cutcliffe as well as in the NFL, and he has ACC experience, like his QB.

Is it possible apart from good offense and play calling that those two also just knew better what to expect?

I am looking for the silver lining wherever I might find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom