Orioles 2022 Thread | Syracusefan.com

Orioles 2022 Thread

The O's won a game and it's only April.

Don't panic. You may never see another entry to this thread.
I've always liked their uniform and team colors, so you've got that going for you too.

Going to Os vs Sox on 8/19. Will be nice to get back there.

Going to Os vs Sox on 8/19. Will be nice to get back there.
I used to work downtown. Whenever the Sox or Yankees were in town it was a mess getting past the ballpark which I had to do.

Because the Rochester Red Wings were the Orioles’ affiliate for so long, there are still some fans in this area.
I've been living in Baltimore for over 20 years. The O's and Ravens are what you get. You can't believe how many Central New Yorkers live here. There's more refugees here from the Rust Belt than natives.

The year we won the NC in basketball the Texas game wasn't on local cable. There was a sports bar in Georgetown that was carrying the SU game so I went down. Parking in Georgetown is nearly impossible but I got lucky. You literally couldn't get in the joint with the game. It was that packed. You could see the game through a window. There must have been fifty people watching the game through that window. Many were SU alums. It was wild. Cops kept coming by to make sure no one had an open beverage. Good luck with that.

The 64 Chiefs had a lot of the Tigers that eventually won the World Series. Willie Horton, Jimmy Northrup, Ray Oyler, and Denny McLain. I remember Paul Blair from the Royals running down balls in the gap with some awesome catches.

I've been living in Baltimore for over 20 years. The O's and Ravens are what you get. You can't believe how many Central New Yorkers live here. There's more refugees here from the Rust Belt than natives.

The year we won the NC in basketball the Texas game wasn't on local cable. There was a sports bar in Georgetown that was carrying the SU game so I went down. Parking in Georgetown is nearly impossible but I got lucky. You literally couldn't get in the joint with the game. It was that packed. You could see the game through a window. There must have been fifty people watching the game through that window. Many were SU alums. It was wild. Cops kept coming by to make sure no one had an open beverage. Good luck with that.

The 64 Chiefs had a lot of the Tigers that eventually won the World Series. Willie Horton, Jimmy Northrup, Ray Oyler, and Denny McLain. I remember Paul Blair from the Royals running down balls in the gap with some awesome catches.
I just moved to MD in Dec and my wife and I bought a partial season pack. 13 games, all Sunday afternoon home games. Seems kind of perfect. 1st game is this Sunday against the terrible Yanks.

A Final Four game on CBS wasn’t on local TV?

You ready for Yankees weekend?

1650045015298.jpeg

Laugh now: MLB.com has them winning the WS sooner than the Yankees or Red Sox. Farm system is becoming stacked. Predicting World Series winners from 2021 to 2030
Yeah, I'm hopping on the wagon now. Never really had a favorite baseball team but with the top hitting and pitching prospects along with the #1 pick to draft Andruw Jones son this summer, future looks.....

curb your enthusiasm GIF

Yeah, I'm hopping on the wagon now. Never really had a favorite baseball team but with the top hitting and pitching prospects along with the #1 pick to draft Andruw Jones son this summer, future looks...

curb your enthusiasm GIF
Plus, Rauchsmann (sp) was worth about .50 run a game less ERA when he was behind the plate in AAA.

The big issue for the O's is developing pitching arms out of their system. Right now their better hitters just aren't firing but that will pass. If they can develop the pitching, a run in two to three years is not out of the question.

Turned it over to the guy who drafted for the Astros. He is good at drafting.
Ownership matters. Angelos was never a personnel guy but he still is the majority owner. Baltimore's prospects would improve considerably if that were no longer the case.

I was actually in B'more yesterday (aquarium, after weekend in Ocean City) just as the game was getting out. Loved seeing all the sad faces with their Yankee gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom