Orioles 2022 Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orioles 2022 Thread

I was actually in B'more yesterday (aquarium, after weekend in Ocean City) just as the game was getting out. Loved seeing all the sad faces with their Yankee gear.
I was there and it was pretty enjoyable. Was a bit cold when the winds would pick up. Got bored around the 6th and left to head to Ministry of Beer while it was still 0-0 and watched them win it from there.

Look out Yanks. O's are on a seven game winning streak. The pen has been lights out.
I think they have an important issue with Trey Mancini. Seems to me he is the most beloved Oriole since Ripken. He likely won't be on their WS championship team in 2025, but should they trade him now, or just keep the team chemistry and keep him to teach the young guys. He is still productive, but you can't have him blocking a future cornerstone.

I think they have an important issue with Trey Mancini. Seems to me he is the most beloved Oriole since Ripken. He likely won't be on their WS championship team in 2025, but should they trade him now, or just keep the team chemistry and keep him to teach the young guys. He is still productive, but you can't have him blocking a future cornerstone.
In my opinion Trey is the team's soul. The O's. also, cannot afford to trade away fan favorites.

Fans will forget if the team ends up good in a couple of years.
The team isn't drawing, or at least it wasn't, until this weekend. The team owners are squabbling over who should run the team. There are two brothers involved. There are rumors a new owner may want to move the team. The fans here are more connected to Cal Ripken than any Oriole in the past decade.

I think they've got to win and draw right now.

The team isn't drawing, or at least it wasn't, until this weekend. The team owners are squabbling over who should run the team. There are two brothers involved. There are rumors a new owner may want to move the team. The fans here are more connected to Cal Ripken than any Oriole in the past decade.

Just had 30k plus

Anyone who really follows the Orioles realizes they are really set up for success in the next few years as long as ownership pays a few guys here and there but they have a ton of young talent. But I agree, the need to demonstrate at least a certain amount of success or should I say competence sooner rather than later, this win streak certainly has been nice. They have actually been pretty solid this year.

The fans will be back with more winning ( which they demonstrated this weekend)... sounds familiar.

Last edited:
If the Angelos family were no longer involved in ownership of the Orioles then that would be reason for great optimism. Until then their continued involvement is a negative as it has always been.

Anyone who really follows the Orioles realizes they are really set up for success in the next few years as long as ownership pays a few guys here and there but they have a ton of young talent. But I agree, the need to demonstrate at least a certain amount of success or should I say competence sooner rather than later, this win streak certainly has been nice. They have actually been pretty solid this year.

The fans will be back with more winning ( which they demonstrated this weekend)... sounds familiar.
This weekend they were also giving away hats and the shirts. Also, they cut prices in the right field bleachers to $10 and it looked like the bleachers sold out. A baseball team's inventory is its seats. That inventory depreciates 100% every game whether the seat is sold or not. I'd rather have 100% of $10 than 0% of a $100.

This weekend they were also giving away hats and the shirts. Also, they cut prices in the right field bleachers to $10 and it looked like the bleachers sold out. A baseball team's inventory is its seats. That inventory depreciates 100% every game whether the seat is sold or not. I'd rather have 100% of $10 than 0% of a $100.
i don‘t disagree. I also think if the orioles demonstrated some success they would get more fans and at that point they can join 70% of the major leagues with 60-70% filled stadiums.

My partial seasons are 1st row in the 300s down the 3rd baseline. Was out of the country this weekend and was 1st time of 2 or 3 weekends where I made a nice little profit. Our pair of $20 seats sold for $33 each.

10 in a row. Hell of a run here
In the middle of June they were 11 games over .500. Now they are one game over. They've taken, roughly, a half point off their ERA. All these unknown starters are giving them one great start after another. The pen has been absolute shutdown all season. If the hitting caught up they'd be world beaters.

In the middle of June they were 11 games over .500. Now they are one game over. They've taken, roughly, a half point off their ERA. All these unknown starters are giving them one great start after another. The pen has been absolute shutdown all season. If the hitting caught up they'd be world beaters.

Agreed 3 games out of the wildcard with 63 games left to play. Stay after it!!

Agreed 3 games out of the wildcard with 63 games left to play. Stay after it!!
The O's haven't been hitting that well at all. What's triggered this move was a big improvement among their starters who have kept them in games early. The bullpen has been lights out. Meantime, the O's lost another starter.

1/2 game oy of the last playoff birth right now. Crazy. Got the bats going and just enough starting pitching versus the Jays

1/2 game oy of the last playoff birth right now. Crazy. Got the bats going and just enough starting pitching versus the Jays
I've been waiting for the bottom to fall out and a long losing streak that ends the ride. Hoping to wait a bit longer.

I've been waiting for the bottom to fall out and a long losing streak that ends the ride. Hoping to wait a bit longer.

Yeah, after the Pirates series and the lack of run production they might be in trouble but lots of key hits and home runs past 2 games.

Trying this lottery ticket tonight

Attachments

• Let’s go O’s.png
    Let’s go O’s.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 39

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online