Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG" | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG"

Think OG leads in yards, TD’s, targets

Think Isaiah has a chance to lead receptions

I think IJ is going to light it up. Those two are a tough match up. Throw in Alford and you have 3 NFL sized players to cover. Allen out of the backfield and Pena and this is a very potent offense.

I’ve been high on Jones being the one who is most likely going to step up at WR. I’ve thought that ever since before last season started after Anae’s comments in the spring game about him being the most productive WR that spring. But if you think he’s going to outperform OG I think you’ll be disappointed. just because he may be the best WR on the roster doesn’t mean he is going to be very close to OG in production. For one I think that comment was excluding OG as OG is a TE. And Jones development was likely set back a tad because of last years injury The fact that he started 3 or 4 games last year without showing too much production should temper your expectations a bit. He could be solid but I don’t expect him to be spectacular in 2023.

Also I think the hybrid TE seems to be more of a focal point position in this offense. I Also think it’s just more likely for that position to be a favorite target for Shrader as he doesn’t have a really strong arm and the deep outs and accuracy on go routes to wideouts on the outside aren’t exactly his strength. But maybe surgery in his elbow can help improve his game in those areas.
He didn't say anything about outperforming. Read his comment again. He said he thinks he'll get nearly as many targets because OG will attract the bulk of attention from opposing defenses. Then his last sentence complimented OG, saying he's an NFL player.

He didn't say anything about outperforming. Read his comment again. He said he thinks he'll get nearly as many targets because OG will attract the bulk of attention from opposing defenses. Then his last sentence complimented OG, saying he's an NFL player.
The discussion was about receptions and not targets. I don’t think that’s going to happen even with the attention OG is going to get. But if it does that would be great.

There is a non 0 chance we see 2016 WR numbers. 1 dominant guy (Amba then OG now) and a few other guys in the 50-90 reception range

It’s the deepest crew from bottom to top since then in my view

The discussion was about receptions and not targets. I don’t think that’s going to happen even with the attention OG is going to get. But if it does that would be great.
If the discussion was about receptions, why did you say "outperform" in the comment I responded to when he didn't say that? He clearly said he believed OG would have the bigger impact. It's almost like you were searching for disrespect of OG that wasn't there.

I hope OG has a huge year. I hope other guys do too. We need balance, both for our team success and so teams can't just focus on any indivudual and shut them down.

If the discussion was about receptions, why did you say "outperform" in the comment I responded to when he didn't say that? He clearly said he believed OG would have the bigger impact. It's almost like you were searching for disrespect of OG that wasn't there.

I hope OG has a huge year. I hope other guys do too. We need balance, both for our team success and so teams can't just focus on any indivudual and shut them down.
Because more targets is not outperforming. But if somebody gets more receptions than OG you “could” consider that outperforming him no? Not searching for disrespect towards OG at all. And I’d love better balance as we all would. I just don’t think somebody will get more receptions than him.

Because more targets is not outperforming. But if somebody gets more receptions than OG you “could” consider that outperforming him no? Not searching for disrespect towards OG at all. And I’d love better balance as we all would. I just don’t think somebody will get more receptions than him.
No it wouldn't be considered outperforming. Not if OG has more yards, TD's, and targets as was said in post #252. It would be similar to Sean Riley and Jamal Custis in 2018. You're latching on to a prediction of one stat that wasn't even stated strongly and ignoring the others that were predicted he would lead.

It's fine that you think nobody will get more receptions than him. There's a good chance you're right. It just doesn't make sense to expand someone else's reasonable comment to say more than what was said.

Tampa newspaper questioning why native Fla football players are leaving the state to play college football. #1 Oronde Gadsden II.

Lol, Dallas Turner. Appreciate his honesty.

Those are all valid reasons. Under-recruited, being able to start, Bama being Bama, coaching stability, etc.

Seems fair on all accounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom