Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG" | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG"

That same guy who gave up on routes

That same guy who was out muscled against a scrap trash BC team
The BC thing is hilarious to me as this great play that offends so many. The other dude is trying to make a play too!

Giving up on routes, I mean, I don't know. Passing game had issues. I'm sure it happened sometimes. There also seems to be a lot of miscommunication.

The dude in his first real playing time had a better year than board darling Alford had until this season, but sure, he's got no future. If Fran Brown gives him the talk I trust his assessment, but the fan takes on Hatcher are just dumb.

Great news. With his “10-12 month” recovery time, there will be lots of opportunities for the new guys to prove themselves.

Allen, Villari, OG, Barron, Wax and McDonald imo are the only guarenteed starters if they come back.

Caleb’s gotta continue grinding it out and realizing his potential. Same with Sparrow and Thompson.

Thats just my opinion

I watched every Georgia game this year have for years. Every week someone different has a big game. And they have a ton of contributors always. That’s what makes them elite. Punching from every angle
Dan Villari is not Brock Bowers but Fran clearly saw how you can feature the TE big-time in an offense.

Allen, Villari, OG, Barron, Wax and McDonald imo are the only guarenteed starters if they come back.

Caleb’s gotta continue grinding it out and realizing his potential. Same with Sparrow and Thompson.

Thats just my opinion
I think it’s more about quality 2 deep guys right now and what that looks like. The starters will figure themslves out. DB’s, OL, DL, WR’s, QB need a complete rebuild.

We need to get as many of the HS’ers early enrolled as possible. That’s critical.

My gut says half the roster needs to be turned over this offseason. Frans already identified 24 kids - so about 16 more to go.

I don’t expect us to go 5 wide much. Fran is going to play power football. Would think he goes back to more traditional sets., I think OG moves to wideout and Zeed/Ross/Hornsby compete for the other Wr spot. I think Tremble is going to push Villari too. And I expect a rotation of LQA/Willis where LQA gets 75% of snaps.

I’m not sure many of the wideouts from the Dino era get much play.

2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB set could be a serious issue for most opposing teams we play next year.

Yeah, it sounds like it's going to be a more pro style offense. The NFL has shifted back towards more heavy sets with players who can line up everywhere to create matchup advantages (see: Shanahan offense)

Hopefully this can lead to more SU skill players (RB/WR/TE) getting drafted to the NFL

I think it’s more about quality 2 deep guys right now and what that looks like. The starters will figure themslves out. DB’s, OL, DL, WR’s, QB need a complete rebuild.

We need to get as many of the HS’ers early enrolled as possible. That’s critical.

My gut says half the roster needs to be turned over this offseason. Frans already identified 24 kids - so about 16 more to go.
Don't be surprised if after last night the number being asked to leave isn't closer to 25.

Don't be surprised if after last night the number being asked to leave isn't closer to 25.

Is everyone returning back to Syracuse today, or are kids allowed to go directly home for Xmas?

I'd assume that Fran would like to talk to everyone individually before the holiday.

Or maybe he already has.

I don’t expect us to go 5 wide much. Fran is going to play power football. Would think he goes back to more traditional sets., I think OG moves to wideout and Zeed/Ross/Hornsby compete for the other Wr spot. I think Tremble is going to push Villari too. And I expect a rotation of LQA/Willis where LQA gets 75% of snaps.

I’m not sure many of the wideouts from the Dino era get much play.
Agreed on OG. But I believe the RB split will gradually evolve to more of a 50/50 split. I think Willis's 4.4 speed and large frame will lead to a lot of explosives - and he's going to be hard to keep off the field bc of it. LQA is a great, versatile back w/ big heart but he's not really a home run hitter - I'd guess he's a high 4.5-4.6 guy. Willis's sub 4.5 speed looks legit on tape. Hart also may force his way into the rotation.

Back to OG, unless he gets significantly bigger, I think his NFL position will be WR so it makes sense to let him play the position his final year at SU.

P

We’ve heard it corroborated by an insider who heard it directly from OG’s parents.

But you do you, and keep doubting.
Re-read my post…I said I think he’ll be back. I was just pointing out that DT tweeting it means nothing. Also fwiw llandz said “she didn’t hear it from OG’s parents”. It was other parents and I’m sure is legit. Thanks though

Last edited:
^ This….although I do think he’ll be back I’d rather hear it from the horse’s mouth or a more credible source of media
He posted it as of several hours ago and no second, third or fourth confirmations from anybody else. Tortellini is an amateur, he wanted Don McPherson as our next football coach, a great guy and player but never coached anywhere at any level. I thought Tortellini was joking but apparently he was serious.

P

We’ve heard it corroborated by an insider who heard it directly from OG’s parents.

But you do you, and keep doubting.
we had insiders who had Dan Mullen as our head coach but I want to believe this. If we get a healthy OG back by conference play that would be outstanding.

Reactions: A
Yeah I won’t believe this until it’s from a real source. The Twitter stuff and hearsay has burned me before..

• Love
Reactions: A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom