Oshae Brissett | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

Another recruiting report ( twenty-four something) had him ranked at 3 stars and #138 overall. I am sure if Syracuse staff wants him, then there are several strong reasons to have him.

That's his average on all sites. 24/7 is Jerry Meyers site.

Classic sleeper that will blow up in his senior year and be a solid top 100 guy. Was concerned about his height but I guess he has had a growth spurt.

Don't worry about his rankings. Not enough exposure. People that have really scouted him already have him in the Top 100 and a solid 4 star. He is a great way to start the class off.

Last edited:
So he's more of a 4 year guy than immediate impact?

That's what we thought about Jerami too...

We'd certainly happily 'settle' for another Robey or KrisJo-type career from this kid.

How about this comparison for Brissett:

Jabari Parker

Obviously not as good, since Parker was #1 in his class and a top-5 pick, but Brissett looks to have some attributes that Parker excelled at: size, versatility, and aggressiveness near the rim.

His game and body remind me a lot of Michael Kidd-Gilcrest. Obviously not as polished and at the level MKG was at while he dominated the high school/aau ranks while being an underclassman but his 6'8" wiry frame and slashing/high energy game and inconsistent outside shot at this time screams a poor man's MKG to me.

Does a bear s!&t in the woods?
meh.ro9289.jpg

His game and body remind me a lot of Michael Kidd-Gilcrest. Obviously not as polished and at the level MKG was at while he dominated the high school/aau ranks while being an underclassman but his 6'8" wiry frame and slashing/high energy game and inconsistent outside shot at this time screams a poor man's MKG to me.

Seems like a straight up PF to me, without the perimeter skills needed to play the 3. A couple of quick observations:
  • Kid looks every bit of 6-8 / 6-9
  • He's bulked up from last year, too -- solid frame
  • Handles the ball okay in the open floor [which is easy to do]
  • His offensive game is all inside, and is predicated upon attacking the basket
  • Very athletic and quick
  • Looks to me like this kid projects as an inside player -- runner / rejector / pogo stick type
  • He likes to face up and drive, using his quickness
  • I can understand why he is a riser in the rankings, because he's got a lot of athletic tools
I don't necessarily see him as a first year starter [that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to contribute in a reserve capacity]. Very good athlete, decent frame to build on. Seems like a quality "get," with the tools to be a quality PF in our system.

ESPN's scouting report on him (updated yesterday) says that he's a decent shooter...in the bits that I've seen of him, that would surprise me.

His playing style seems to be very similar to Roberson IMO, but he's not nearly as stiff an athlete as Tyler. Roberson is very athletic, but he's pretty much a straight line guy, whereas O'shae seems pretty fluid.

ESPN's scouting report on him (updated yesterday) says that he's a decent shooter...in the bits that I've seen of him, that would surprise me.

His playing style seems to be very similar to Roberson IMO, but he's not nearly as stiff an athlete as Tyler. Roberson is very athletic, but he's pretty much a straight line guy, whereas O'shae seems pretty fluid.
I haven't watched enough tape on him to have an intelligent opinion but if this is true that is a good thing. We need kids like that in the program. Is he as good of a rebounder as Roberson has become when focused or is the comparison just a he is a good rebounder so I will compare him to Roberson since everyone acknowledges Roberson does that well. Great commit and cool he did it with Melo there and the Rautins thing was cool too.

I haven't watched enough tape on him to have an intelligent opinion but if this is true that is a good thing. We need kids like that in the program. Is he as good of a rebounder as Roberson has become when focused or is the comparison just a he is a good rebounder so I will compare him to Roberson since everyone acknowledges Roberson does that well. Great commit and cool he did it with Melo there and the Rautins thing was cool too.

Seems that his rebounding, and more specifically, his overall tenaciousness is something that all the scouts agree on. Seems like another in a long line of "play hard, run the lanes in transition, and struggle in the halfcourt" type of guy. One of the videos that Rivals put out certainly shows off how tenacious he is attacking the rim. Seems to struggle to actually finish, but draws a ton of fouls.

in the clips bouncing around he can A) handle the ball pretty well for a big and B) displays pretty nice form on the jumper. comparing him to Roberson, Brissett looks more advanced.

He kind of reminds me of Hakim Warrick. He is a great athlete, needs to put on some weight, mostly inside game, high motor.

I don't know how trustworthy Max Preps numbers are, but looking at his FIBA numbers, a couple other events where stats are tracked, and his Max Preps page, his shooting totals are:

2 Pointers:
116/215 - 54%

3 Pointers:
17/56 - 30.4%

Combined:
133/271 - 49.1%

Free Throws:
108/190 - 56.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member