Oshae Brissett | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

Good thing Lorenzo Romar can't coach for his life. He just lost to Yale, and somehow underachieves yearly with great talent. He had two top picks on last years squad, a top 5 proposed pick for next year in Fultz, and guaranteed top 10 pick in 2018 with Porter Jr. Dude can certainly recruit. Amazing how he has lasted out there. They must not care that much about actually getting into the tournament.

What they lost to Yale? Ouch!

What they lost to Yale? Ouch!
Without Yale's best player, the kid who went nuts in the NCAA's last year, tore his ACL last week and is out for the year.

We need to hire Romar as lead recruiting "quality control guy" (like the football side does) when Hop takes over.

He kind of reminds me of Hakim Warrick. He is a great athlete, needs to put on some weight, mostly inside game, high motor.
I don't see Hakim from the tape. There are quotes out that he is "freakishly athletic" but I don't really see him playing above the rim. He seems to be more of a CJ/Jerami type of player but without their vertical.

cuse2013 said:
I don't see Hakim from the tape. There are quotes out that he is "freakishly athletic" but I don't really see him playing above the rim. He seems to be more of a CJ/Jerami type of player but without their vertical.

I tend to agree, I don't think he is the athlete Hakim was. What I see is a kid who is very aggressive to the hoop with a non stop motor. He also has developing skills, it is difficult to evaluate by highlights. Alls I know is the coaches wanted him, so I'm happy.

I wouldn't say freak athlete so much as I'd say he seems very fluid as an athlete and is willing to attack the basket with some serious aggression.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy or anything but we've offered 12 ESPN top 100 guys, still have zero while 5 have committed to other schools. At the end of the day, we need to get some of these top 50 guys. We're not going to get 2 5th year guys that are as capable as Gillon and White every year.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy or anything but we've offered 12 ESPN top 100 guys, still have zero while 5 have committed to other schools. At the end of the day, we need to get some of these top 50 guys. We're not going to get 2 5th year guys that are as capable as Gillon and White every year.

Safe to say that will never happen again.

Quade Brisset Sidibe and 1 of Hami/Tucker would be more than solid. Both would be outstanding. Neither and the class is mildly disappointing.

Safe to say that will never happen again.

I think you could literally build a team around those two guys, outstanding.

Quade Brisset Sidibe and 1 of Hami/Tucker would be more than solid. Both would be outstanding. Neither and the class is mildly disappointing.

Would love that and would be amazing for the program, but that would be a daunting task.

They got any of them point guards?

IMG_0027.JPG

This video of Brissett is pretty impressive. Looks like he goes up against Nick Richards at 1:30. Richards tried to post him up and Brissett blocked his shot easy. Then takes it at him a few times. Looks like he doesn't mind contact at all. Guys are hacking him constantly in this video. Took coast to coast and dunked on that one skinny center that looks about 7'2".

This video of Brissett is pretty impressive. Looks like he goes up against Nick Richards at 1:30. Richards tried to post him up and Brissett blocked his shot easy. Then takes it at him a few times. Looks like he doesn't mind contact at all. Guys are hacking him constantly in this video. Took coast to coast and dunked on that one skinny center that looks about 7'2".

That is definitely Richards who he blocked.

I think Brissett has the potential to be a stud defender on the wing in the zone. He's long, rangy and quick. He also seems to be a very aggressive player on both ends. I could see him shooting a lot of FT's the way he attacks the basket.

Kid is a STUD athlete.

As a recruit, he reminds me a lot of Dane Miller -- only Dane Miller stopped growing at 6-6, whereas this kid sprouted up to 6-8 or 6-9, which makes him a high major PF prospect.

Oh Dane...one of the few D1 guys that I was able to play against in my day. I was always hoping he'd pan out even though he went to Rutgers.

Kid is a STUD athlete.

As a recruit, he reminds me a lot of Dane Miller -- only Dane Miller stopped growing at 6-6, whereas this kid sprouted up to 6-8 or 6-9, which makes him a high major PF prospect.

I recall Dane Miller seemed to play well against us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom