Oshae Brissett | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

That's beyond video game numbers. I don't even know how's that's possible. Amazing.
You must be young. Chamberlain and Russell would put up those numbers twice a week. Of course, the NBA league shooting pct. back then was probably under .400, so there were many rebounds to be had.

You must be young. Chamberlain and Russell would put up those numbers twice a week. Of course, the NBA league shooting pct. back then was probably under .400, so there were many rebounds to be had.

Well, I know of their numbers but like you said, lots of rebounds but they were also legit giants being guarded by much smaller less athletic players.

I respect the numbers back in those days but it's just a totally different games.

Well, I know of their numbers but like you said, lots of rebounds but they were also legit giants being guarded by much smaller less athletic players.

I respect the numbers back in those days but it's just a totally different games.
I would not characterize Russell as a "giant"--he was a slender 6'9". And there were other good big men--Nate Thurmond, Walt Bellamy, Willis Reed and even Jerry Lucas, who had big rebounding numbers while also being able to draw his opponent away from the hoop with his perimeter shot.

I have to admit - I love your optimism on the board.

You'd love the team next year even if I was in the starting rotation.

You can take Quade Green and various recruits from us. Father Time can take away Boeheim and force regime change. We can lose stupid games and heartbreakers. But some things will never change year to year. We have exciting young talent. We have the dome. We have a top 5 fanbase and dome dogs still taste good while drunk.

...Also think Battle and Thompson are a strong strong core.

I would not characterize Russell as a "giant"--he was a slender 6'9". And there were other good big men--Nate Thurmond, Walt Bellamy, Willis Reed and even Jerry Lucas, who had big rebounding numbers while also being able to draw his opponent away from the hoop with his perimeter shot.
People always talk bout how there were no other big men at that time. It always get brought up to me because I think Wilt Chamberlain is the Greatest Player of all Time. Better than Jordan, Magic, Jabbar. All of them.

You can take Quade Green and various recruits from us. Father Time can take away Boeheim and force regime change. We can lose stupid games and heartbreakers. But some things will never change year to year. We have exciting young talent. We have the dome. We have a top 5 fanbase and dome dogs still taste good while drunk.

...Also think Battle and Thompson are a strong strong core.

I like our team for next year too and really think Lydon should stay one more year. He's playing at a development league level and needs more practice at being the man. Another year with him being one of main focuses of other teams defenses would do wonders for him...

I like our team for next year too and really think Lydon should stay one more year. He's playing at a development league level and needs more practice at being the man. Another year with him being one of main focuses of other teams defenses would do wonders for him...
Honestly, I think you people are nuts. Next year's team will be a train wreck...

Honestly, I think you people are nuts. Next year's team will be a train wreck...
The only chance we have of being competitive is if Frank is still here and makes a huge jump in performance(the chances of both of those occurring aren't very good), or if JB finally gives the ball to Tyus to play PG. I think our offense going through Tyus and TT can be adequate. Now defensively, we could see anything from as bad as this year to as good as the past and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if either occurred. There are so many question marks, that I can't say we will be good, or if it'll be a train wreck. I can say for 100% fact, that it's going to be very interesting to say the least!!!!

The only chance we have of being competitive is if Frank is still here and makes a huge jump in performance(the chances of both of those occurring aren't very good), or if JB finally gives the ball to Tyus to play PG. I think our offense going through Tyus and TT can be adequate. Now defensively, we could see anything from as bad as this year to as good as the past and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if either occurred. There are so many question marks, that I can't say we will be good, or if it'll be a train wreck. I can say for 100% fact, that it's going to be very interesting to say the least!!!!

Do we have a starting caliber SF for next year's team? Moyer, even though he can't shoot?

Do we have a starting caliber SF for next year's team? Moyer, even though he can't shoot?

No, we don't -- not on the current roster or in the current class we've lined up.

Should he stay? All SU fans would hope that he does. Besides not being able to create his own shot, what more can he do to improve? He is who he is; an NBA three that can stretch the floor with a mid/long range game. He won't be bullying anyone in the post at the next level.

Next year's team should be the building blocks for long-term health by having guys who are three to four year players.

Did you see the little note at the bottom that Oshae and Howard Washington will be at the Duke game tonight? If he thought Midnight Madness was nuts, he's going to be blown away.

As long as he makes a respectable amount (30%?) of his WIDE open looks(needs to take good shots when he gets them), which I think is possible, just to keep defenses semi aware that he can "shoot", I think that will help him, because he does attack the basket. Hopefully, our set of bigs will be much improved than this year, which I think is the only certainty we have for next year.

Our "offense" (I put that in quotes because I'm not sure we really run one sometimes) will have to be much different. Our three point chucking offense that we are running this year, can and should be gone. At this point, Battle will be our only consistent outside threat. We will have an absolute offensive stud inside the arc with TT. I would expect a Rak(senior) like year offensively for him, if he plays enough "defense" without fouling, to stay on the court.

The biggest issue we are still going to face is if our defense is going to improve or not. Offensive woes aside, our defense is the reason we aren't winning these games. There haven't been too many games in the past that we score 70 plus points and don't win. This "zone" this year, is pretty historically bad!

There are so many ifs on next years roster...I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up having a great year, and I wouldn't be surprised if we were worse than this year!!

Every time I see a post like this and then RF2044's response, I always pray that these kids don't read these boards. Just hideous.

Every time I see a post like this and then RF2044's response, I always pray that these kids don't read these boards. Just hideous.

Just stop. There is nothing controversial about my response. Moyer doesn't shoot that well, and doesn't have the game of a 3. Pegging him for that role would mean that our offensive balance would be atrocious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom