Oshae Brissett | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

Last edited:
I'm glad oshea was there but it would be nice if we had important recruits there. with such a huge and impressive game all we had was a player already committed and a player that we haven't offered yet that would jump at an offer any time it came

Here are some highlights:

Jordan Lyons - 2017 Canadian Forward (Brampton, Ontario) - Northpolehoops.com

Edit--very little insight provided by those clips about his skill level. Mostly all clips of him dunking. Kid's a high flyer.

*Those highlights are from a couple years ago.

*Like I said, very athletic wing.. can jump out of the gym. Not a lot of offers and still uncommitted. Probably just tagging along with OB...

*Here are the highlights from the game I mentioned earlier today...

Those highlights were from his 14-15 season so maybe he has developed a bit of a jump shot or a floor game since then. :noidea:

*Like I said, very athletic wing.. can jump out of the gym. Not a lot of offers and still uncommitted. Probably just tagging along with OB...

Well, thanks for pointing that out. I had difficulty finding stuff on this guy--there was more available on a player with the same name who ended up at Furman, a smaller guard.

So maybe he does have a more developed game. I wasn't that impressed with the highlight film linked above. Don't get me wrong--kid is clearly an athlete, but seemed to lack wing skills he'd need to play in the ACC. Maybe that isn't the case anymore.

Well, thanks for pointing that out. I had difficulty finding stuff on this guy--there was more available on a player with the same name who ended up at Furman, a smaller guard.

So maybe he does have a more developed game. I wasn't that impressed with the highlight film linked above. Don't get me wrong--kid is clearly an athlete, but seemed to lack wing skills he'd need to play in the ACC. Maybe that isn't the case anymore.
I would say your assessment is on point. He is a nice player, but not quite the caliber of player we should be going after. Hopefully he finds a school and has a successful college career somewhere.

Yeah, AI's coach brought 4 players to the game.

I'm glad oshea was there but it would be nice if we had important recruits there. with such a huge and impressive game all we had was a player already committed and a player that we haven't offered yet that would jump at an offer any time it came
A Wednesday night when schools are in session are probably tough for most kids to make it. Hence way we see a lot of weekend visits. Duarte and Ayala have already been here a few times

I really see this kid being a big contributor next year. He is so aggressive that he will get boards and buckets if he stays out of foul trouble. I see him as a surprise like Thompson but much better defensively and with a higher motor. I don't expect the jumpshooting to be as good as Thompson, but he looks like a garbage bucket machine.

is this kid 6'8?

I've seen everywhere from 6'5 to 6'9 with his scouting reports.

He is a legit 6'8.

Is he versatile enough to play the 3 in our system? Looks lean, quick and just about as athletic as anyone on the court. Doesn't seem to have a 18 footer but then again, we have literally no 3's and it'd be a mistake to shift Tyus over.

Is he versatile enough to play the 3 in our system? Looks lean, quick and just about as athletic as anyone on the court. Doesn't seem to have a 18 footer but then again, we have literally no 3's and it'd be a mistake to shift Tyus over.
I would say that he's a standard 4. He is very athletic in his build but doesn't have the shooting capabilities or ball handling at this point to be considered a three. I see him and Moyer battling each other for minutes this year, and I'm a little more bullish on Brissett because he is more athletic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom