Oshae Brissett | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

competition looks a bit soft

competition looks a bit soft
Yeah, agree completely I like Oshae and his game, but I'm really not sold on his competition. I think he's going to be one of those guys who experiences a tough transition to the college game.

He is a phenomenal athlete and he has clearly worked a ton on his jump shot. Hard to tell if he will contribute next year, but with an athlete like that, there is a chance.

I'm super excited about this guy. He's exactly the kind of player we need. Long, defends, boards, runs great, and looks pretty good in transition.

That was Oshae's stat line tonight. 29 boards.. you read that correctly. Kid has a motor and then some.

I know that a lot of our fans aren't excited about Brissett and Sidibe, but I think most are going to be extremely surprised by what we landed last fall. Both of these guys project to be studs in our system.

That was Oshae's stat line tonight. 29 boards.. you read that correctly. Kid has a motor and then some.

Who gets credit for Oshae? With Hop leaving, any of his commits at risk?

Video looks a lot like what we hoped Tyler Roberson to be; instinctual, fluid and non-robotic. Actually looks like videos when TR was at Roselle Catholic bf he was Boeheimed

Last edited:
Video looks a lot like what we hoped Tyler Roberson to be; instinctual, fluid and non-robotic. Actually looks like videos when TR was at Roselle catholic bf he was Boeheimed

I think Brissett has more confidence. He's not afraid of the spotlight. I really loved Robey, but he was always worried. Not JBs fault. Shae is gonna be a monster, in my humble opinion. I think he could be the guy that could play at the 3, and hit over 30 percent from deep.

I think Brissett has more confidence. He's not afraid of the spotlight. I really loved Robey, but he was always worried. Not JBs fault. Shae is gonna be a monster, in my humble opinion. I think he could be the guy that could play at the 3, and hit over 30 percent from deep.
Not JBs fault, respectfully disagree. I agree that Robey lacked confidence and seemed to wilt under JBs pressure, but JB did a horrible job "coaching" him up. Calling him out in multiple PC is not the way to motivate a mentally fragile athlete

Not JBs fault, respectfully disagree. I agree that Robey lacked confidence and seemed to wilt under JBs pressure, but JB did a horrible job "coaching" him up. Calling him out in multiple PC is not the way to motivate a mentally fragile athlete

It is what it is. Robey played hard, and helped us win. I think JB got as much out of him as possible. Wish Tyler the best, and hope he does well wherever the world takes him.

Onto the future. Brissett looks like a player. Many think he's just a PF, but I think he can dribble, and shoot well enough to be a 3. Either way, he's a key piece to our foundation for the future.

I know that a lot of our fans aren't excited about Brissett and Sidibe, but I think most are going to be extremely surprised by what we landed last fall. Both of these guys project to be studs in our system.

I'm with you, RF. Both of these guys are much better than most think. Sidibe will get "discovered" in the Jordan Classic.

I have been very high on Brissett from the start. He is going to play and contribute significantly as a Freshman. Impact recruit.

I'm with you, RF. Both of these guys are much better than most think. Sidibe will get "discovered" in the Jordan Classic.

I have been very high on Brissett from the start. He is going to play and contribute significantly as a Freshman. Impact recruit.
Not sure how much he contributes as a Freshman but man I am excited about this guy, late bloomer and extremely high ceiling. Plus Leo loves him so he has to be good right. How about Leo for assistant coach. We lock down the top Canuck each year!

Not sure how much he contributes as a Freshman but man I am excited about this guy, late bloomer and extremely high ceiling. Plus Leo loves him so he has to be good right. How about Leo for assistant coach. We lock down the top Canuck each year!
If that landed us Barrett, then I am all for bringing Leo on board.

And maybe, just maybe, OB will use his Jamaican roots to help with the recruitment of Isaiah Stewart from Rochester.

Good article here: Syracuse basketball recruit Oshae Brissett 'fits the mold' of Orange wing players (video)

Some key points related to current topic:
"Adrian Autry, who was his primary recruiter, told him he could impact the Orange defensively in his first season in Syracuse because he could "jump passing lanes and block shots from the weak side."

"In its Canadian basketball league, Athlete Institute plays from the FIBA 3-point distance of 22 feet, 2 inches, which has helped stretch Brissett's shooting range. (The American high school 3-point line measures 19-9 and the NCAA 3-point line measures 20-9.)"

I think those 2 quotes in particular signal that OB will play the 3 at Cuse, which will allow TB to stay at 2 with TT/MM at the 4. We still need another 3 either Tucker or Grad Xfer.

Rowan's boy, he and Leo are tight, I may actually be talking myself into this? hmmmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom