Oshae Brissett: Celtics | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: Celtics

I wonder if Guerrier's decision is affected at all by Oshae's success. He's in a very similar situation as Oshae was. A Forward from Canada who played 2 years at Syracuse and is a borderline late draft pick.

That's your takeaway? Interesting.
i mean...its all gravy at this point. BUUUUT ...have you seen the salaries lately?

there's some bobo players getting 8 figures in the league at the moment...

1 point something mil each for the next 3 years (!) that type of production is highway robbery for the pacers...a 1 or 2 year deal woulda been better, imo.

Weird stuff happens with the Pacers.

Almost reminiscent of Tyler Hansbrough's crazy run with the Pacers around 10 years ago

However, I am rooting for O'Shae about 1000x more than Tyler here, and hopefully he can stick around for a long time in the NBA

He’s always been this talented. Could never put it all together like we had hoped at SU. Glad he got a shot and is making the most of it.

Awesome to hear that Oshae is bringing his A-game at the highest level of the sport.

Always loved his game in Orange. It was unpolished but he had all the skills.

Hopefully he can get himself a nice contract.

He just did. 3 years.
Oh snap... guess I should have read. I just saw his stat line in the NBA thread and assumed the movement in this thread was because of that.

Happy for OB... one of my favorites through our regular season lull era.

This post is not intended as a knock on Brissett in any way -- kid had a great attitude, he played hard, and he was well-liked by the coaching staff and his teammates when he played here.

But I think there is a residual frustration by a segment of the fanbase by how his performance slipped in his second year. Brissett always had NBA tools, athleticism, strength, etc. but he always struggled to put it together on the court [note the shooting percentages]. Also, there was a tangible dip in his production in his second year, including a tail-off of his three point / free throw shooting -- after he'd shown promise during his freshman year on both fronts. Here's the stats:

1619102954903.png

My recollection of his sophomore season was that he started out appearing to try to show off his small forward skills by being more perimeter oriented, but the results were subpar -- so he got coached "hard" by JB to tone it down and attack more. And as a coachable kid, he got the message, but the results were semi-disappointing overall, because he didn't make the sophomore leap many expected after the strong freshman campaign.

Looks like he's ironed out the shooting, which is great. As an undrafted free agent, he was very lucky [IMO] that Nurse, the head coach of the Raptors, took an interest in him and gave him a shot. Not all 2nd round picks / undrafted guys get that opportunity.

And he continued to show improvement, even at the G-League level, which put him in position to make the most of being called up on a 10-day contract. Kudos to him for working hard and capitalizing. We need more guys in the NBA.

Last edited:
I’m usually mature enough to articulate myself without cursing but LET’S FU**ING GO!

I don’t care if a kid plays 4 years or 4 minutes in Orange, they’re Orange for life.
I don’t care if a kid leaves early for the pros, and I don’t care if a kid never gets off the bench at SU. They are all Orange. But if a kid leaves to go to another school, good luck. Not Orange. Sorry Kadary.

All of Oshae’s points except FTs.

Never in a million years did I think we would see Oshae putting some Kyrie style spin on the ball to make a layup. He is supposed to be half selling the call while barely hitting the backboard on the shot! He clearly worked his butt off and now he gets the rewards. Happy for him and proud of him.

I don’t care if a kid leaves early for the pros, and I don’t care if a kid never gets off the bench at SU. They are all Orange. But if a kid leaves to go to another school, good luck. Not Orange. Sorry Kadary.

Did you let BJs dad know?

Lots of kids have come back after transferring & some even played w/ Boeheim’s Army.
Kadary was a major factor in some wins last year. He wore the uniform and imo, that makes him an Orangeman for life.

Does circumstance apply here at all?

If a player commits here and then realizes they are being recruited over, why hate on them for transferring. They only have one chance at playing ball in college. I’ll always root for a guy in that situation.

I know that’s not Kadary, but he’s not typically the guy we’ve lost to the transfer process.

Rrrr Trying to watch Oshae v Jeremy. Detroit v Indiana. Can't find a feed anywhere.

Rrrr Trying to watch Oshae v Jeremy. Detroit v Indiana. Can't find a feed anywhere.
Here you go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom