Oshae Brissett: Celtics | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: Celtics

Didn’t score in the second half but was the leading rebounder with 11. Don’t know why he didn’t shoot much. Was 3-8. So he ended with 11 pts, 11 rebs, 2 asts and 1 blk. Pacers won again beating the Pistons. Jeremy Grant had 25 and 5.

With his recent run Oshae is top 50 in PER. Will see if he keeps it up. He hasn't played enough to qualify that being recognized but that still is pretty cool.

Were pacers smart to lock him up so quickly? Would seem yes but I’m not great at nba contracts.
Yes but also I believe after the second 10 day contract the player is either a free agent again or they have to offer a contract to keep the player on their roster.

That does appear to be the case according to this website (no idea if it's credible, it was the first hit on my Google search): 10 day contract.

Does circumstance apply here at all?

If a player commits here and then realizes they are being recruited over, why hate on them for transferring. They only have one chance at playing ball in college. I’ll always root for a guy in that situation.

I know that’s not Kadary, but he’s not typically the guy we’ve lost to the transfer process.
Matt Roe will always be an SU guy even though he played his last year at Maryland.

Yes but also I believe after the second 10 day contract the player is either a free agent again or they have to offer a contract to keep the player on their roster.

That does appear to be the case according to this website (no idea if it's credible, it was the first hit on my Google search): 10 day contract.

a team can sign a player to a total of 2 10 day contracts. After that they either have to give them a contract thru at least the end of the season or the player is a FA.

Halftime tonight Oshae only has 2 points but again is the leading rebounder with only 4. He got into foul trouble with 3 and sat the final 10 mins. He only took 1 shot. The 3 guards they start took 29. I guess they are a guard heavy team. He only took 1 shot last night in the second half.

Halftime tonight Oshae only has 2 points but again is the leading rebounder with only 4. He got into foul trouble with 3 and sat the final 10 mins. He only took 1 shot. The 3 guards they start took 29. I guess they are a guard heavy team. He only took 1 shot last night in the second half.

Magic throw quite a bit of size at you in the frontcourt. Good test for him to learn. Plus like you said guards are dominating and shooting well.

10/7 looks to be his final line unless he comes in again here as Pacers are rolling. +27 for the game

I am happy the Raptors gave him a chance. They do a good job developing non drafted / 2nd rounders and I am sure he benefitted from that. His offensive game seems to be miles ahead of where he was last year, but even then he did not get some (not much) non garbage time because Nurse liked what he brought defensively.

I am disappointed the Raps decided to go with another player (probably Yuta Watanabe) over Brissett this year. Obviously they had some interest as they gave him a nice guarantee to come to camp but in the end he lost out. Seems like it may have been a bad roster choice.

Ok, interesting stuff in that Axe article that Brissett had Raptor and Team Canada ties to the Pacers HC, and that his deal is only guaranteed for this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom