OT: A little mass exodus of players at BC ? | Syracusefan.com

OT: A little mass exodus of players at BC ?

CuseLegacy

Boston College released its official spring roster on Tuesday, and there are 20 underclassmen who are not going through spring practice. Of those 20, only two are walk-ons.
As of right now, none of these players are expected to return to the program.

Freshman wide receiver Nigel Matthews
Sophomore defensive back Al Louis-Jean, Jr.
Junior wide receiver Spiffy Evans
Sophomore quarterback Christian Suntrup
Freshman quarterback Mack Lowrie
Freshman quarterback Austin Lommen
Junior running back Tahj Kimble
Junior defensive back James McCaffrey
Junior defensive back Ted Davenport
Junior tight end Carmen Dello Iacono*
Junior defensive back Spenser Rositano
Junior linebacker Connor Galligan*
Sophomore defensive lineman Kieran Borcich
Freshman linebacker Michael Gaffney
Sophomore offensive lineman Victor Nelson
Freshman offensive lineman Win Homer
Sophomore wide receiver Brian Miller
Sophomore wide receiver Marcus Grant
Junior tight end C.J. Parsons
Junior defensive lineman Dominic Appiah
*Indicates walk-on

Can't be. Farrell said they are all 5* kids :crazy:
It must be true if he said it .They aren't Rutgers where everyone they bring into a program is the one who will bring a championship. Really the fans think this . Having lived and worked in that state,its the thinking by their fans.

Boston College released its official spring roster on Tuesday, and there are 20 underclassmen who are not going through spring practice. Of those 20, only two are walk-ons.

*Indicates walk-on
Yikes! That makes Marrone look like a marshmallow.

There are some freshmen in the list. Some of those guys must be Addazio recruits.

*Indicates walk-on

Borcich was someone SU offered, as did a bunch of B1G and ACC teams. Product of one of the richest school districts in the country, Bronxville. Maybe a bit soft? At least that's the stereotype of the rich kid.

There are some freshmen in the list. Some of those guys must be Addazio recruits.
Well everything points to him being a tremendous a-hole so not surprising.

Anyone we'd look at from a transfer perspective - or is there an in-conference rule?

Anyone we'd look at from a transfer perspective - or is there an in-conference rule?

I think it's a year just like any other transfer - I know the Big East had that goofy 2 year rule but I'm pretty sure the ACC is a year.

18 schollies... yikes. They'll have full classes for the coming years.
If kids don't buy into the program then it's best for all that they transfer.
The freshmen could be of the red shirt variety (I don't know the BCU roster and am too lazy too look it up).

A tremendous A-HOLE? Why because he's intense, hard nosed? Please, he can recruit and is flipping the roster. It happens. I worry about Addazio from an X's and O's standpoint not in his ability to relate, recruit and get kids to sell out for the program.

This is football at a very high level.

IthacaBarrel said:
A tremendous A-HOLE? Why because he's intense, hard nosed? Please, he can recruit and is flipping the roster. It happens. I worry about Addazio from an X's and O's standpoint not in his ability to relate, recruit and get kids to sell out for the program. This is football at a very high level.

Addazio is perceived here a bit like SS is to other fan bases (Clemson, anyone?)...

If he's your guy he's tough and intense - if he's on the opposing sideline he's an a-hole. Now we know SS better than most and know he's a good guy...

So doing the math they will be light on depth next season?
By mid-season, after accumulating a few injuries, they might have to limit contact during practices like former HCDM did here.

If I remember correctly, SU was down to 55 available scholarship players for practice and games at one point. BC's situation could end up much worse since they're starting the season with only 65.

Last edited:
They lost so much senior production on offense (starting QB, and an RB and WR who combined for 67% of their offensive yards).

Throw this house cleaning in, or whatever it is.

Short term, they should be woeful in 2014. Would be hi-larious if they lose their opener to UMass.

A tremendous A-HOLE? Why because he's intense, hard nosed? Please, he can recruit and is flipping the roster. It happens. I worry about Addazio from an X's and O's standpoint not in his ability to relate, recruit and get kids to sell out for the program.

BC to be good needs to out work everyone, just like SU.

The scholarships for all these guys are probably active for the rest of the school year, right?

By mid-season, after accumulating a few injuries, they might have to limit contact during practices like former HCDM did here.

If I remember correctly, SU was down to 55 available scholarship players for practice and games at one point during. BC's situation could end up much worse since they're starting the season with only 65.

I wouldn't be surprised if he sees this year as a throw away year. He established himself last year earning some good will. But he losses Retting and Williams. They will most likely go with grad transfer Murphy who looked extremely limited at UF, and groom Darius Wade to take over next year. Looks like a sub .500 year anyways so might as well cull the herd and then recruit your ass off and bring in 35 commits. Pretty nice move imo.

From a Syracuse standpoint i like that we have them the last game of the season. Injuries will have accumulated by then and they will probably be playing walk ons. Plus it will be on the road so we can steal a road game in the series, setting us up for a nice 3-0 start vs them in ACC play.

I believe Spiffy Evans and Win Homer are "must gets." If only for the all-name team.

I think he's very good at selling them, not sure what this says about his ability to keep them - I'm sure some of it is a purge but who knows how much. The guy seems very very very angry, I wouldn't want him coaching anyone I cared about, or even sitting in a room with them.

*Indicates walk-on

To be honest, it's kind of surprising that the BC admin is letting Addazio do this---that is if he's responsible for pushing a lot of these guys out rather than them leaving on their accord. But when you get up to 18 scholly players transferring out, you have to believe that he's told a bunch of them that they're not getting playing time at BC as long as he's coach. 5-6 transfers, I could see the BC AD signing off on but we're talking about turning over a quarter of your roster in a single offseason. You would think that would set off some red lights. It's not going to do their much prized graduation numbers any favors. There's also the worry that the academic folks, especially at a place like BC, always have of the football and basketball programs revealing the charade that we have something more like a minor league pro team on campus with player cuts and waiver wires than amateur intercollegiate athletics. He must have a lot of support from admins and boosters to get this done.