OT - Addazio Extended | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Addazio Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep up the good work guys. I honestly believe we're only a new thread or two from making this thing happen!

I don't think hes a bad coach at all.

The last couple years FSU and Miami have gotten curb stomped in Chestnut Hill.

Yes they are only good because they lucked into Dillon and Brown but that team wins the Coastal this year if they were on the other side of the conference.

And yes I love the way we matchup head to head with BC.

I think hes a good coach for them they want to have the best D possible and try to remain O lineman U. Good QBs and RBs find their way there. They just always have terrible WRs and under Addazio those guys seem even worse.
That all looks good when you write it down, but the reality is he is mediocre and his results have been mediocre. To say they could have won the coastal division: (1) big deal as half the teams in the Atlantic could say that, (2) there's really no way of knowing, so it's just conjecture. I'm not sure he has gotten good QBs. Brown isn't bad and he has potential, but he looked pretty pedestrian at times this year.
Everything about BCs football program is just, meh, which is supported by their results over several years. Rarely bad, sometimes good, never really-good to great.

Most people here were predicting Syracuse to win 6 games this and they would have been very happy with that outcome. And if the team finished 7-5 next year they would have been over the moon with "the trend" and 2 bowls in a row. Now we have a year where everything breaks in the Oranges favor and they have a great SENIOR Qb and all of the sudden they're at a different level. I think people better get over themselves and think about putting together a solid run of winning seasons like Addazio has done at BC.

At least half this board had penciled BC as a loss at the beginning of the season. The Dazzler’s fortunes were tied to Dillons success and ultimately his injury.

Still, I love watching the Dazzlers facial expressions when things go wrong for him. Glad I’ll have that small joy for a while longer.

BC appears to have embraced mediocrity for football. Works for me.

With Addazio, Edsall, Narduzzi and post Joe Moorhead Franklin running the other programs in the Northeast, Syracuse stands alone as a football program in the Northeast that uses a modern offense.

These schools should dominate recruiting fullbacks and 275 pound TEs.

Talented athletes who want to score 50 PPG need to head to Syracuse.
They don't call it win nothing u for nothing.

Most people here were predicting Syracuse to win 6 games this and they would have been very happy with that outcome. And if the team finished 7-5 next year they would have been over the moon with "the trend" and 2 bowls in a row. Now we have a year where everything breaks in the Oranges favor and they have a great SENIOR Qb and all of the sudden they're at a different level. I think people better get over themselves and think about putting together a solid run of winning seasons like Addazio has done at BC.

Not everything went right. Didn't we lose to a mediocre Pitt team in OT?

Last edited:
We get Dino, they get the Dazzler:

200w.gif

Here’s the thing. Their WR are not that bad. Good OL, NFL RB, decent college QB. A set of NFL DE’s, a secondary guy (Cheevers) who is a ball hawk, pretty solid LB tradition.

You could make the argument that this year was peak BC. And they finished middle of the pack.
It's almost as though playing Meathead has a certain cieling.

The Dazzler is worth every penny.

BC still kills it in recruiting and will be a PITA for us in the years to come. Addazio , while not flashy, plays meathead ball but is loosening up the past few years.

That all looks good when you write it down, but the reality is he is mediocre and his results have been mediocre. To say they could have won the coastal division: (1) big deal as half the teams in the Atlantic could say that, (2) there's really no way of knowing, so it's just conjecture. I'm not sure he has gotten good QBs. Brown isn't bad and he has potential, but he looked pretty pedestrian at times this year.
Everything about BCs football program is just, meh, which is supported by their results over several years. Rarely bad, sometimes good, never really-good to great.

Its a GREAT day to be CUSE! But, mediocre recruits? The recruiting job he does at a cold weather school in a pro town with admission standards similar to ours; is astounding. His recruiting has blown ours away the past 55 years as he has thrown alot of pros into the league come on now...

I don't think hes a bad coach at all.

The last couple years FSU and Miami have gotten curb stomped in Chestnut Hill.

Yes they are only good because they lucked into Dillon and Brown but that team wins the Coastal this year if they were on the other side of the conference.

And yes I love the way we matchup head to head with BC.

I think hes a good coach for them they want to have the best D possible and try to remain O lineman U. Good QBs and RBs find their way there. They just always have terrible WRs and under Addazio those guys seem even worse.

Because he's not a bad coach at all. In fact, he's a very good coach.

Also a guy who bleeds Orange, anytime he's not coaching against us.

I've never understood the hate. Against BC, yes. Against one of our former coaches, who's never lit up a cigar in the Dome and likely would still want to lead our program someday if the job opened?

I want to beat BC every year, but Steve is a good guy.

Its a GREAT day to be CUSE! But, mediocre recruits? The recruiting job he does at a cold weather school in a pro town with admission standards similar to ours; is astounding. His recruiting has blown ours away the past 55 years as he has thrown alot of pros into the league come on now...

Um, no.

Because he's not a bad coach at all. In fact, he's a very good coach.

Also a guy who bleeds Orange, anytime he's not coaching against us.

I've never understood the hate. Against BC, yes. Against one of our former coaches, who's never lit up a cigar in the Dome and likely would still want to lead our program someday if the job opened?

I want to beat BC every year, but Steve is a good guy.

The hate isn’t personal (although he can be unintentionally funny). It’s not hate to point out that his style/philosophy has a ceiling.

Don’t get “good guy” confused with “great coach”

I prefer my winning seasons to feature 9+ wins.

Not everything went right. Didn't we lose to a mediocre Pitt team in OT?
Pitt won the Coastal so they are a little better than mediocre. Also we always have tough games with them,

Keep up the good work guys. I honestly believe we're only a new thread or two from making this thing happen!

And you doubted us...at the end of the day this put JW over the edge and he made the announcement

The pressure was too much, congrats SyracuseFan.combyou brought us an early Christmas present!

End of satire

I prefer my winning seasons to feature 9+ wins.
Everyone does. If we played BC early in the year and FSU late in the year, do we still win both of those games? Maybe, maybe not. If BC had gotten FSU early in the season, they would have beat them easily. These are small margins of error. Good thing BC extended SA as that lit a fire under the powers at Syracuse to get a deal here with Dino.

The hate isn’t personal (although he can be unintentionally funny). It’s not hate to point out that his style/philosophy has a ceiling.

Don’t get “good guy” confused with “great coach”

I think it's great we have a rivalry again with BC. If these coaches stay in place it's a difference of style and personality. That's how rivalries blossom. Addazio is a good guy and has been a good ambassador for BC football. He's not as good as Dino. All those things can be correct.

Everyone does. If we played BC early in the year and FSU late in the year, do we still win both of those games? Maybe, maybe not. If BC had gotten FSU early in the season, they would have beat them easily. These are small margins of error. Good thing BC extended SA as that lit a fire under the powers at Syracuse to get a deal here with Dino.
Do you read anything else written or linked on this board, or just make it up as you go?

The Addazio extension was announced Tuesday, December 11.

ADJW is quoted in this story and on the air as saying they had a deal on Saturday. That's December 8. Doing the math for you, that's 3 days before BC's extension was announced.

During a radio interview on ESPN Radio Syracuse's On the Block program, Wildhack said that he first broached the subject with Babers before the school's November Board of Trustees meeting. He said his discussions with Babers' agent began a month ago and that they came to a verbal agreement on Saturday, before SU's basketball game with Georgetown.

"We reached verbal agreement literally 10 minutes before tip-off on Saturday," Wildhack told Axe. "I'm in the back of the Dome down in by Stadium Control in the stairwell and we reached a verbal agreement."

Again, that's 3 days before the Dazzler announcement. And at least a month of discussions.

Please explain to us exactly how that "lit a fire under the powers at Syracuse to get a deal here with Dino".

Do you read anything else written or linked on this board, or just make it up as you go?

The Addazio extension was announced Tuesday, December 11.

ADJW is quoted in this story and on the air as saying they had a deal on Saturday. That's December 8. Doing the math for you, that's 3 days before BC's extension was announced.

During a radio interview on ESPN Radio Syracuse's On the Block program, Wildhack said that he first broached the subject with Babers before the school's November Board of Trustees meeting. He said his discussions with Babers' agent began a month ago and that they came to a verbal agreement on Saturday, before SU's basketball game with Georgetown.

"We reached verbal agreement literally 10 minutes before tip-off on Saturday," Wildhack told Axe. "I'm in the back of the Dome down in by Stadium Control in the stairwell and we reached a verbal agreement."

Again, that's 3 days before the Dazzler announcement. And at least a month of discussions.

Please explain to us exactly how that "lit a fire under the powers at Syracuse to get a deal here with Dino".
BC said several weeks ago that Steve was going to be retained and extended. It's a good thing however it happened.

Pitt won the Coastal so they are a little better than mediocre. Also we always have tough games with them,

My point was that not everything went right. To which I'll add, 'Not everything went right.'

BC said several weeks ago that Steve was going to be retained and extended. It's a good thing however it happened.
This is not factually correct.

BC made no announcements they would retain him. BC made no announcements they would extend him until the extension announcement. There were reports he would be retained (most likely with BC's blessing). There were NO reports he would be extended. That was the big question in everyone's mind.

Just because you think it's true, or want it to be true, does not make it true. Addazio's extension has absolutely nothing to do with Dino's extension. To say it does is insulting to John Wildhack, who has done nothing but hit home runs since he walked through the door.

This is not factually correct.

BC made no announcements they would retain him. BC made no announcements they would extend him until the extension announcement. There were reports he would be retained (most likely with BC's blessing). There were NO reports he would be extended. That was the big question in everyone's mind.

Just because you think it's true, or want it to be true, does not make it true. Addazio's extension has absolutely nothing to do with Dino's extension. To say it does is insulting to John Wildhack, who has done nothing but hit home runs since he walked through the door.

We don't need facts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors