OT - Addazio Extended | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Addazio Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need facts here.
Apparently not.
1544708723758.gif

This is not factually correct.

BC made no announcements they would retain him. BC made no announcements they would extend him until the extension announcement. There were reports he would be retained (most likely with BC's blessing). There were NO reports he would be extended. That was the big question in everyone's mind.

Just because you think it's true, or want it to be true, does not make it true. Addazio's extension has absolutely nothing to do with Dino's extension. To say it does is insulting to John Wildhack, who has done nothing but hit home runs since he walked through the door.
A coach has to have 4 years on a contract to be able to recruit. They would get zero quality recruits if they left it at 2 years, dead coach walking. It's very simple logic, like if your going to drive the car, you have to put gas in it. I'm sure JW was aware of that, as you said, he is very capable.

Its a GREAT day to be CUSE! But, mediocre recruits? The recruiting job he does at a cold weather school in a pro town with admission standards similar to ours; is astounding. His recruiting has blown ours away the past 55 years as he has thrown alot of pros into the league come on now...
I didn't know Addazzio has been recruiting for BC for 55 years. That's on me.
I mentioned the Dazzler hasn't really had great QBs. Is that a comment on overall recruiting? I guess that's also my bad.
I won't change my opinion that he's a mediocre coach and that BC has had mediocre football.

Everyone does. If we played BC early in the year and FSU late in the year, do we still win both of those games? Maybe, maybe not. If BC had gotten FSU early in the season, they would have beat them easily. These are small margins of error. Good thing BC extended SA as that lit a fire under the powers at Syracuse to get a deal here with Dino.

Lol. The point is that Addazio has been there for years and hasn't had a year like Dino had. 7-6 will be on Addazio's tombstone.

And yes, we beat FSU and BC this year *no matter* when we play them.

Everyone does. If we played BC early in the year and FSU late in the year, do we still win both of those games? Maybe, maybe not. If BC had gotten FSU early in the season, they would have beat them easily. These are small margins of error. Good thing BC extended SA as that lit a fire under the powers at Syracuse to get a deal here with Dino.

Also.

Small margins of error are *one of the big reasons* why Addazio is a worse coach. He coaches that way. He should have had a 9-10 win season this year with the NFL talent on that team.

You'll see us start to pull away from our peers in the conference very soon. This system + talented players = more margin for error.

Also.

Small margins of error are *one of the big reasons* why Addazio is a worse coach. He coaches that way. He should have had a 9-10 win season this year with the NFL talent on that team.

You'll see us start to pull away from our peers in the conference very soon. This system + talented players = more margin for error.
This is stated perfectly.

This is stated perfectly.

Thanks - I'm amped that he's getting more time to show what that means. I think he's got the right mindset - as opposed to what Marrone stumbled on in 2012 and then left before we could see it really get going.

At his core, Marrone believed in a style of football that is more similar to the Dazzler - so even with the really successful hybrid RPO/tempo with Nassib - I'm not sure it can reach what Dino's system + philosophy can.

Also.

When Dillon got injured that wasn't realistic, and that freshman RB wasn't ready to shoulder the load. He's got a chance next year with Brown becoming a junior and 2 high quality backs. I'm sure they have a DL and OL development program so I wouldn't expect those 2 units to just fall apart.

BC also had Miami, Clemson, SU at home this year and managed to only win 7 games with that roster/scheduling. Not to mention an easy Non-conference schedule outside of the road Purdue game.

When Dillon got injured that wasn't realistic, and that freshman RB wasn't ready to shoulder the load. He's got a chance next year with Brown becoming a junior and 2 high quality backs. I'm sure they have a DL and OL development program so I wouldn't expect those 2 units to just fall apart.
Dillon is going to keep getting hurt as long as Addazzio keeps running him 30+ carries a game. He would be much more durable and effective if they cut that to 20 carries a game, but I don't see that happening with this coach who seems like he's playing Super Tecmo with the Lions.
"He run good! Me run him lots."

That has nothing to do with what I wrote.

It's almost as though playing Meathead has a certain cieling.

I don't know their squad well, beyond the playmakers, but they did have late season injury issues similar to us last year, no??

If so, one big question is, where is Dazzler's depth? He's been there long enough to build his stable, no?? Is he backfilling with ponies and donkeys or do competent players need a couple years in his system before they're ready?? How complicated is his meathead system?

Um, no.

Um, yes in the department of getting alot of pro talent on the BC campus. at least recruits with talent that was developmental. cant knock the guy.

Um, yes in the department of getting alot of pro talent on the BC campus. at least recruits with talent that was developmental. cant knock the guy.

“A lot” is stretching it. Comparing them to us - sure. He’s done more developing talent. (But he’s been there longer.)

But I’m not sure their pro output is higher than other P5 schools on the whole in the Addazzio era.

I didn't know Addazzio has been recruiting for BC for 55 years. That's on me.
I mentioned the Dazzler hasn't really had great QBs. Is that a comment on overall recruiting? I guess that's also my bad.
I won't change my opinion that he's a mediocre coach and that BC has had mediocre football.

Lol, not 55, that 5 should be a 1, thus 15 years.

“A lot” is stretching it. Comparing them to us - sure. He’s done more developing talent. (But he’s been there longer.)

But I’m not sure their pro output is higher than other P5 schools on the whole in the Addazzio era.

No, their pro output probably isn't. relative to us, it is. Just saying he does alright bringing kids into a pro town, cold, small non descript stadium, tough admissions, fugly cheerleaders... the man does alright;)

No, their pro output probably isn't. relative to us, it is. Just saying he does alright bringing kids into a pro town, cold, small non descript stadium, tough admissions, fugly cheerleaders... the man does alright;)

Exactly. Mediocre, through and through.

I’m a big fan of Dino. I’d rather watch his offense than Addazio’s any day. It’s exactly what we should be doing as a dome field team.

But it seems this is more an argument about whether what some term “meathead” football is dead or generally the wrong choice.

I wouldn’t be so fast with that conclusion. That style may be exactly what BC should be doing based on THEIR circumstances.

And letl’s remember that 2 of 3 games we lost we were physically overmatched by old-school football. Arguably 2.5.

Beware the answers that seem too easy. Often they lead to false conclusions.

Exactly. Mediocre, through and through.

What? Yes, the location is mediocre, but his recruiting and pros he produces are not. geeez, you blind orange glass guys are hot stuff. Spin it anyway you want, SA does VERY well at BC and does recruit better amd spin out more pros. Its a fact. wow, just wow...
!

What? Yes, the location is mediocre, but his recruiting and pros he produces are not. geeez, you blind orange glass guys are hot stuff. Spin it anyway you want, SA does VERY well at BC and does recruit better amd spin out more pros. Its a fact. wow, just wow...
!

Have you ran the numbers? 7-6 most years. 1-3 NFL draft picks a year. That is the very definition of mediocre for a P5.

I also said compared to us, he’s put more players in the NFL. Not homer spin at all.

7-6 at BC should be the median, not the ceiling.

I’m a big fan of Dino. I’d rather watch his offense than Addazio’s any day. It’s exactly what we should be doing as a dome field team.

But it seems this is more an argument about whether what some term “meathead” football is dead or generally the wrong choice.

I wouldn’t be so fast with that conclusion. That style may be exactly what BC should be doing based on THEIR circumstances.

And letl’s remember that 2 of 3 games we lost we were physically overmatched by old-school football. Arguably 2.5.

Beware the answers that seem too easy. Often they lead to false conclusions.

Meathead coaching works when you have dominant talent on the line or at RB. It has to be dominant; if it’s just good, you won’t have enough to play with everyone. Their margin for error is small. “Play good D, keep it close, go on long drives, run it down their throats” sounds good until you get into a shootout.

We got beat by two teams with a sizable talent disparity on the line (and even then our style kept us in the game with Clemson longer than it should have). The Pitt game was a bizarre outlier - that wasn’t replicated, thanks to good adjustments by the coaches.

Have you ran the numbers? 7-6 most years. 1-3 NFL draft picks a year. That is the very definition of mediocre for a P5.

I also said compared to us, he’s put more players in the NFL. Not homer spin at all.

7-6 at BC should be the median, not the ceiling.

Reading comprehension my friend. just comparing him to us, not Clemson and the rest of the league. with that comparison, he blows us away with feeding the NFL again, attracting players to that school is probably harder than cuse.

Thats my problen with this board when things go great. i want dino all day before SA. but what is fact is fact and right is right. SA is the better recruiter the last 3 years and has fed the NFL well. Its ok, we are on the come, we have a huge future. That said, vits ok to admit we have gotten beat in recruiting by a NE rival in place that is a tough draw. Its ok, it really is. We are still 9-3 going to a bowl for the love of God...

Ish and CousCuse are more excited about the Addazio extension than they are Dino’s lol.

Nah, just tired of the blind, bs comments of...we are the best, the blindness that has overcome some people since Dino's extension, actually since going 9-3... i love it Dino's extension and it made my weekend, but i still keep a level enough of a head to know that SA has done a nice job at BC recruiting and developing. why cant the two coexist for the love of God!? Geeezz ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom