OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

My buddy and I cracked open a bottle of Larceny last night and I gotta say, it was freaking delicious. So smooth yet flavorful. I tend to be partial to wheaters, and this one really hit the mark. I will be adding this to my rotation for sure.

My buddy and I cracked open a bottle of Larceny last night and I gotta say, it was freaking delicious. So smooth yet flavorful. I tend to be partial to wheaters, and this one really hit the mark. I will be adding this to my rotation for sure.
Great for the price too!

FedEx finally delivered the last of my Christmas scotch purchases. I added a bottle of The Macallan Edition No. 4 and a bottle of The Macallan Classic Cut 2018. Editions 1 through 3 are out of my price range. I'll crack open No. 4 tonight. Updated basement lair list below, I finished the Larceny last weekend. I'll be adding a few more bottles of something for my birthday, any suggestions? One bottle is going to be The Balvenie 14yr Caribbean Cask.
images
1610138928418.jpeg

The Macallan 12 Year
The Macallan Enigma
The Macallan Edition No. 4
The Macallan Edition No. 5
The Macallan Edition No. 6
The Macallan Classic Cut 2018
Bunnahabhain Stiureadair
Johnnie Walker Black Label
Jefferson's Reserve
Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea Voyage 17
Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea Voyage 21 Cask Strength
John F. Fitzgerald Larceny- Drank
Uncle Nearest 1856
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Small Batch
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Buffalo Trace

I want To switch it up I have been growing my liquor supply and want to hear some people’s favorites maybe I’ll try something new. Starting a pretty good collection but ready for some fresh ideas.

Growing my collection as well. A buddy of mine works for Brown-Foreman (Jack, Woodford, Old Forester). I really like Old Forester. He also gave me a bottle of a newer distillery (est. 2014) called New Riff. I have a bottle of their single barrel, it's good.

Check this site out Breaking Bourbon - The Ultimate Bourbon Enthusiast Experience

They provide a ton of great insight into what's good, what they're drinking, what they're looking forward to etc... One of the guys who owns Breaking Bourbon actually lives in Syracuse.

If you haven't yet, check out the documentary on Amazaon (or HULU) called "NEAT"

FedEx finally delivered the last of my Christmas scotch purchases. I added a bottle of The Macallan Edition No. 4 and a bottle of The Macallan Classic Cut 2018. Editions 1 through 3 are out of my price range. I'll crack open No. 4 tonight. Updated basement lair list below, I finished the Larceny last weekend. I'll be adding a few more bottles of something for my birthday, any suggestions? One bottle is going to be The Balvenie 14yr Caribbean Cask.
images
View attachment 194238

The Macallan 12 Year
The Macallan Enigma
The Macallan Edition No. 4
The Macallan Edition No. 5
The Macallan Edition No. 6
The Macallan Classic Cut 2018
Bunnahabhain Stiureadair
Johnnie Walker Black Label
Jefferson's Reserve
Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea Voyage 17
Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea Voyage 21 Cask Strength
John F. Fitzgerald Larceny- Drank
Uncle Nearest 1856
Woodford Reserve
Four Roses Small Batch
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Buffalo Trace
I picked and recently enjoyed Pinhook and High West. I got ryes of each. Both solid for the price

McKenzie bottled in bond from finger lakes distilling is very good. It's a wheated bourbon. I highly recommend it if you can find it

Picked up 2 bottles of Eagle Rare, and 1 bottle of Buffalo trace today.(same mash, same distillery) Usually sold out for months on end. Fantastic budget bourbon, that easily competes , and bests, Bourbons $20 more... not much finish, but leaves you wanting another sip... in this case, not a bad thing.
Buffalo trace distillery is fantastic. Elmer T Lee, Blanton's, Pappy Van Winkle. Every one in their product line is worth a look.(although the Pappy could set you back 700- 25k...lol. cant say that I've tried it.)

Not sure why the site keeps making my picture sidways, but my wife bought me a subscription to a pretty high end ‘scotch of the month’ club and this was the first delivery.

Turns out, It may actually be my FOAT. My previous favorites were several glenlivets and some of the higher JW’s (gold I love)

I am a weird Scotch lover as I tend to like them better than bourbon (but I love bourbon) but I also don’t love ‘peaty’ Scotch which significantly decreases my opportunity set.

Anyways, this was definitely not ‘Peaty’ but was definitely flavorful, smooth, and tasty. It is a “micro distillery” but my price with subscription was $95 FYI
4A06711A-4239-4616-AAED-75914940CE0D.jpeg

Last edited:
Pappy is great (if you like oak. 20-year old bourbon gets pretty oaky)! But not worth thousands of dollars.
I just got on the PA Pappy Lottery list. If I win, I'll have some Pappy options at the actual list price! The varieties offered are about $150-300. That is out of my normal price range but I would make an exception with a win. New this year is that each entrant must sign an agreement not to resell any Pappy he/she obtains through the lottery.

I just got on the PA Pappy Lottery list. If I win, I'll have some Pappy options at the actual list price! The varieties offered are about $150-300. That is out of my normal price range but I would make an exception with a win. New this year is that each entrant must sign an agreement not to resell any Pappy he/she obtains through the lottery.
Good luck!

That bottle, much like me after some bourbon, doesn't look like it would keep its balance so well.
weebles wobble but they dont fall down.

that skill is finally coming to fruition..

be sure the cork is all the way in and give it a 2nd glance...

weebles wobble but they dont fall down.

that skill is finally coming to fruition..

be sure the cork is all the way in and give it a 2nd glance...
I need you to come to the UL game. I plan to do a bourbon tour on Friday. Who can we get to drive?

I need you to come to the UL game. I plan to do a bourbon tour on Friday. Who can we get to drive?

Get a car service, worry about it later. Get everyone drunk enough, ask them to pitch in, you'll probably turn a profit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom