OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

I think I tried their Port Finish. Only reason I say "Think" is because it was a Christmas present and my lovely partner accidentally smashed it after I had my first glass. It was very, very good and I believe a replacement is on the way.
Ouch.

I want To switch it up I have been growing my liquor supply and want to hear some people’s favorites maybe I’ll try something new. Starting a pretty good collection but ready for some fresh ideas.
Makers Mark.

Sorry... I love talking bourbon..

Was looking for the PH photo and stumbled across this gem from 2016...

View attachment 196961

I refuse to pay full secondary pricing for anything, but the hunt is fun. The Pappy 12yrs were around $300 I think, the 10yr was $220 and I think the 23 yr cost me around $1500, but I haggled the guy down from $2100 and he threw in the bottle of GTS for an extra $100!

I really like IW Harper 15yr, but it's definitely a softer bourbon. If you love bold flavors, it probably won't resonate as well with you.

Two quick stories on Pappy:

1) One of my worst regrets was stumbling on a 23 year and not immediately picking it up. And it was at the normal msrp for it ($230 or whatever).

2) My BiL / Sister had friends staying over at their house, they had gone to dinner, came back had a drink and then were going to bed. My BiL just sort of pointed in the direction of the liquor cabinet and told the couple that were guests to help themselves. BiL / Sister woke up the next day and half the bottle of Pappy is gone. The guests had drank it. Had no idea that it was expensive. My BiL had paid around what you noted you paid for it.

Also, wrote this above, but Wright Thompson just wrote a book called Pappyland that is amazing. Highly recommend.

In honor of Black History Month, I bought a bottle of Uncle Nearest. As I sipped it, I watched this short production, which made it all the more enjoyable. Narrated by Emmy-Award winning actor Jeffrey Wright, this beautifully shot short film, telling the story of the first known African-American master distiller, is about much more than whiskey. It is a story of honor, respect, and an unlikely friendship that could be the greatest American distilling story you never heard. I lift my glass to Uncle Nearest and all the other individuals whose stories were allowed to be brushed aside and forgotten.
<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NO on the Bourbon/Whiskey drinkers.

I'll have a nice Tanqueray Gin and Tonic - ahhhh... Summer in a glass.

In honor of Black History Month, I bought a bottle of Uncle Nearest. As I sipped it, I watched this short production, which made it all the more enjoyable. Narrated by Emmy-Award winning actor Jeffrey Wright, this beautifully shot short film, telling the story of the first known African-American master distiller, is about much more than whiskey. It is a story of honor, respect, and an unlikely friendship that could be the greatest American distilling story you never heard. I lift my glass to Uncle Nearest and all the other individuals whose stories were allowed to be brushed aside and forgotten.
<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Appreciate the link. I was excited when I found Uncle Nearest a few months back already knowing the back story. I talk about it to anyone who would be remotely interested.

Most the stuff in this thread is well beyond what I'm willing to spend but Bain's and Suntory are both great value at $30 a pop IMHO.

Taking a tour of Scotland tonight. Leftover from virtual alumni events we’ve been running since September.

18604CA0-EF69-466B-8BD3-6D14E4E7850A.jpeg

42893535-E23D-493E-B7F2-C528B272A862.jpeg

Ardbeg Arrrrrrrdbeg! (Committee Release) - Whisky.com

If any of you are interested the Camillus Costco liquor store has 2 more of these at $189.00

Jefferson's is always putting out great products. I figured out Hillrock ships within NY, and I bought a couple bottles that I do not see in local stores.
Yeah, I like everything I've bought from Jefferson's. This rye is a pre-order, I won't see it for a week, maybe longer. I need to find a decent cigar to go with it.

So the Jefferson's Rye Cognac Finished is smooth and delicious. I happened to be near the liquor store this morning, popped in and grabbed a Jefferson's Ocean.
OV23-WebCard.jpg

I also impulse purchased a couple bottles of New York bourbons, a Southern Tier Smoked Bourbon, which is the first smoked bourbon in my bar supply.
stdc_smoked-bourbon-bottle-clipped_2018.png

And a bottle of Hillrock Estate Solera Aged Bourbon. I'm looking forward to tasting this one.
Hillrock-Estate-Solera-Aged-Bourbon-768x763.jpg

So the Jefferson's Rye Cognac Finished is smooth and delicious. I happened to be near the liquor store this morning, popped in and grabbed a Jefferson's Ocean.
View attachment 199312

I also impulse purchased a couple bottles of New York bourbons, a Southern Tier Smoked Bourbon, which is the first smoked bourbon in my bar supply.
View attachment 199313

And a bottle of Hillrock Estate Solera Aged Bourbon. I'm looking forward to tasting this one.
View attachment 199314

I love Southern Tier's beers. Been wanting to try their spirits lineup. I think I'd have to sample the smoked bourbon before diving into a whole bottle purchase, though.

Hillrock is great
View attachment 199312

View attachment 199313

View attachment 199314

I think I tried their Port Finish. Only reason I say "Think" is because it was a Christmas present and my lovely partner accidentally smashed it after I had my first glass. It was very, very good and I believe a replacement is on the way.
Update: cracked open the new bottle with Father In Law, who is a connoisseur. Its damn good and earned his stamp of approval. He was reaching for that bottle all weekend lol

Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 1998, 102.2pf, 2015 | whiskey id - identify  vintage and collectible bourbon and rye bottles

Boxed up 66 bottles of bourbon and scotch today for shipment to Hart Davis Hart auction house in Chicago. If any of you are looking for a special bottle pm me before it's gone. OWA, Weller 12, Stagg Jr, GTS, Old Rip, Elmer T, multiple batches of Elijah Craig barrel proof and quite a few very interesting scotches. Won't be cheap but it will be less than anywhere else you may find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom