OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

Hollerhorn Distilling in Naples is a place I plan to visit soon. Looks very cool and the spirit selection is top notch.
Went there in the before times. Great little place, awesome in the summer when they open it up. Excellent cocktails, but I don't even know if they have their own whiskey or bourbon. Saw a zydeco band there of all things. Great time in a great setting.

Hollerhorn Distilling in Naples is a place I plan to visit soon. Looks very cool and the spirit selection is top notch.
Live out this way and love that place. The guy must have an in at Buffalo Trace, because he always has great bottles for sale. My buddy has bought about 7 bottles of Blanton there since Covid started.

They have begun making their own (bourbon), but do not serve it yet. Solid food and a cool atmosphere.

Went to Buffalo Trace over spring break and it was amazing to tour and taste. Bottle of Blanton's for 63, solid.

For those CNY folks- try Brothers Cut bourbon, by Old Hill distillery...farm in Lebanon, NY. I'm not a huge bourbon guy but wow is that a really smooth drink neat over whiskey stones.
I'm fuzzy on the rules. Can it be called bourbon if produced outside of Kentucky?

I miss Angel's Envy. I may need to suck it up and buy a bottle. I used to buy it often a few years ago when, locally, it could be found in the $37-42 range. Now, under 50 is a rare find

I miss Angel's Envy. I may need to suck it up and buy a bottle. I used to buy it often a few years ago when, locally, it could be found in the $37-42 range. Now, under 50 is a rare find
I picked one up recently after the price gouging when I saw one under $50. It is still good, and it's almost gone. Low proof, goes down easy

For anyone with a Pennsylvania address, here's a lottery to win the opportunity to purchase some nearly impossible-to-get bottles. I signed up for everything below $400. That's about as much as I could stomach. There are some options that have a list price of $2500. Lottery closed 4/30 at 5pm

Last edited:
Live out this way and love that place. The guy must have an in at Buffalo Trace, because he always has great bottles for sale. My buddy has bought about 7 bottles of Blanton there since Covid started.

They have begun making their own (bourbon), but do not serve it yet. Solid food and a cool atmosphere.

Went to Buffalo Trace over spring break and it was amazing to tour and taste. Bottle of Blanton's for 63, solid.
Raylan likes Blanton's too!

1623706348318.png

I'm sure sutomcat meant to include this in today's post (in addition to Flag Day, of course), so I'll help him out and make an excuse to raise a glass to the Orange!

New show on Netflix called Heist and there is 2 eps titled The Bourbon King about a guy that worked at Buffalo Trace and a giant theft of 17 cases of Pappy back in 2013. Had a splash of Blanton's while watching last night.

I've gone from a 100% bourbon guy to a 50/50 bourbon/scotch guy (who honestly is starting to like scotch a little more i think)...Talisker Storm and JW Green Label are two of the most recent I've added to my stash and both are excellent.

I've gone from a 100% bourbon guy to a 50/50 bourbon/scotch guy (who honestly is starting to like scotch a little more i think)...Talisker Storm and JW Green Label are two of the most recent I've added to my stash and both are excellent.
I've kinda done the same thing. Probably at about 70/30 Scotch now.

Love JW Green! Somehow, I haven't yet tried Talisker Storm.

I've kinda done the same thing. Probably at about 70/30 Scotch now.

Love JW Green! Somehow, I haven't yet tried Talisker Storm.

Love the Storm.

50/50 is a misnomer honestly as there are some Irish Whiskeys, ryes, and other whiskeys in there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom