OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

Anyone have any leads on some good priced SU decanter and glass sets? Ive seen a couple out there that look cheap, and a couple others that look very expensive.

There are a couple of good but relatively cheap bourbons I would like to decant and make my house staple...

Just remember the @Louisville game is coming up. We plan to visit a few bourbon distilleries on the Friday before. Veterans Day is the Thursday so a few of you might think about a four day weekend. Hopefully we can get KaiserUEO outta NJ to come up with a few.

If you aren't going to the Bahamas consider this away game. If interested put your name on the list at the link below.

Anyone have any leads on some good priced SU decanter and glass sets? Ive seen a couple out there that look cheap, and a couple others that look very expensive.

There are a couple of good but relatively cheap bourbons I would like to decant and make my house staple...
I will keep an eye out, and please let me know if you see something, too.

Has anyone tried Busker Irish Whiskey? I get The Week magazine and there was a bit about a surge in Irish Whiskeys. Busker was one mentioned at a great price point... but only if it tastes good

Attachments

• 1617634726712.png
    1617634726712.png
    578.7 KB · Views: 98
I am mostly a bourbon guy. I want to buy a decent bottle of scotch. Any recommendations for the best bottle I can get for under $50?

I tend to like some peat and smoke. A little sweetness would be good too. But I may like other things too.

the two I am considering so far are Highland Park 12 and Glenfarclas 12, but I am not sure either are actually under $50 so open to other ideas. I'd like something a bit more fun than Glenlivet 12 at the very least...

Side note- I am pretty sure I am buying a bottle of Monkey Shoulder based on what I have heard, but wondering if there is a decent single malt in that range I can grab as well.

I am mostly a bourbon guy. I want to buy a decent bottle of scotch. Any recommendations for the best bottle I can get for under $50?

I tend to like some peat and smoke. A little sweetness would be good too. But I may like other things too.

the two I am considering so far are Highland Park 12 and Glenfarclas 12, but I am not sure either are actually under $50 so open to other ideas. I'd like something a bit more fun than Glenlivet 12 at the very least...

Side note- I am pretty sure I am buying a bottle of Monkey Shoulder based on what I have heard, but wondering if there is a decent single malt in that range I can grab as well.
Aberfeldy 12 is around $40-$42
Speyburn 10 is around $26-30

Would recommend both of those.

Glenmorangie 10
Aberlour 12
Another good blend is Compass Box Great King Street

Monkey Shoulder would've been my first rec for a budget scotch, very good for what it is. Bunnahabhain's got some less expensive single-malts that I enjoy as well, I think some can be had for under $50.

Has anyone tried Busker Irish Whiskey? I get The Week magazine and there was a bit about a surge in Irish Whiskeys. Busker was one mentioned at a great price point... but only if it tastes good
I've tried the pot still and the single grain. As between those two, I'd go with the pot still which had a better finish. They also make a single malt and a triple cask blend of all three which I've not had. Nothing really stood out for me but if you can find it cheap, why not.

Glenlivet 14 in Cognac barrels is one of my favs. I can get it at $50ish in PA but not sure NY

Ok I took a shot on the aberfeldy along with the monkey shoulder.
On really nice blends under $30 also check out Old Parr 12 and Buchanans 12. Wonderful stuff. Had the privilege of touring the Greenlees distillery in Edinburgh (Old Parr) about 6 years ago. Really good peeps.

Might grab a bottle of something relatively cheap this week to try. Will be mixing it with something though. Maybe ginger ale.

IMHO club soda is your best friend when looking to mix with blended scotch.

For those CNY folks- try Brothers Cut bourbon, by Old Hill distillery...farm in Lebanon, NY. I'm not a huge bourbon guy but wow is that a really smooth drink neat over whiskey stones.

For those CNY folks- try Brothers Cut bourbon, by Old Hill distillery...farm in Lebanon, NY. I'm not a huge bourbon guy but wow is that a really smooth drink neat over whiskey stones.
So many new distilleries

Anyone here...opinion on the top 2-3 in Upstate NY?

I've had the Field Days Bourbon from them. Enjoyed it and bought a second bottle.

So many new distilleries

Anyone here...opinion on the top 2-3 in Upstate NY?
I don't know too many but these are very good (in order of quality):
  1. Iron Smoke Distillery
  2. McKenzie by Finger Lakes Distilling
  3. Black Button Distillery
I've heard St. Lawrence is good. I tried it when it was young and it wasn't ready yet.

I don't know too many but these are very good (in order of quality):
  1. Iron Smoke Distillery
  2. McKenzie by Finger Lakes Distilling
  3. Black Button Distillery
I've heard St. Lawrence is good. I tried it when it was young and it wasn't ready yet.
Finger Lakes Distilling makes some really good flavors, their rye whiskey (and bourbon) under the McKenzie brand is really solid...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom