OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

It is not possible to better Tennessee Lincoln County Process whiskey.

I’m a Johnny blue and mcallan guy
But on the bang for your buck side monkey shoulder is pretty good for $40

I knew the history of the distillery. Actually I have never imbibed any of the contents of that decanter. I'm more of a Vodka/Gin drinker.
If I could only have one spirit, it would be vodka. Not because I like it straight but because it is so versatile. That said, I spent an amazing evening at the now defunct Russian Samavar in NYC enjoying an amazing variety of variously flavored vodkas. It was so pure that despite the fact that I drank more vodka in one night than before or since, I woke up with a crystal clear head and no sign of a headache; however, there is a high likelihood that our third child was born 9 months later! My go-to vodka is Tito's. It's nothing fancy but it is solid, especially for the price. My favorite gin is Monkey 47. It is so good that it is a shame to add a lime to it in a gin & tonic. Speaking of tonic, I now am in love with Fever Tree - so much better than Schwepps or Canada Dry.

I prefer the Russells Single Barrel (red label) to the 10 year. Big fan of EH Taylor Small batch and Woodford Double Oaked as well.

Got lucky and picked up a Michters 10 year a couple weeks ago, haven't cracked it.

I go with 3 bourbons.
Woodford Reserve
Knob Creek
Maker's Mark

I prefer the Russells Single Barrel (red label) to the 10 year. Big fan of EH Taylor Small batch and Woodford Double Oaked as well.

Got lucky and picked up a Michters 10 year a couple weeks ago, haven't cracked it.

Agree....Woodford Double Oaked is my go to.....

If I had to pick something to drink other then bourbon, scotch or whiskey, I would go with Tequilla. Take your favorite Tequilla, rocks glass one round ice cube and add a squeezed lime call it a day. But that is certainly my fourth option lol.
What tequilas do you like?

My goto is Herradura but I haven't really explored tequila like I have whiskey. I also like Don Julio.

Reactions: gbo
If I had to pick something to drink other then bourbon, scotch or whiskey, I would go with Tequilla. Take your favorite Tequilla, rocks glass one round ice cube and add a squeezed lime call it a day. But that is certainly my fourth option lol.
A bourbon/whiskey drinker, that wasn't a fan of Tequila, had some of this at my house. There's always some in his cabinet, now. One of the only one's I'll sip. No lime required.

image_Corralejo_Tequila_Reposado.jpg

I won't spend the same amount for Tequila that I might for scotch/bourbon. Never cared to look further.

Last edited:
A bourbon/whiskey drinker, that wasn't a fan of Tequila, had some of this at my house. There's always some in his cabinet, now. One of the only one's I'll sip. No lime required.

View attachment 181730

I won't spend the same amount for Tequila that I might for scotch/bourbon. Never cared to look further.
never heard of it but I’ll try anything once.

View attachment 181730

I have a tiny taster bottle of this in my bar. Maybe I should try it

This is what you'll find the old timers drinking in Ireland. Ach but tis a fine drop.

powers.jpg

I have yet to develop the taste for whiskey/scotch/bourbon. I haven't tried TOO many, but it's because I just don't really like it. No idea how people can sip it. Not sure I will ever enjoy it.

I like gin and tonics, bloody mary's, rum and cokes. But I cannot drink liquor straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom