OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

Yellow Spot is the more expensive of the two Mitchell and Sons products. Pretty pricey at close to $100. I like Green Spot which is the next rung down at around $60. Both are very nice. For the money, give me regular Powers Gold Label all day long.

Col EHT is probably my favourite of the somewhat easy to fined bourbons but Old Forester 1920 is very good too.
image.jpg

Love Booker's! Which version is that?
2019-04. That is the Bookers Beaten Biscuits. I had a few of the others that were good, but I haven’t opened that one yet... probably next week

Not earth shattering,but not bar pour either lol actually obviously I liked it enough to buy a bottle lol
Damn, just splurged on a McKenna 10 year. The price has sky rocketed since winning Best in Show in San Fran competition. I was hoping it lives up to the hype.

We were at some friends' house last night and I got to try some Yellow Spot - first time having it, won't be my last. He brought it back from a trip to Ireland several years ago, but I believe you can buy it in the states now.

View attachment 183537
i used to drink Green Spot.

good stuff

A friend of mine has 35 bottles of gin, does that qualify?

Very surprised no one's mentioned Sazerac rye. Same distillery as Buffalo Trace but far better. Whisky Advocate 95 rating. Won best rye whisky 2016, 2018, 2019. Under $30. And, shocked no mention of Rittenhouse 100 proof rye. Single distillery. Again under $30. Both are hard to find in stores but can be bought online. I've downed all the high priced rye whisky and many of the bourbons and ultimately settled in on these two.

if you want an out of the ordinary - try and find Clyde May Special Reserve...

Cool bottle, solid whiskey, great story

We are alternating between Clyde May and Buffalo Trace, depending on what is on the shelf in PA. That Special Reserve is really tasty but at 110%, one too many is easy to do! I was up in Cazenovia at The Brewster Inn (great food!) last week and had some Weller's which I can't get in PA right now. It was solid. Tried three stores to get some. Struck out twice then found some at Liquor World but they only sell it to people on their VIP list so I gave up.

Very surprised no one's mentioned Sazerac rye. Same distillery as Buffalo Trace but far better. Whisky Advocate 95 rating. Won best rye whisky 2016, 2018, 2019. Under $30. And, shocked no mention of Rittenhouse 100 proof rye. Single distillery. Again under $30. Both are hard to find in stores but can be bought online. I've downed all the high priced rye whisky and many of the bourbons and ultimately settled in on these two.

got to bring the absinthe with the sazerak!

I’ve found Sazerac pretty attainable in Mass. Georgia not so much, but I enjoy it. Had a nice bottle of Michter’s recently that I enjoyed. Booze distribution is unique. I love Whistle Pig Farm stock but there is literally a $20 difference between mass and Georgia.

I second the Sazerac and Rittenhouse recommendations but would suggest you look at another Sazerac rye product called Rich & Rare Reserve. It's a Canadian that is imported and blended at the Buffalo Trace distillery in KY. It's half the price of premium rye's and very tasty. Not to be confused with the regular R&R. Give it a shot.

1600868954484.png

How old were you when you started to like brown liquors? I turned 30 yesterday and up to this point I cannot drink these on the rocks or neat. Just don't have the taste for it. Might never have it.

How old were you when you started to like brown liquors? I turned 30 yesterday and up to this point I cannot drink these on the rocks or neat. Just don't have the taste for it. Might never have it.

About 35-40 you will get there. I recommend a wife, kids, and career advancement. :) :) 2 out of 3 probably good enough to do it. I still lover beer but time can be an issue as well.

You'll get there and if you're a beer drinker it will start when you can't burn the calories as fast and spend every 10 minutes at a drinking event emptying your bladder.

You'll get there and if you're a beer drinker it will start when you can't burn the calories as fast and spend every 10 minutes at a drinking event emptying your bladder.
Honestly I don't think I will. My dad has never liked it either and he's always been a light beer guy, which is where I am at.

Very true, If I could choose I wouldn't and have both

35 for me. Started with Old Fashioned's and then started going with just rocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom