OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers? | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

OT any bourbon or whiskey drinkers?

I need you to come to the UL game. I plan to do a bourbon tour on Friday. Who can we get to drive?

cliftonparksufan you liked this first...thanks for volunteering for the DD

I need you to come to the UL game. I plan to do a bourbon tour on Friday. Who can we get to drive?

That Lulvil offer is the best ive ever heard on here.

when i do trips now, i need more than just football...not that football isnt reason enough, just i need a lot of arrows to get it approved by management.

just projecting, but that weekend might be the 1st one after my son's SuperBowl, provided they make it. so at minimum its likely a free week, maybe the 2nd.

if the Giants are away, this will be right in my crosshairs...

1612390396222.png

That Lulvil offer is the best ive ever heard on here.

when i do trips now, i need more than just football...not that football isnt reason enough, just i need a lot of arrows to get it approved by management.

just projecting, but that weekend might be the 1st one after my son's SuperBowl, provided they make it. so at minimum its likely a free week, maybe the 2nd.

if the Giants are away, this will be right in my crosshairs...

View attachment 195940
Wow- that's 18 distilleries. I was half-lit after visiting just 2. Of course, my husband was driving and kept giving me his. I think I'd need 3 days to do a meaningful analysis of 18 bourbons - or 2 for less meaningful, but just as fun. Ha!

Wow- that's 18 distilleries. I was half-lit after visiting just 2. Of course, my husband was driving and kept giving me his. I think I'd need 3 days to do a meaningful analysis of 18 bourbons - or 2 for less meaningful, but just as fun. Ha!
If you scroll down on the link...they have multiple tours set up

In fact if you wanna stay near downtown: there is a walking tour of 6 distilleries

Even though they recently removed the age statement, EC is quite possibly the best value bourbon on the planet. Absolutely delicious. I just bought another Barrel proof bottle as well.
Gary, you need to join us at the Louisville game. A Friday Bourbon Tour is planned.

Got two bottles of Blanton's today. Paid a premium for them but I've never tried it and my birthday is coming up.
I recommend slightly shaking the bottles prior to opening and letting the first pour breath for 10+ minutes. I have bought some expensive and hyped up bottles and was disappointed on the first pour. I have learned that things settle in the bottle and open up to some oxidation. This happened when I first poured Blanton's (similarly bought at a premium) and thought I got catfished

I recommend slightly shaking the bottles prior to opening and letting the first pour breath for 10+ minutes. I have bought some expensive and hyped up bottles and was disappointed on the first pour. I have learned that things settle in the bottle and open up to some oxidation. This happened when I first poured Blanton's (similarly bought at a premium) and thought I got catfished
When I plan to have something really good that I'm not going to drink much of, I like to have a serving of one of my standbys first to prime the tastebuds. It kind of wakes them up and makes the good stuff taste really special.

I want To switch it up I have been growing my liquor supply and want to hear some people’s favorites maybe I’ll try something new. Starting a pretty good collection but ready for some fresh ideas.

Taken under advisement. 10 minute countdown commencing now.

Bohemian Bourbon running in the 9th race feature at Santa Anita today. He's a long shot but I boxed him with the two favorites so we will see.
So that race on Jan 9th Bohemian Bourbon finished 4th. Today he runs in the 7th race which is another stakes race at Santa Anita worth $200000. It will be his 3rd straight race coming out of the one hole. I'm going ATB with him today at 20-1 morning odds. I'm feeling pretty good after that basketball game and want to celebrate.

Any recommendations for a cheaper whiskey or bourbon to try? As I've already stated in here I cannot drink this stuff straight so I would need something to mix it with, ideally with no sugar. I'd like, to like this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom